parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime (2008)
by Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime information

Year of Launch2008

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime

parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime fragrance notes

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime

Fresh, modern & invigorating!

This is a delicious fragrance, and such a great pick-me-up scent from a ground-breaking house. I have experienced lime fragrances before, and whilst they have been good, they have never been as enjoyable to smell as this one.

It opens up with a very juicy combination of fresh lime, lemon and some light florals, and mostly stays that way throughout. I do detect a wonderful, lush rose note which appears halfway through and combined with the freshness of the citrus notes gives a sparkling and delightful drydown to this one.

I can't think of many places or situations where you could not wear this. From home to office to big events, this fragrance is a joy to wear and a joy to smell on others. Not only inoffensive, but alive and invigorating to the nose. There is nothing sharp here, as the lime and citrus and florals all balance each other beautifully, and create such a wonderfully easy and natural impression, that I can't imagine anyone in the world who would dislike this, let alone call it "cheap" or "synthetic".

I wholeheartedly recommend this (and other fragrances from this house) as original examples of innovative fragrances which please the nose and awaken the senses. This is one I will enjoy wearing time and time again in the near future.
22nd April, 2016
A lime complete with the tartness. Gets woodsy as it dries down (which is quick but I don't mind that). I felt very lethargic and decided to see if the "energy" part of the name would kick start me and it did. It's like a 5-hour energy drink but smells better (and last 5 minutes but it was awesome). I don't want a thumbs up to be deceiving so it's a neutral.
28th October, 2009
This is 'Series8 Energy C: Lemon' with the lemon swapped for lime, I prefer this one.

Opens quite calmly with clean and soft lime. Never becoming tart Energy C: Lime is a pleasant lime fragrance that I’d be more than happy to smell on others. Winds down a little bit better that the 'Lemon' version, becoming a mix of citrus and fragrant woods.

Due to it’s decent longevity and straight up simplicity it’s on the better side of a neutral review.
27th September, 2009
The best in this refreshing series from CdG. Initially, the lime notes stand out with a refreshing sweetness to it yet slightly tart also. This isn't confectionary! Over time however, the lime notes give way to quite a fresh and slightly sweet wood note. This rich and beguiling scent doesn't last long however but thumbs up for freshness, energy and fruit!
03rd January, 2009
Seeing, and buying, a little bottle of CDG Lime at a boutique was the first time I realized that there were scents available that they didn't sell at Macys. I had unwittingly purchased my first niche perfume...

At first, I loved Lime because it was fruity and fun. Then I decided that it smelled too artificial, like lime-flavored starburst candies, and avoided it for quite a while. Now that I can understand the notes and subtleties better, I appreciate it more, but still find it too sweet.

So what does it smell like? Lime, of course, but made sparkly on top with some aldehydes and very sugary sweet. That weird CDG plasticky house note hums along quietly in the background like a hot copy machine, while the rest of the perfume is set up like a traditional lime cologne with lime blossom and soapy petitgrain supporting, with judicious neroli extending the citrus smell into the basenotes and adding sweetness to the whole thing.

I still find it too sweet for my tastes, though I now understand that it's the combination of neroli and lime blossom that's doing that. And I still find the quiet plactic smell combined with the sweetness to give off a cheap "flavorant" vibe. I'll give it a neutral rating. It's not terrible, but if I ever manage to finish this tiny bottle, there's no way I'd replace it...
02nd January, 2009 (last edited: 17th February, 2014)
CDG Series 8 Energy C: Lime

Lime notes:
Lime, bergamot, green lemon, water jasmine, rose tea, lily of the valley, musk, cedar, white amber.

The initial burst starts out with a typical lime aroma found in most lime scents. However, CDG Lime quickly departs from this cooling note that many of us enjoy. There is not a lot to analyze here as the musk, cedar, and white amber accord quickly take center stage. I am a huge fan of Comme des Garcons and their use of woods and incense. They are renowned for pulling off unthinkable notes that seem an oddity to create a timeless masterpiece. This is not the case with Lime. In my estimation, cedar does not belong in this composition and tends to roughen the edges a bit. As the refreshing lime almost instantly subsides, I step and try to ascertain the overall picture. If I didn’t know better, I would think I was smelling a lime fizz soda, a creamy key lime pie, or some type of candy but as I mentioned previously, the musk, cedar, and white amber take the stage with cedar being the note that for me, in spite of my liking for this wood, ruins the composition. The longevity if actually decent but wears close to the skin. As a citrus fragrance, I award this a disappointing 2/10.
29th May, 2008

Add your review of parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime

Shop for parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime products online

Search Amazon for parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime

Member images of parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime

There are no member images of parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime yet. Why not be the first?