Straight to Heaven (2007)
by By Kilian

Straight to Heaven information

Year of Launch2007

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur

About Straight to Heaven

Straight to Heaven is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Straight to Heaven fragrance notes

Reviews of Straight to Heaven

Dull generic modern masculine watery patchouli fragrance with an added note of rum up top that is very hollow. Smells less like any rum, and more like rubbing alcohol with a hint of rum. There's another synthetic note I can't quite put my finger on, that reminds me of Aventus. I suspect it's the synthetic wood notes.

Also, this lasts hardly an hour, which is outrageous. So there you have it: ultra expensive, smells mediocre, and vanishes before you're ready to put on your shoes. Sounds awesome?

Straight to heaven, eh? More like straight to nothingness, and as pretentious as they come.

1.5/5
19th March, 2017
Was a gorgeous boozy sweet scent which provided comforting wafts throughout the day, but reformulation (alcohol by vol now 80% versus previously 79%, so a 5% reduction in aromatics) has killed it, now a will o' the wisp and gone in under an hour. Shame
06th March, 2017
I didn't give this a thumbs up simply because I'm still trying to figure out if I like it. Just recently purchased it and it isn't a love at first sniff for me.

I'm liking this more and more BUT it doesn't last very long. 2-3 hours and it's a skin scent on me.

I smell a menthol type vibe that I'm trying to get used too. The cedar is nice. The blend is nice I get a tiny booz but not over powering. I think the patchouli made this one a 7 instead of a 10.

if you like cedar, woodsy, spicy type fragrance it's worth a sample.
06th March, 2017
Kilian fragrances are always two things: hard to find and expensive. To my delight, the Saks by me now carries their line in-store and I got two samples. If no retailer near you carries Kilian, go to a Sephora and smell Rose by Elizabeth and James; Straight to Heaven is 80% identical.

To describe this smell, the word boozy must be used. It's incredibly boozy. I feel it's a bit overpowering at first, but that leads me into my biggest complaint - the longevity. I put two sprays on each wrist and it was unbearably potent for 2 hours. It is now 6 hours later and it's one small step above a skin scent. Projection is 11/10 for the first few hours.

Because I find this scent a little off putting, too strong and weak in the longevity category, I can only give it a neutral at best.
19th December, 2016
The opening burst brings to mind AMen Pure Malt with a touch of caramel/patchouli that reminds me of AnimaleAnimale...thick rich dark rum...changes rather quickly to a very natural smelling cedar with a touch of spicy patchouli...to my nose, a very beautiful scent overall...only thing holding me back from buying anything more than a small decant is the lack of silage and longevity...
28th November, 2016
Read a lot of reviews saying its a generic , run of the mill fragrance with hefty price tag, well,i may agree with the price tag complaint but still desperate to have a single fragrance which smells like this.

Straight to Heaven reminds me of only one fragrance and thats French Lover, in fact I always wanted French lovers' drydown to smell like this, STH is all about Cedar and very refined Patchouli with the hint of musky booze.

I Love the dry down of this , that's so refined so elegant , so manly and so heavenly. So far the best from the House among all tested earlier.
23rd October, 2016