Boisé Vanillé

Average Rating: 3

Based on 55 ratings

Boisé Vanillé Fragrance Notes

Boisé Vanillé information

Boisé Vanillé is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Shop for Boisé Vanillé products online

Reviews of Boisé Vanillé

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.

reveillee's avatar

Starts off really strong. Has a classical feel to me at first. Not what you would expect from a typical vanilla scent. Took a couple wearings to get used to the top notes.
    Fortunately the mid and bottom notes feature the vanilla more and it becomes a soft luxurious scent. Don't give up on this one too early. Thumbs up for creativity as well.
    8.5/10

03 May, 2013

PeteH's avatar

There's a HUGE dose of iris in this one.

Bergamot-deluxe on top.

The vanilla stays pretty-well hidden.

Delicious.

24 November, 2012

Preston H's avatar

Opens up as an adult masculine baby powder. After 30 mins I get citrus and vanilla with a smoldering wood note playing the background. This stuff is strong so two sprays will last all day. If u overdo this it smells like b.o. In moderation it's awesome two thumbs up

10th July, 2012

Sunsetspawn's avatar

The dominant players here are vanilla, patchouli, cedar, and iris, in that order. These are the notes that you're going to be smelling the whole time. There is a boozy vibe that starts out monstrous and slowly fades to a whisper over the course of about 6 hours, after which it completely disappears. I can only guess that this effect is the result of the slight citrus on top of everything else slowly evaporating, but I should make it clear that I never got a clear citrus note in here.

The overall experience is very good, and the only downside to this fragrance is that as the glossy "booziness" wears off, the iris becomes a little more prominent and it gives off this lipstick-crayon vibe that I'm not terribly fond of. It's 3-4 hours of amazing with a slow taper down to solid, and that works for me.

Wait a minute, I just went back to the sample and the boozy vibe that I had experienced was indeed a result of the citrus.

27 January, 2012

scentsitivity's avatar

Of Montale’s vanilla offerings, this one appears to be more targeted to male wearers, being the least sweet of the vanillas. The vanilla seems suffocated by a dense, muddy wood accord that makes Boise Vanille unwearable to me.

03 July, 2010

kess's avatar

I don't know what this is, but this fragrance literally set my teeth on edge. The sample I got in the mail leaked a tiny bit (into the small plastic baggie, which was open just a bit), and when I opened the package a powerful aroma emanated to fill the area around it. I double packed the sample in additional baggies, but left the mailer behind. Kept wondering where I getting the big whiffs of the scent from. Then realized that the package was still sitting there on the table. Whoah! Giving it a neutral rating as it does not look like I will be able to wear it in public. Not for the faint at heart. This is raw, powerful stuff. I was getting mostly cedar, very little vanilla.

08 June, 2009