Straight to Heaven (2007)
by By Kilian

Straight to Heaven information

Year of Launch2007

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur

About Straight to Heaven

Straight to Heaven is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Straight to Heaven fragrance notes

Reviews of Straight to Heaven

Kilian fragrances are always two things: hard to find and expensive. To my delight, the Saks by me now carries their line in-store and I got two samples. If no retailer near you carries Kilian, go to a Sephora and smell Rose by Elizabeth and James; Straight to Heaven is 80% identical.

To describe this smell, the word boozy must be used. It's incredibly boozy. I feel it's a bit overpowering at first, but that leads me into my biggest complaint - the longevity. I put two sprays on each wrist and it was unbearably potent for 2 hours. It is now 6 hours later and it's one small step above a skin scent. Projection is 11/10 for the first few hours.

Because I find this scent a little off putting, too strong and weak in the longevity category, I can only give it a neutral at best.
19th December, 2016
The opening burst brings to mind AMen Pure Malt with a touch of caramel/patchouli that reminds me of AnimaleAnimale...thick rich dark rum...changes rather quickly to a very natural smelling cedar with a touch of spicy patchouli...to my nose, a very beautiful scent overall...only thing holding me back from buying anything more than a small decant is the lack of silage and longevity...
28th November, 2016
Read a lot of reviews saying its a generic , run of the mill fragrance with hefty price tag, well,i may agree with the price tag complaint but still desperate to have a single fragrance which smells like this.

Straight to Heaven reminds me of only one fragrance and thats French Lover, in fact I always wanted French lovers' drydown to smell like this, STH is all about Cedar and very refined Patchouli with the hint of musky booze.

I Love the dry down of this , that's so refined so elegant , so manly and so heavenly. So far the best from the House among all tested earlier.
23rd October, 2016
chad888 Show all reviews
Imagine drinking brandy (to me i get brandy) or rum (if you believe the notes) in a saw mill. Wood chippings everywhere and booze.

That is straight to heaven.
19th October, 2016
Boozy Nutmeg with a wooden drydown. Just not my style.
05th September, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
There is a pleasant opening blast, a bit on the boozy side with hints of rum and, most importantly, a prominent nutmeg note. On my skin this nutmeg develops really nicely, combining with pleasant gentle slightly sweetish spiciness. The latter develops whiffs of tonka later on.

Further down the track a woodsy note develops that at times is hard to pinpoint. It is not a truly convincing sandal impression on me, has a slightly cedary undertone and is as such a tad on the generic side; further into the base it is the spice note as well as a newly emerging patchouli that gives the base its interesting characteristics, at times with an overarching mildly balsamic accompaniment. The patchouli is not on the heavy or sharp side, is quite balanced and at times with hints of earthiness.

The performance is very solid with moderate sillage, very good projection and a longevity of eight hours. Solid also is the quality of the ingredients; I do not think the olfactoric materials used her - synthetic and a times bordering on the generic - are of prime level quality, but they are not bad either.

This is not an easy one to score; I am torn between neutral and positive and it is the good performance that gets it across the line into positive territory - just. Down to earth more than into heaven; maybe a sunny part of purgatory on the way to the stairway to the celestial regions. 3/5.
05th January, 2016

Add your review of Straight to Heaven

Shop for Straight to Heaven products online

Search Amazon for Straight to Heaven

Member images of Straight to Heaven

There are no member images of Straight to Heaven yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Straight to Heaven