White Aoud

White Aoud information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About White Aoud

White Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of White Aoud

iobhai Show all reviews
You're a biologist working overseas. You're in a white lab, wearing a white lab coat and white latex gloves, sitting under a white light. You're at a microscope, inspecting different bark and root cultures dissected from some ancient trees newly discovered at the edge of a mountain range in Malaysia. Out of nowhere, you get a phone call from your lover, and you step outside the white tent to take it. He's standing right there, between you and the sun, surprising you with a bouquet of roses. He grabs you and lifts you off the ground while you're trying to figure out how he flew in to see you, how he even found your research outpost. You decide to break for lunch and together you hike over to a nearby saffron farm to have a meal. White Aoud by Montale.
25th February, 2018
White Aoud is the sixth Montale Aoud fragrance that I've sampled and I would place it on the "more agreeable" end of the spectrum. The loud medicinal oud Montale employs is tempered by a decidedly feminine jasmine with underlying hints of vanilla and amber. It's a very pleasant scent once you get past the first half hour of "screeching out of the bottle" olfactory assault that is trademark Montale. As it settles into the heart of the fragrance, a soft dusty saffron and rose comes forward and pairs effortlessly with the rising vanilla and amber. The duration is incredible and it never really changes beyond the first hour.

I found White Aoud to be a sweeter Montale Aoud offering and much more powdery dry down. For some reason I don't find it as synthetic as other reviews, but I agree with ClaireV that there is a Victorian style rosewater tone in this that is somewhat addictive. It's too elderly and feminine sweet for me, but pleasant to the nose none the less. I'll give it a thumbs up, but will pass on wearing it again or purchasing a bottle.
05th October, 2017
The opening has a sharp synthetic smell and I can identify it with the "bug spray" description as others say about some Montale compositions. The rose is barely there at the start, getting overridden by other notes rather quickly. Next, the vanilla turns up and takes it to the sweet side making it smell like a candy, but not one I would eat. That's pretty much how the smell ends up, a linear vanilla and amber sweet candy which is getting quite powdery. The longevity is over 12 hours and in the first 2-3 hours it feels a room! This one smells better and rounder from sillage rather than up close.
05th April, 2017
Montale White Aoud is a less celebrated cousin to Black Aoud, but should be receiving some more attention, as it's a little more agreeable and easy to wear.

White Aoud is brighter, more floral, and more feminine, but not quite the overwhelming monster that Black Aoud is. Rather, a rose/oud combination with elements of saffron and jasmine, and a dry down of amber and vanilla. Pleasantly unisex yet still a bit provocative while not being too provocative.

Performance-wise, it's still superlative like most many winter-leaning Montales are, though it's not quite at the very extreme end of performance like Black Aoud is. Still, one knows they're getting their money's worth, performance-wise, when it comes to most Montales.

Not a masterpiece but a lovely mix of varoius notes, a variation of Black Aoud and leans toward the feminine and just seems plain more wearable most of time. Not one I'll likely buy a full bottle of (I just sold my bottle of Black Aoud since I seldom actually wear it), but I'll be content with my decant for a while whilst I pursue other Montales--bottles and samples.

7 out of 10
13th January, 2017
This is an interesting one. It starts off with the same medicinal Aoud note that all Montale Aouds that I've tried share. After a few hours it settles into something fairly sweet (saffron & vanilla) with the Aoud still lingering in the background. It is an odd sweetness, though. I really enjoy it, but it kind of nauseates me at times. But, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I can't keep my nose away from my arm. I know that sounds weird, but it's one of those smells that I have a total love/hate relationship with and I love it even when I'm hating it.

Longevity, projection & sillage are all excellent. I usually have issues with longevity, even with powerhouse scents, but I easily get 12 hours out of White Aoud. Very happy to own this one.
01st December, 2015 (last edited: 21st April, 2016)
Somewhere between this and Black Aoud sits the blueprint that the Montale Aoud Dispenser (TM) references for its releases. This is the stock Montale model — a perfectly fine, cheapy-“oud” scent with all the standard parts on show. There’s the bitter rose, the latex saffron, the synthy sandalwood amber base, and the spices. Like Black Aoud, it’s very harsh and loud — vulgar, yet somehow refined. The difference between the two is that the rose in Black Aoud is more boozy and pronounced, whereas here, you get more of the saffron-latex. Absolutely serviceable for what it is, and if you don’t have a trashy, melodramatic “aoud” in your collection, it’s sort of the archetype. I personally find it better than Black Aoud as Black Aoud thrives on the bitterness of the rose whereas White Aoud softens things up a notch without losing any of the flare. Can you find better oud scents than this? Absolutely. But if you want a Montale-style rubbery-oud, this is sort of the touchstone.
04th March, 2015

Add your review of White Aoud

Shop for White Aoud products online

Search Amazon for White Aoud

Member images of White Aoud

There are no member images of White Aoud yet. Why not be the first?