Straight to Heaven (2007)
by By Kilian

Straight to Heaven information

Year of Launch2007

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur

About Straight to Heaven

Straight to Heaven is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Straight to Heaven fragrance notes

Reviews of Straight to Heaven

Lots of smooth, buttery rum in the beginning and then dries down to a dry, airy cedar scent, almost metallic. The drydown reminds me of walking into an old wooden house that's being preserved for historical purposes. Feels formal to me and maybe best in cooler weather.

I get excellent projection during the first 2-3 hours. Can be cloying if over-sprayed. Skin scent after that lasts all day on me.
23rd March, 2018
A rather disappointing fragrance for any price - on my skin it vanished within no more than two hours, and even during that period and a decent application it was not easily detectable.
I will say that the actual scent itself is rather nice, certainly doesn't bring anything else to mind and is quite different from Guerlain Homme Intense despite sharing that rum note, so I wouldn't call it generic, and if only it were significantly better performing I might even consider a bottle, but not as it stands, especially for the steep price.
29th November, 2017
Dull generic modern masculine watery patchouli fragrance with an added note of rum up top that is very hollow. Smells less like any rum, and more like rubbing alcohol with a hint of rum. There's another synthetic note I can't quite put my finger on, that reminds me of Aventus. I suspect it's the synthetic wood notes.

Also, this lasts hardly an hour, which is outrageous. So there you have it: ultra expensive, smells mediocre, and vanishes before you're ready to put on your shoes. Sounds awesome?

Straight to heaven, eh? More like straight to nothingness, and as pretentious as they come.

1.5/5
19th March, 2017
Was a gorgeous boozy sweet scent which provided comforting wafts throughout the day, but reformulation (alcohol by vol now 80% versus previously 79%, so a 5% reduction in aromatics) has killed it, now a will o' the wisp and gone in under an hour. Shame
06th March, 2017
I didn't give this a thumbs up simply because I'm still trying to figure out if I like it. Just recently purchased it and it isn't a love at first sniff for me.

I'm liking this more and more BUT it doesn't last very long. 2-3 hours and it's a skin scent on me.

I smell a menthol type vibe that I'm trying to get used too. The cedar is nice. The blend is nice I get a tiny booz but not over powering. I think the patchouli made this one a 7 instead of a 10.

if you like cedar, woodsy, spicy type fragrance it's worth a sample.
06th March, 2017
Kilian fragrances are always two things: hard to find and expensive. To my delight, the Saks by me now carries their line in-store and I got two samples. If no retailer near you carries Kilian, go to a Sephora and smell Rose by Elizabeth and James; Straight to Heaven is 80% identical.

To describe this smell, the word boozy must be used. It's incredibly boozy. I feel it's a bit overpowering at first, but that leads me into my biggest complaint - the longevity. I put two sprays on each wrist and it was unbearably potent for 2 hours. It is now 6 hours later and it's one small step above a skin scent. Projection is 11/10 for the first few hours.

Because I find this scent a little off putting, too strong and weak in the longevity category, I can only give it a neutral at best.
19th December, 2016