Chocolate Greedy

Chocolate Greedy information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Chocolate Greedy

Chocolate Greedy is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Chocolate Greedy fragrance notes

Reviews of Chocolate Greedy

Gourmand lovers dream?! If you like gourmand fragrances and you want something yummy with great performance on the skin, this is a good choice.

The opening of this fragrance is a warm, semi sweet, slightly boozy and slightly powdery coco smell mixed with a little bitterness from woods in the background that overall smell just like coco waffle! if you like coco waffle beside your tea in the afternoon you know what I’m talking about and you’re gonna love the start of the fragrance.

As time passes by and just after a minute or two that boozy and mellow bitter woody notes are gone and scent gets a little sweeter and and little more powdery while some spices starting to show their faces. the mid of the fragrance is a warm, sweet and powdery coco smell mixed with peppery and kind of savory spicy smell that is a nice masculine kick to the scent and I really like it.

In the base which is the longest part of the fragrance (and to be honest very boring) that spicy feel goes away and the sweet part now has a mellow musky feel beside the smell of vanilla and last but not least powdery coco is still there stealing gourmand lovers hearts!

All and all it’s a solid and easy to wear fragrance mostly for women and if you want a fragrance with dominating note of coco (not chocolate!) you should check this out.
Projection is good and longevity easily passes 10 hours without any problem.
15th November, 2016
Yum! Straight up I get warm chocolate chip biscuit. Not a super sweet, kidsy chocolate biscuit though. A grown-up chocolate biscuit: the kind of classy, expensive chocolate biscuit you hide at the back of the pantry, behind the tins of beans and packets of spaghetti because they’re too yummy and you want to make them last and they wouldn’t if everybody knew they were there. It’s sultry, warm, smoky and inviting. It always surprises me when I first put this on – that blast of warm smoke with the chocolate, but it settles quickly and they work so wonderfully well together. Delicious and definitely on my wish-list.
28th July, 2016
As expected, Chocolate Greedy is even sweeter and more chocolate-centered than Intense Cafe, dominated mostly by chocolate, but mixed with vanilla, coffee, tonka, and mixed fruit. There is a little less vanilla than in Intense Cafe, and of course, no rose. It's relatively linear, with this note ensemble existing from start to finish. It has the characteristic Montale strength in terms of both projection and longevity.

Chocolate Greedy may be to sweet for my taste, even, at least on my skin. Delicious but not full bottle-worthy, in my opinion, yet an interesting composition, certainly showing Montale's range extending to the extremely sweet.

7 out of 10
23rd November, 2015
Deliciously surprised!

Well, first of all... before trying this one, I expected it to be all about one thing: Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! I thought is would be nothing but one note for the whole fragrance.

How pleasantly surprised I was! Chocolate Greedy, despite it's name, actually reminds me not of pure chocolate, but of many things. Warm, aromatic tobacco, freshly baked chocolate cookies, and even dried, roasted cocoa beans. It's so complex that it always gives me a surprise when I wear it.

It is a very versatile gourmand fragrance in my opinion. I would recommend it to people who don't even like gourmands too much. Perhaps this has some of the Thierry Mugley - Angel Men vibe going on, but I don't find this heavy or cloying in any way. It reminds me of aromatic tobacco and cocoa. A wonderful combination. Highly recommended!
05th October, 2015
Frankly I don't like Montale Chocolate Greedy, an overly sweet nutty/gourmand concoction (weirdly dry and actually really poorly vanillic), which is not my genre for sure but...but..I have to admit that, if the performer's goal has been the one to create the olfactory equivalent of a nutty/roasted sponge-cake (Pan di Spagna)/dry candies centered Brioches/Panettone, well...this outcome is here realistically achieved for us (at least along the fist stage of development). Along the first five minutes it seems indeed literally to eat a "brioches" or a cake ("studded" by baked nutts and dry fruits, basically dry plums and grapes). Over this stage, immediately later, I'm able to "crunch" the roasted nutts/almonds they use to roast and "roll" (inside special rolling copper-like ovens) there during the souther patronal feasts in the Mediterraneo Sea regions. Really few cocoa, just a touch of vanilla (I respectfully disagree with my friend Colin Maillard about the cocoa-vanilla's "level"), a subtle (almost ghostly) fougere-aromatic undertone, no structure, no texture, a supreme roasted cocoa beans rendition (almost real, paradoxically this fragrance is one of the less synthetic Montale's in feeling). Finally the aroma is overly roasted to turn out almost suffocating so I recommend to wear this fragrance with moderation avoiding in any case to over apply it. Smelling this scent from a certain distance (the sillage is really powerful) you will catch an almost realistic "fragrant" aroma of baked nutts/almond.
11th February, 2015 (last edited: 27th February, 2015)
I will admit that there is something deep within me that longs for a fragrance that smells just like dark, molten chocolate. It is very low-brow of me, I know. But what can I say – the desire exists, so I frequently (more frequently than I would like to admit) order samples of fragrances with chocolate notes.

I am not too sure if I am attracted to, or repulsed by Montale’s Chocolate Greedy. Perhaps it is the fact that, on me, Chocolate Greedy is as much about the smell of wheat as it is about the chocolate. Specifically, Chocolate Greedy opens on an orange-chocolate-wheat note that is strongly reminiscent of a brand of low-fat chocolate digestive cookies marketed to women, called Wellness. These cookies have a thin scraping of (low quality) baking chocolate, a hint of orange, and a flat, dry biscuit with a very leaden, ‘wheaten’ texture. These cookies are cynically marketed as the type of product women can scoff back with no feelings of guilt while trying to ‘reduce’. All utter bollocks, of course, because they contain something like 150 calories each, and when women do this to themselves, it morphs from cynical misogynism into willful masochism. Anyway, the opening is kind of wheat-y in a way that instills shame and self-loathing in me, no dumb Wellness biscuits required.

Chocolate Greedy eventually evolves into a milkier thing, kind of like a cup of hot chocolate made from powdered cocoa. The wheat aspect also changes slightly from a ‘soggy biscuit’ or ‘breakfast cereal’ smell into something dustier, and drier. At this later stage, I get a more pleasant association from it, akin to dipping my favorite chocolate biscuits – the Pan di Stelle from Mulino Bianco (a dry, powdery cacao cookie that kind of have no real chocolate taste but a pleasant, moreish ‘snapping’ texture) – into a mug of drinking chocolate. At no stage of this, though, do I get the rich, dark, melting texture of high quality dark chocolate, and that is the very thing that I’m chasing. I think I will hang on to my little decant of Chocolate Greedy, though, because in the absence of anything better, this will have to do the job the next time I am jonesing for a dark chocolate fix.
05th December, 2014

Buy It Now for only: $69.00

Buy It Now for only: $69.00

Buy It Now for only: $91.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Montale Chocolate Greedy Eau de Parfum Spray 3.3 / 3.4 fl oz 100ml Sealed In Box

End Date: Friday Oct-19-2018 8:24:29 PDT

Montale Chocolate Greedy Eau de Parfum 3.3 / 3.4 fl oz 100ml unisex

End Date: Wednesday Oct-24-2018 14:37:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $73.54

Member images of Chocolate Greedy

There are no member images of Chocolate Greedy yet. Why not be the first?