Straight to Heaven (2007)
by By Kilian

Straight to Heaven information

Year of Launch2007

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur

About Straight to Heaven

Straight to Heaven is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Straight to Heaven fragrance notes

Reviews of Straight to Heaven

Straight to heaven is not a heavenly scent but it's a very simple and well made masculine fragrance.
For me the opening is the best part of this fragrance.
A strong, dry, bitter and kind of green patchouli note with very lovely boozy feeling and a little bit of spice to add more masculine edge.
The boozy feeling is very nice and it's not in your face and it gives this dry bitter opening a nice warmth and cozy feeling.

As time passes the patchouli note settles down and I do get a semi sweet ambery kind of scent plus that boozy feeling and spices both in the background.
The base is pretty the same smell plus some peppery cedar wood which is nice and pleasing.
As I said very simple and not much to talk about but good. projection is average and longevity is around 4 hours on my skin. it was worth buying a sample and enjoying the scent but paying $260 for 50mil of this? NOOOOO WAAAAAY!
06th March, 2015
bFlay Show all reviews
Rich and fascinating fragrance...evolves a lot from a pungent rose and dried twigs opening that suddenly cycles into a gourmand spiciness then an hour later those dried twigs actually deepen and clarify as the cedar note mentioned here. Periodically over several hours, the rose pops and could be feminine, but a spiciness lingers that isn't sweet at all, thus this is a true unisex fragrance and really delightful! Lasts well over 7 hours on skin and clothes.
29th November, 2014
Straight to Heaven was the first scent that I purchased from the house of by Kilian (henceforth Kilian). I am both very pleased and disappointed by this perfume. While it was not at all what I was expecting after reading a review from an online magazine, I absolutely love this scent. I have seen that others state that they cannot differentiate rum scent in the opening; however, if you have ever heard of or tasted a Venezuelan higher end rum called Ron Diplomatico Blanco, it is exactly what the opening of STH smells like for me.

After the dry down I can still get the hints of rum, but it turns into sweeter, crisp scent. Unfortunately, the longevity for this scent is a downright shame. I have both Black to Black and A Taste of Heaven and Kilian and these two scents last 10 plus hours. To pay $250 perfume ($150 if you get the refill) which only contains 50ml and that lasts for so little an amount of time is not acceptable. That being said, I will continue to scour the internet for either used bottles, testers, or just great deals on this fragrance because it is just that good.

Unfortunately, my nose is too new to break this scent down any further that I did. I do disagree with other reviewers who said it smells like a wood closet with moth balls, or dirty books. I agree that the booziness of the rum opening is overwhelming, I can't smell anything that resembles a rotted book or closet. To each their own though.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity: 4/10 (I gave this a 4 because out of all my perfumes, this has the least longevity. I'm sure their are others with less though.?
Sillage: 6/10 (Aside from the overwhelming, room filling opening)
Cost: 8/10 (Based off the refill price. 10/10 if in retail packaging)
Value: 6/10 (I determine this by averaging the values I have given for the cost and longevity.)
30th September, 2014
Genre: Woods

I’m certain that this stuff could snuff me out, though much less sure that I’ve been virtuous enough to earn eternal bliss. I like the boozy opening well enough, and the rosewood note that follows is attractive too, but all is swallowed up within minutes by the same sort of loud and fiendishly abrasive artificial “wood” that ruins Lolita Lempicka au Masculin and Guerlain Homme for me. I find prolonged exposure excruciating.
05th July, 2014
Straight to Heaven opens with a pleasant, discreet woody accord surrounded by an aromatic floral (rose) and vanillin cloud, cinnamon, green-bitter notes. I barely get any rhum note. All is delicate, transparent, aerial and unbearably dull. Sophisticated cheapness like a downtown boutique (not "haute couture", think more of the "classy" dept at Zara's). Anonymous, conventional, quite pale and washed. No evolution, just a general toning down. Short persistence. Overpriced and pathetically pretentious.

20th May, 2014 (last edited: 23rd May, 2014)
Tony T Show all reviews
Some rum for a few minutes and then light cedar kicks in..
The cedar is at it's peak for 30 mins.
Then a skin scent..
45 minutes of projection for 200 bucks?
C'mon Man!!!
14th December, 2013

Add your review of Straight to Heaven

Shop for Straight to Heaven products online

Shop for Straight to Heaven at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Straight to Heaven

Member images of Straight to Heaven

There are no member images of Straight to Heaven yet. Why not be the first?