Fruits of the Musk
    by Montale

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 12 ratings

Fruits of the Musk Fragrance notes

Sicilian Mandarin, Calabrian Bergamot, Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry Leaf, Bulgarian Rose, White Musk

Fruits of the Musk information

Fruits of the Musk is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Reviews of Fruits of the Musk

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative 2 Negative Reviews

Echo777's avatar

This is a very sweet rich mix of every fruit under the sun. It starts out a bit tropical (almost effervescent), with some pineapples and bananas, then moves into richer berry notes. Cherry, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry. It's all here. Very sweet and candy-like with a dark undertone. I don't get much musk in this, so it's quite feminine. It's gotten more palatable as a unisex offering as I wear it, A fun summer/beach scent for ladies, possibly. Should have been named "Berries of the Musk". I feel like Montale was having fun with this one in the lab and then tried to sell it. Probably best for those under 30.

18 November, 2013

Tubereuse's avatar

I was surprised at the opening. It was not at all what I expected. It became sharp, and had a particular botanical astringency. This scent did not strike me as sophisticated. Instead, it is very blunt and long-lasting with strong sillage. The base notes were bearable, but ultimately not something I want to smell like in any situation.

I think some of the sharpness throughout this fragrance could be because of the musk, which I learned is almost always synthetic. So I assume that it also why I was simply left confused by this fragrance.

28 November, 2009

I donít get the mandarin or the bergamot in the opening: I get loads of strawberry: I am reminded of XS Black. Then there is a shift to blackberry, but the strawberry mystique remains in the background. I donít find the berry accord as sophisticated as the accord in, say, LíArtisanís Mere et Musc. In Fruits of the Musk the notes and balance lack the L'Artisan refinement. I get minimal rose in the accords, and that is quite disappointing because all Iím really getting out of this is a serving of strawberry shortcake. Fruits of the Musk eventually settles down to that sweet berry note Ė with a strong white musk from the base. No, this scent makes rather poor use of its notes, as far as Iím concerned. Even XS Black does a better job of interpreting and presenting the berries. Fruits of the Musk falls quite short.

07 October, 2008