Duro (2007)

Year of Launch2007

About Duro

Duro is a masculine fragrance by Nasomatto. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Duro

Strong and impressive as its reputation holds, I'm glad to finally try Nasomatto Duro and experience what's usually hailed as a masculine beast fragrance.

Part of the charm of Nasomatto is the absence of note listings, so we need to rely on our own senses and the suggestions of others in determining the breakdown.

In the mix for me are oud, leather, and woods, and I get a bit of booziness probably from a whiskey type of note. Apart from liquor, I have a difficult time accounting for the slight sweetness I detect in a storm of semi-harsh masculine notes.

Performance marks are very high, at the extreme end along the lines of some of the Slumberhouse beasts, some Tom Ford Private Blends, and so on.

Given how biting it is, it's difficult to give this the very highest marks but for me it's a solid, high-performing cold weather masculine option that one does really need to love to splurge for, at $185 for 30ml extrait.

8 out of 10
01st September, 2016
A hypnotic and very assertive oud note. Bit sweet, bit woody, hint of intriguing spice. But overall, not my cup of tea.
18th July, 2015
Nasomatto website says: "The fragrance aims to enhance all the manifestations of male strength." AKA Packed leather bar when the Bear Convention is in town...but in a good way. Aggressive cedar base still smells great on yesterday's's skin retains oak moss traces and a suggestion of musk.
24th April, 2015
Something an aging, yet still relevant, rock-star would wear backstage to greet his groupies after a show.
11th March, 2015
Duro is an awesome fragrance, with a huge leather/amber accord that will last all day. Sillage is big and it is always a compliment getter, I would call it a classic scent in that you just can't go wrong wearing this for any occassion. The downside is the price. I've gone through 5 samples and just can't seem to break down and buy a full bottle, but I'm determined to this year. Quality ingredients that hopefully won't change now that the Nasomatto line has ended.
28th January, 2015
Another Nasomatto I do not really get. Or better said, I sadly get too clearly. The opening is clean and pleasant, a grey, silky, mellow Iso E plus cashmeran blend, so basically an aromatic woody scent with a slight rose-anise heart. Opaline and synthetic, surely pleasant to wear, even sophisticated, as any "safe woody scent" can be at, like, a fraction of this price. The most interesting part is the very heart of the scent, a half-floral half-dark concoction with incense echoes, perfectly wrapped in a sort of synthetic cage, a plastic bag. Super plastic vetiver notes. The overall vibe is refined, but mute and pale, and not in a fascinating way. This smells like the first one to be bored by this was even the creator himself the marketing genius, Gualtieri. My low rating is partially due to the scent itself, which smells good (as any "office scent" does) although the persistence is ridicolously short to be an "extrait". What really annoys me is all that surrounds it the insane price, the pretentiousness, the mediocrity.

14th May, 2014

Add your review of Duro

Shop for Duro products online

Shop for Duro at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Duro

Member images of Duro

There are no member images of Duro yet. Why not be the first?