8 Opoponax (2008)

Bergamot, Opoponax, Cistus, Santal, Amber

8 Opoponax information

8 Opoponax is a unisex fragrance by Prada. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of 8 Opoponax

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

BergamottoeBenzoino's avatar

Like the other Prada scents in the exclusive line, also 8-Opoponax conveys a natural and seemingly effortless elegance, of the kind you can achieve only by subtraction. Here any olfactory trinket that could unbalance the harmony, or cast a shade on the starring note have been simply took away. In order to work like this you need to keep the formula short and straight to the point, but above all you need top quality raw materials, otherwise the scent would smell “poor” or collapse into nothingness. The Bergamot in the opening introduces a dark, woody-resinous accord where opoponax (the sweet myrrh form Somalia) is eneveloped in cistus, sandalwood and grey amber; the result is a thick, liquorous, warm accord of incredible depth, its components are sewn so tightly that it's difficult to break down the fragrance into single notes. This scent, like the others in the line, is definitely not a crowd pleaser, you need to have smelled a lot, to identify and fully enjoy its sophisticated weirdness! 8-Opoponax is parfum concentration, so it lasts quite a long with a discrete silage. 100% thumb up for this!

06 May, 2014

nascia's avatar

I think this is wonderful. It starts off with a strong, refreshing bergamot note that fades quite quickly. The dry down starts with a pleasantly sharp resin accord between the amber and the opoponax and in the final dry down it turns softly sweet on the skin (hence the name 'sweet myrrh' I assume). The sweetness is not sickening in the least, very warming and pleasant to me.

The silage is not very strong but adequate enough. I actually think this is a good thing for this kind of perfume as the subtlety is part of it's charm. It has good longevity on my skin, the sweet dry down can be detected by the end of the day, however I do not have dry skin and perfume tends to last on me so this may not hold true for others.

I have always loved amber and resiny perfumes but had not yet found one that I could wear that wasn't too over powering on my skin. This is definitely the one (without being weak either) and I'm very happy I tried it.

03 January, 2012