Fruits of the Musk

Fruits of the Musk information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Fruits of the Musk

Fruits of the Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Fruits of the Musk

Fruits of the Musk is a completely, desperately synthetic fruity scent, as much milky-syrupy as pungent and artificial. White vanillic musks on the base, together with a dry, dusty and artificially earthy note of patchouli. Thatís it, perfectly identical to itself for hours. Boring, cheap, plain, with the same quality, elegance and creativity of the worst celebrity fragrance out there.

07th December, 2014
This is a very sweet rich mix of every fruit under the sun. It starts out a bit tropical (almost effervescent), with some pineapples and bananas, then moves into richer berry notes. Cherry, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry. It's all here. Very sweet and candy-like with a dark undertone. I don't get much musk in this, so it's quite feminine. It's gotten more palatable as a unisex offering as I wear it, A fun summer/beach scent for ladies, possibly. Should have been named "Berries of the Musk". I feel like Montale was having fun with this one in the lab and then tried to sell it. Probably best for those under 30.
18th November, 2013
I was surprised at the opening. It was not at all what I expected. It became sharp, and had a particular botanical astringency. This scent did not strike me as sophisticated. Instead, it is very blunt and long-lasting with strong sillage. The base notes were bearable, but ultimately not something I want to smell like in any situation.

I think some of the sharpness throughout this fragrance could be because of the musk, which I learned is almost always synthetic. So I assume that it also why I was simply left confused by this fragrance.
28th November, 2009
I donít get the mandarin or the bergamot in the opening: I get loads of strawberry: I am reminded of XS Black. Then there is a shift to blackberry, but the strawberry mystique remains in the background. I donít find the berry accord as sophisticated as the accord in, say, LíArtisanís Mere et Musc. In Fruits of the Musk the notes and balance lack the L'Artisan refinement. I get minimal rose in the accords, and that is quite disappointing because all Iím really getting out of this is a serving of strawberry shortcake. Fruits of the Musk eventually settles down to that sweet berry note Ė with a strong white musk from the base. No, this scent makes rather poor use of its notes, as far as Iím concerned. Even XS Black does a better job of interpreting and presenting the berries. Fruits of the Musk falls quite short.

07th October, 2008

Add your review of Fruits of the Musk

Shop for Fruits of the Musk products online

Search Amazon for Fruits of the Musk

Member images of Fruits of the Musk

There are no member images of Fruits of the Musk yet. Why not be the first?