eo01

eo01 information

HouseBiehl Parfumkunstwerke
PerfumerEgon Oelkers

About eo01

eo01 is a shared / unisex perfume by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke. The fragrance was created by perfumer Egon Oelkers

Reviews of eo01

I don't perceive citrus notes, more straight vodka and blue fruit tingles. It fades to subtle apricot, musk, faint caramel and cardamom. Not very woody, more of a dry fruity fragrance.
11th April, 2015
As SirSlarty says, the opening smells like a pretty generic womens perfume, and I wasn't much interested. However, as the morning wore on the scent developed into a quite delicious fruity (orange and pineapple) woody, with touches of caramel and vanilla. I often can't abide scents that contain orange, as they can evoke a sickly, artificial orange-candy note, but this is lovely. I bought a full bottle of Mont Blanc's Presence d'une Femme based on favourable reviews, and eo01 is actually how I'd hoped Presence d'une Femme would smell: quiet, feminine, sweet, a woody fruity-floral for grown-ups!

29th April, 2013 (last edited: 03rd May, 2013)
eo01 reminds me right away of Organza Indecence.
13th April, 2012
EO 01 is an amazing spicy oriental fragrance. Quite complex and elegant but easy to wear and discreet. Don't let the word "discreet" mislead you, as with the proper amount of EO 01 spryed on ypur body you can fill a room, but you fill it with a gentle and soave (almost candid) sweet allure generated by a strong sandalwood base together with vanilla, nutmeg, tonka beans, amber, patchouli, cinnamon and other sweet-spicy juxtapositions.

The secret behind EO 01's unique character is the mastery with which Mr Oelkers perfectly balanced all this elements to create an incredible harmony between them. A comfortable, almost familiar smell, but a really good one. EO 01 can be considered as a great example of a classic fragrance revised with a (very) modern twist.

While I think EO 01 is more on the feminine side, I guess it could do pretty well also on the right man.
16th April, 2011
AnnS Show all reviews
eo01 is a soft, lovely comfort scent that smells a lot like nutmeg and rice pudding. It is very pretty while it lasts, which isn't long.

Update: Many months later I've revisited this and appreciate the delicate beauty of the fragrance. I did before think it smelled like a pretty standard, but nice, vanilla comfort fragrance. That is before I began to realize that most pretty vanilla fragrances mostly smell like very nice candles or cake batter, even the well done Organza Indecence. eo01 actually has many more nuances to it, and to my nose, maintains a nice dry powdery aspect that keeps it from being too cloying or foody. After falling hard these last few months for fragrances like AT L'Air du Desert Marocain and Mauboussin, even PdN Sacrebleue (without the florals), I can see that I totally underestimated eo01. It even reminds me very subltly of the discontinued L'Artisan Orchide Blanche, but not so rich or sweet, as eo01 has a bit of that very sophisticated and lovely "vanilla orchid" powderiness of OB, without the cold and heavy "cream". Lovers of OB should sample eo01 as it may satisfy that lovely sophisticated vanilla scent. I highly recommend this to vanilla lovers (even those like me who are generally bored by vanillas) who want something with a bit of subtle complexity, but something that wears more like gossamer than thick wool or cake batter.

I would have given this 5 stars, but for lasting power, so I just give 4 stars.
13th May, 2009 (last edited: 14th October, 2009)
Smells like any ol' sweet and floral womens perfume to me. A little resinous and slightly powdery. The styrax note is prominent. Meh.
17th January, 2009

Add your review of eo01

Shop for eo01 products online

Shop for eo01 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for eo01

Member images of eo01

There are no member images of eo01 yet. Why not be the first?