Straight to Heaven (2007)
    by By Kilian

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 239 ratings

Straight to Heaven Fragrance notes

Rum, Nutmeg, Brazilian Rosewood, Cedar, Patchouli

Straight to Heaven information

Straight to Heaven is a unisex fragrance by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Straight to Heaven products online

50ml EdP

Reviews of Straight to Heaven

Showing 1 to 6 of 46 reviews.

bFlay's avatar

Rich and fascinating fragrance...evolves a lot from a pungent rose and dried twigs opening that suddenly cycles into a gourmand spiciness then an hour later those dried twigs actually deepen and clarify as the cedar note mentioned here. Periodically over several hours, the rose pops and could be feminine, but a spiciness lingers that isn't sweet at all, thus this is a true unisex fragrance and really delightful! Lasts well over 7 hours on skin and clothes.

29th November, 2014

jchebert1979's avatar

Straight to Heaven was the first scent that I purchased from the house of by Kilian (henceforth Kilian). I am both very pleased and disappointed by this perfume. While it was not at all what I was expecting after reading a review from an online magazine, I absolutely love this scent. I have seen that others state that they cannot differentiate rum scent in the opening; however, if you have ever heard of or tasted a Venezuelan higher end rum called Ron Diplomatico Blanco, it is exactly what the opening of STH smells like for me.

After the dry down I can still get the hints of rum, but it turns into sweeter, crisp scent. Unfortunately, the longevity for this scent is a downright shame. I have both Black to Black and A Taste of Heaven and Kilian and these two scents last 10 plus hours. To pay $250 perfume ($150 if you get the refill) which only contains 50ml and that lasts for so little an amount of time is not acceptable. That being said, I will continue to scour the internet for either used bottles, testers, or just great deals on this fragrance because it is just that good.

Unfortunately, my nose is too new to break this scent down any further that I did. I do disagree with other reviewers who said it smells like a wood closet with moth balls, or dirty books. I agree that the booziness of the rum opening is overwhelming, I can't smell anything that resembles a rotted book or closet. To each their own though.

Scent: 9/10
    Longevity: 4/10 (I gave this a 4 because out of all my perfumes, this has the least longevity. I'm sure their are others with less though.?
    Sillage: 6/10 (Aside from the overwhelming, room filling opening)
    Cost: 8/10 (Based off the refill price. 10/10 if in retail packaging)
    Value: 6/10 (I determine this by averaging the values I have given for the cost and longevity.)

30th September, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

I’m certain that this stuff could snuff me out, though much less sure that I’ve been virtuous enough to earn eternal bliss. I like the boozy opening well enough, and the rosewood note that follows is attractive too, but all is swallowed up within minutes by the same sort of loud and fiendishly abrasive artificial “wood” that ruins Lolita Lempicka au Masculin and Guerlain Homme for me. I find prolonged exposure excruciating.

05th July, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Straight to Heaven opens with a pleasant, discreet woody accord surrounded by an aromatic floral (rose) and vanillin cloud, cinnamon, green-bitter notes. I barely get any rhum note. All is delicate, transparent, aerial and unbearably dull. Sophisticated cheapness like a downtown boutique (not "haute couture", think more of the "classy" dept at Zara's). Anonymous, conventional, quite pale and washed. No evolution, just a general toning down. Short persistence. Overpriced and pathetically pretentious.

20th May, 2014 (Last Edited: 23rd May, 2014)

Tony T's avatar

Some rum for a few minutes and then light cedar kicks in..
    The cedar is at it's peak for 30 mins.
    Then a skin scent..
    45 minutes of projection for 200 bucks?
    C'mon Man!!!

14th December, 2013

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

When I first tried it, I thought I’d finally found a killer cedar fragrance only to realize it was one of those ‘five minutes of fame’ jobs where after the top notes fade one is left with something zipping quickly down the scale of pleasure. So, briefly, that top: turbo cedar laced with swirls of sweetness, hints of booze, powerful but gauzy at the same time, like a steroid-pumped bodybuilder doing the dance of the seven veils.
    But then, what one is left with is mainly a much flatter cedar bolstered with plenty of screechy woody aromachemicals (the kind that pierce the nose) and some residual sweetness. It’s still pretty pleasant to wear, but about as exciting as a check shirt.

11th November, 2013