Boisé Vanillé

Boisé Vanillé information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Boisé Vanillé

Boisé Vanillé is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Boisé Vanillé fragrance notes

Reviews of Boisé Vanillé

I couldn't stand this one at all. The vanilla was difficult to detect in this one, I wouldn't consider this the typical vanilla-based fragrance. Hard to describe it, but I considered it spicy, floral, and woodsy like. The opening was a bit potent and for my nose it was rather irritable. There are sharp notes of lavender, geranium, cedar, patchouli, iris, and pepper. These notes are met with vanilla and tonka bean which sweetens the scent to a degree. Longevity was good I got about 10 hours with this one. Silage is above average for the first 3-4 hours. After that the scent stays closer to the skin. I found the scent to be more masculine than feminine. The scent becomes more tamed as time went on. I personally can't find the occasions to wear this scent as I found it hard to wear. All in all, Boise Vanille wasn't a right fit for me.
01st March, 2015
Starts off really strong. Has a classical feel to me at first. Not what you would expect from a typical vanilla scent. Took a couple wearings to get used to the top notes.
Fortunately the mid and bottom notes feature the vanilla more and it becomes a soft luxurious scent. Don't give up on this one too early. Thumbs up for creativity as well.
8.5/10
03rd May, 2013
This fragrance is assembled with typical Montale subtlety; i.e. nil to speak of. There is an Earth-shattering blast of bergamot right off the top, and the super-powdery iris, of which there is a very large dose, is plainly evident from the top also.

The juice stays quite linear for hours. And hours. And hours. And hours, until you realise that that bucket of iris and bergamot has softened and the predominant note is now patchouli, albeit with enough carroty iris to be plainly obvious and yes, still a trace of bergamot too. The name suggests that there is vanilla at the bottom; I am not able to discern it with certainty. What there is, though, is quite a dark, delicious and manly scent with moderate sillage and the staying-power of Plutonium.

This juice is dark in colour as well as effect, and will stain badly. I spray it in my hair, which I find extends the iris heart even longer. Boise Vanille is interesting, tenacious, attention-grabbing and totally worth a try, particularly for the gents (most of the comments I get about this one are from men, telling me they like my "aftershave").
24th November, 2012 (last edited: 23rd August, 2015)
Opens up as an adult masculine baby powder. After 30 mins I get citrus and vanilla with a smoldering wood note playing the background. This stuff is strong so two sprays will last all day. If u overdo this it smells like b.o. In moderation it's awesome two thumbs up
10th July, 2012
The dominant players here are vanilla, patchouli, cedar, and iris, in that order. These are the notes that you're going to be smelling the whole time. There is a boozy vibe that starts out monstrous and slowly fades to a whisper over the course of about 6 hours, after which it completely disappears. I can only guess that this effect is the result of the slight citrus on top of everything else slowly evaporating, but I should make it clear that I never got a clear citrus note in here.

The overall experience is very good, and the only downside to this fragrance is that as the glossy "booziness" wears off, the iris becomes a little more prominent and it gives off this lipstick-crayon vibe that I'm not terribly fond of. It's 3-4 hours of amazing with a slow taper down to solid, and that works for me.

Wait a minute, I just went back to the sample and the boozy vibe that I had experienced was indeed a result of the citrus.
27th January, 2012
Of Montale’s vanilla offerings, this one appears to be more targeted to male wearers, being the least sweet of the vanillas. The vanilla seems suffocated by a dense, muddy wood accord that makes Boise Vanille unwearable to me.
03rd July, 2010

Add your review of Boisé Vanillé

Shop for Boisé Vanillé products online

Shop for Boisé Vanillé at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Boisé Vanillé

Member images of Boisé Vanillé

There are no member images of Boisé Vanillé yet. Why not be the first?