Straight to Heaven (2007)
by By Kilian

Straight to Heaven information

Year of Launch2007

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur

About Straight to Heaven

Straight to Heaven is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Straight to Heaven fragrance notes

Reviews of Straight to Heaven

Just gorgeous!

I have sampled several of the by Kilian offerings, thanks to several awesome trades both here and elsewhere, and found myself going back to this one over and over.

Here's "the thing" - I cannot for the life of me pick out the specific notes. It is one of my few complaints, yet it is conversely the mystery of the scent that intrigues me. Weird, right?

I wore it yesterday - received it from FedEx right from by Killian, wrapped so beautifully (it was an absolute joygasm just unwrapping it!), took it out and spritzed it on immediately. I could NOT stop sniffing my wrists throughout my sessions last night, and my clients all commented that "something smells really good in here". I can only assume they meant me, as I had no candles in my office.

I have no idea what to say regarding the notes, since as I reported I cannot distinguish them - normally this annoys me, but for some reason it works here. I also found that the longevity was a surprise, based upon some of the reviews - I still smelled it faintly on myself this morning.
09th September, 2015
Well, here's my review of Straight to Heaven by By Kilian. I had a sample from a sample service provided by skins in the Netherlands, because it's way too expensive to buy a bottle.
First impression: almost exactly the same as French Lover by Frederique Malle. Only difference: this has more cedar, and minus that strange stale flowerpot water/dead plants smell from French Lover.
I did not notice a rum or a patchouli note. If I want a rum note, I go straight to Bentley Intense (which is much much cheaper and a delightful scent).
So, I noticed cedar and ambroxan, and maybe some spices.

projection: 6
longevity: 8
sillage: 7
price: too expensive, although good quality ingredients of course
overall: 7/8
but of course: "That's, uuh, like your opinion, man"
15th August, 2015
A pleasant mix of Australian sandalwood (that kind that smells like coconut water) and dusty oak, with cedar and a sort of nutmeg cinnamon stick smell for depth. It has hints of dry tobacco and frankly, it's mostly that hamster-ish cedar that keeps it from smelling like plywood. I keep smelling it around me, but it seems to fade from my skin fairly fast. My guess is that the base has a ton of ambrox or something similar in it that sort of melds with the skin and doesn't smell like much up close but still puts out decent sillage.

To be honest, Straight To Heaven is perfectly nice, but not very exciting. It's fairly linear and doesn't have smoke or darkness to play against the pleasant woodiness. Thumbs up, but I really can't see myself using a whole bottle of this.
18th May, 2015
Emoe Show all reviews
after sampling the darker side of Kilian, i decided to try this and had no intentions of liking it.
but after a few days of trying it, ive found it to be a complex frag, which suits me. all the way through i get a strange edible but not edible feeling, not something i can decipher in the notes, but its intoxicating, and even those around you seem to be allured by the smell. it has got good longevity, and i find it in a good way, the nature of the frag lends itself to the type of longevity that lets you get a hint of it now and then as you move, rather than the full on in your face longevity of Other houses heavy scents.

because of the cost of kilian, id always reccomend a sample first, ones that one person loves someone else will hate.
16th May, 2015
Straight to heaven is not a heavenly scent but it's a very simple and well made masculine fragrance.
For me the opening is the best part of this fragrance.
A strong, dry, bitter and kind of green patchouli note with very lovely boozy feeling and a little bit of spice to add more masculine edge.
The boozy feeling is very nice and it's not in your face and it gives this dry bitter opening a nice warmth and cozy feeling.

As time passes the patchouli note settles down and I do get a semi sweet ambery kind of scent plus that boozy feeling and spices both in the background.
The base is pretty the same smell plus some peppery cedar wood which is nice and pleasing.
As I said very simple and not much to talk about but good. projection is average and longevity is around 4 hours on my skin. it was worth buying a sample and enjoying the scent but paying $260 for 50mil of this? NOOOOO WAAAAAY!
06th March, 2015
bFlay Show all reviews
Rich and fascinating fragrance...evolves a lot from a pungent rose and dried twigs opening that suddenly cycles into a gourmand spiciness then an hour later those dried twigs actually deepen and clarify as the cedar note mentioned here. Periodically over several hours, the rose pops and could be feminine, but a spiciness lingers that isn't sweet at all, thus this is a true unisex fragrance and really delightful! Lasts well over 7 hours on skin and clothes.
29th November, 2014

Add your review of Straight to Heaven

Shop for Straight to Heaven products online

Shop for Straight to Heaven at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Straight to Heaven

Member images of Straight to Heaven

There are no member images of Straight to Heaven yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Straight to Heaven