Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 21 ratings

gs02 information

gs02 is a unisex fragrance by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke.

Shop for gs02 products online

100ml EdP

Reviews of gs02

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

drseid's avatar

gs02 opens with a mild and quite brief squirt of fresh orange before it turns into an accord I don't think I can easily describe... It has a bit of an olive oil-like smell mixed with bitter cherry spiced leather which most likely is a combination of angelica, castoreum and wormwood among other ingredients. This slightly spiced leathery-olive heart accord sits on an amber base that is not sweet at all, while from start to finish the scent is both minimalistic and extremely subtle in one. Projection and longevity are both poor.

I know I like gs02, but it is hard for me to pin down why. It is so subtle that I find myself having to apply a bunch of it on skin to try and nail down its scent. Even doing that, I am at a loss for words to describe what it truly smells like and I am sure my vague descriptors in the paragraph above do not do it justice. All I *can* say is it smells unique and quite good, but I wish it were much more assertive. In short, gs02 is a minor success from Schoen who also created Clive Christian's masterpiece X for Men that has some similarities in its base. I definitely prefer X over gs02 by miles, but gs02 is a good way to sample what Schoen has to offer at a much lower price tag. gs02 earns a very good 3.5 stars out of 5 and is recommended.

11th August, 2012

sin_is_in's avatar

Germany Germany

What I get from this is sweet and cold, wet leather with plum and peach notes. The sweetness becomes less after a while but still it's quite an intense and if you like it, sexy fragrance. One for a night out, when you're feeling naughty. Can be worn by women and young men imo and it's quite unique.

09th February, 2012 (Last Edited: 26th February, 2012)

Beranium Chotato's avatar

I have never reviewed a fragrance before, but I noticed that gs02 has not gotten much love and had to say something. I am mesmerized by this scent. There is a complicated interplay among something grapefruity, a mellifluous tonka-amber wave, and an ethereal iso-e-supery cloud. It's like a rapid, three-way ball game that's too fast to comprehend but whose players know exactly what to do. It's mystical and captivating and a little confusing.

I also freely admit that some of my lack of comprehension may come from being a completely amateur aficionado. Out of curiosity for what another nose would make of it, I asked my partner what he thought. He replied with a squished-up face and the comment that it smelled like chewed-up cinnamon gum. It does have both cinnamon and saliva notes, but for some reason I don't find them offensive. Many of the qualities in gs02 remind me of qualities I also like in Geza Schoen's Clive Christian X; but where the latter is an aristocrat or tycoon, gs02 is an architect and engineer. It's less showy and more intellectual.

It also smells great mingled with cigarette smoke.

At this point, I've emptied two sample vials and am well into my first bottle. To my nose, gs02 continues to fascinate. I look forward to Geza Schoen's other creations.

14th November, 2011

alfarom's avatar

Modern. Very modern. Maybe even too much. Absynth, aromachemicals and animalic notes masterfully blended to create an unquestionably modern and minimalistic fragrance.

I've mixed feelings on GS02 as while mantaining an aseptic vibe throughout it also shows some animalic juxtapositions for an overall effect I can just describe as bizarre. Surely not an easy fragrance. Unconventional and unique but it leaves me somehow unsatisfied.

I agree with Sir Slarty. If fragrances were related with music, then GS02 could definitely be minimal electronic or IDM.

20th May, 2011 (Last Edited: 10th June, 2011)

matterjam's avatar

This fragrance always makes me think of pineapples. Not that it smells like that particular fruit, but it does smell like an abstraction of something like that fruit. Once that settles down it becomes apparent that gs02 is meant to be a sort of avant-garde leather scent. Geza Schoen really does the minimalist abstract thing well, as epitomized by his Escentric Molecule work. I like those, but I can't say I really like this. I find it interesting and like having a reference decant on hand for occasional sampling, but I don't really want to wear it around. It's a bit too cold and technical for that.

13th February, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar

On the whole, this is an absinthe based scent. Fizzy woods and studded with airy herbaceous accords. A little too medicinal and rather minimal too me. A aromatic interpretation of IDM? Just doesn't feel like a "real" fragrance with any heart, body or soul.

11th January, 2010