Musk to Musk

Musk to Musk information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Musk to Musk

Musk to Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Musk to Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of Musk to Musk

Montale's Musk to Musk is a very soothing, pleasant fragrance based on soft rose and oud notes, and a touch of musk. It opens up on the skin with a dollop of this oud-rose accord. This is not at harsh or loud; rather it is soft, subdued- almost with a sense of nobility. The clean musk note lurks underneath and begins to make an appearance as the fragrance transitions into its heart phase. There is no much further development that I can sense. The drydown of musk, oud and soft woods is very satisfying.

I agree with other people saying that this one is almost like a light version of Black Aoud. It is pleasant, airy and a great option for mild weather. I personally don't find it as satisfying as Musk Aoud, I'd have preferred a much stronger note of musk. Nonetheless this is a very good composition- definitely recommended to anyone seeking out a light oud based fragrance that is both pleasant and wearable. Performance, perhaps just a bit below the bar set by Montale, is still very good.
15th April, 2015
Diamondflame is spot-on... This musk isn't even remotely animalic. Given my previous encounters with Montale fragrances, I was really expecting this juice to blow my head off and drive me to discard my Muscs Koublai Khan into the trash. No such luck. MKK remains the King of the Musks, but M to M still has its appeal. Here we have a soft, gently radiant, rosy fragrance that won't take any prisoners, but is quite pleasant.

It's a little too pleasant and polite for my taste, hence the neutral rating, but it's quite wearable nonetheless.
03rd November, 2012
Unexpectedly light, the musk not even remotely animalic. I have to agree with PigeonMurderer though - you can't possibly miss the aoud in this simple yet sensual blend of nutmeg, woods, grey amber and musk. And despite its rather understated presentation style, MUSK TO MUSK still feels exotic; I would be happy to own a bottle for it is easily wearable. But fans of loud, bombastic aoud scents or animalic musks may have to look elsewhere.
28th October, 2009
Beautifully soft accord of rose petals in combination with lovely tinge of oudh and woody notes. it's soft and sensual. you would never get tired of this one. get it while it's available. easily one of those montales which i wouldnt mind going for a 100ml. Think of it as Black oudh super light
13th August, 2009 (last edited: 18th August, 2009)
I agree with PigeonMurderer's review. Initially I was surprised a bit to smell Oud in this, as Musk to Musk belongs to the non-oud line of Montale. I don't think it's dusty or musty though, it's plentifully musky, oud woody and clean.

It is now among the only 2 Montales I love.
18th July, 2009
I agree with SirSlarty's review 100%. It is dusty and musty. That being said it is not horrible. The musk, when you can smell it, is pleasant. There are some nice florals. Overall though it is too light and synthetic smelling. Does anyone know of a musk that can come even close to Muscs Koublai Khan? I seem to be searching in vain.
11th March, 2009

Add your review of Musk to Musk

Shop for Musk to Musk products online

Search Amazon for Musk to Musk

Member images of Musk to Musk

There are no member images of Musk to Musk yet. Why not be the first?