Coeur d'Ete (2006)
    by Miller Harris

Coeur d'Ete Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Coeur d'Ete

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

dlane1953's avatar
    dlane1953

Fresh, bright floral

I love a bargain, and because I found a large,slightly used bottle for under $20.00 I couldn't resist giving it a try even though it's new to me. One of my best untested purchases in a long time. My first purchase from this house, and if this is an example of their quality, I'm smitten.

Don't be put off by the large number of seemingly incongruous notes listed above; (some sites list many more than this) it's a very harmonious, subtle fragrance that is smooth, fresh, and very feminine. A lovely fragrance that sings "springtime". I detect some fruitiness (juicy pears stand out to my nose) but I wouldn't really classify it as a fruity-floral. Love lilacs? Give this a try. It's a layered and complex fragrance that plays out with delicacy and charm. The basenotes are resinous enough to make it last for many hours, and the sillage is very good, (I sprayed liberally) One note that is not listed above is licorice, (anise)which played a big part of the opening notes, but then gently faded away. A beauty. A great daytime scent, definitely feminine-leaning.

The vendor who was selling this frag listed "banana, pear, and lilac" as the only notes...no wonder I won it for so little money. Her mistake was my gain. Love it!

Pros: Subtle but complex, very natural smelling
    Cons: None"

19 September, 2013

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

This is a lovely floral scent. It starts crisp and yet soft, and gradually develops into a rich and heady cloud. I find lilac to be the dominant floral note. And like scentsivitity, I don’t get any of the food elements. They simply deepen the florals. Thus, it is a simple and cheery, spring-like scent.

23 November, 2009

taliaseki's avatar
    taliaseki
    Turkey Turkey

This is a powdery frag more than floral, just baby powder or baby oil like scentsivity mentioned; Probably due to the banana factor.
    This is feminine more than masculine but it is so strange to tag this one after tagging a floral like coeur de fleur as unisex.

10th September, 2009 (Last Edited: 05 October, 2009)

scentsitivity's avatar
    scentsitivity

I was surprised not to see any reviews of this one. Lyn Harris created Coeur d'Été during the early stages of her pregnancy. My understanding is she found it comforting when her sense of smell was heightened from being pregnant and many scents were less pleasant. Notes listed include white lilac, cassie, heliotrope, chocolate bean, banana and liquorice. The floral character is very evident but I am at a loss to detect any of the food notes, as such. This is a soft, delicate and very feminine floral. I get a fair amount of sweetness and a touch of earthiness in the drydown. But the thing this reminds me of is the smell of baby oil! This may work nicely for a lady. I think it is a bit monotonous, so I give it a neutral rating.

16 February, 2009

Add your review of Coeur d'Ete

Related Coeur d'Ete products on eBay