Hindu Grass

Hindu Grass information

HouseNasomatto
PerfumerAlessandro Gualtieri

About Hindu Grass

Hindu Grass is a masculine fragrance by Nasomatto. The fragrance was created by perfumer Alessandro Gualtieri

Reviews of Hindu Grass

rbaker Show all reviews
The green grass opens this scent very beautifully in an ethereal fashion, but soon it retreats and remains close to my skin. After a couple of hours a slightly sweetish wood-tobacco note arises and is surprisingly nice.

The sillage is soft, the projection adequate and I get a longevity of six hours. Very good quality ingredients. 3/5.
28th November, 2015
You can make this with a home fragrance starter kit. But few will have the talent needed to sell this drivel for top dollar like Nasomatto does.
17th November, 2015
Grassy green patchouli in a good, old fashioned chypre. There's a lot of bergamot in here, as well as what smells like a ton of mossy green galbanum. It's unwaveringly green and manages to stay rather high pitched despite ingredients that often tend to lean towards dark. It doesn't have the rich intensity of niche favorite patchoulis like Villoresi or Bois 1920, choosing the bergamot focus instead. It doesn't have the high fashion luxe prettiness of Moss Breches either, staying more in the realm of earth and soil.

Personally speaking, I'm not sure why, but I just don't find this very enjoyable. Truth be told, I'm not a huge patchouli fan and I'm not enough of a chypre fanatic to swoon at anything with a big slug of bergamot and oakmoss, but beyond that, Hindu Grass has a musty, sickly quality to its bergamot and moss that I find vaguely unpleasant. I guess I was hoping for a stoned hippie dance circle and got an old hospital instead.
05th November, 2015
Green without being too earthy. Patchouli and vetiver play partners in this one with a light incense (very light). Grassy note is done pretty good in this one (perfect name). Projection and longevity is average. I wouldn't purchase a full bottle, but definetly worth a decant. 7/10
04th November, 2015 (last edited: 28th December, 2015)
I love the calm, clean earthy vibe of this fragrance. Earth, grass, water, sharp cathedral spires.
I almost didn't recognize the patchouli here because it was high, bright and cleaned up, but the contrast in this fragrance between the high and grassy notes was scintillating. And finally powerful. The high camphorous accord seems to have oud in it because the slightly meditative, spiritual note a clean oud produces is present here (like the oud in Heeley's Agarwood). It goes beyond its naturalism for sure and connects with a soul. I'm fascinated with how some base or earthy notes, like patchouli or oud, when cleaned up and thinned a bit, produce a certain spirituality, as if in escaping their earthy context, they are able to expand and sing an amazingly high clear note. There is a fuzz of sweet floral that adds a hint of beauty, a touch of voluptuousness to a combination that could have been too green, too grassy or too earthy. So I find the balance satisfying.
The patchouli is outed a little more in the dry down, but on my skin it stays fairly high and clear to the end. What it does do is slowly mellow, as if you were sitting in a cedar lounger in a sunny field, with grassy dryness, fading flower plants and sunshine imbuing your aura, so you start feeling a certain peace and contentment.
The downside is that it's not long-lasting. And I don't really care for the impenetrableness this house tries to maintain. It strikes me as somewhat of a branding ploy. And the price - are any of the high-end fragrances really worth this much? I answered my question in asking - we all know this is mainly about positioning. It's hard to be devoted to a house which practices this, as it has never been my game.
02nd February, 2015 (last edited: 25th March, 2015)
bFlay Show all reviews
Opens with an incredibly moist earthiness that suggests early spring time when last year's foliage is breaking down as the snow melts and new delicate green things are just sprouting. Indoors are the smells of gourmand spices, cinnamon, mace, coriander and sage. Very much an evocation of Easter in the United States. The middle notes are vanilla, tobacco and moist patchouli. HINDU GRASS is complex and interesting...for about an hour. After that, it breaks down to a sweetly putrid rotting vegetation odor then fades away by hour three. The spices remain somewhat, but take on a different character that is overwhelmed by that putrifying green smell. Starts out promising, but disappoints upon development on the skin.
06th January, 2015

Add your review of Hindu Grass

Shop for Hindu Grass products online

Search Amazon for Hindu Grass

Member images of Hindu Grass

There are no member images of Hindu Grass yet. Why not be the first?