parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime (2008)
    by Comme des Garçons

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3

Based on 21 ratings

parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime information

parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime is a unisex fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

SirSlarty's avatar

A lime complete with the tartness. Gets woodsy as it dries down (which is quick but I don't mind that). I felt very lethargic and decided to see if the "energy" part of the name would kick start me and it did. It's like a 5-hour energy drink but smells better (and last 5 minutes but it was awesome). I don't want a thumbs up to be deceiving so it's a neutral.

28 October, 2009

adowds's avatar

Ireland Ireland

This is 'Series8 Energy C: Lemon' with the lemon swapped for lime, I prefer this one.

Opens quite calmly with clean and soft lime. Never becoming tart Energy C: Lime is a pleasant lime fragrance that I’d be more than happy to smell on others. Winds down a little bit better that the 'Lemon' version, becoming a mix of citrus and fragrant woods.

Due to it’s decent longevity and straight up simplicity it’s on the better side of a neutral review.

27 September, 2009

Jaunty Monty's avatar

The best in this refreshing series from CdG. Initially, the lime notes stand out with a refreshing sweetness to it yet slightly tart also. This isn't confectionary! Over time however, the lime notes give way to quite a fresh and slightly sweet wood note. This rich and beguiling scent doesn't last long however but thumbs up for freshness, energy and fruit!

03 January, 2009

rogalal's avatar

Seeing, and buying, a little bottle of CDG Lime at a boutique was the first time I realized that there were scents available that they didn't sell at Macys. I had unwittingly purchased my first niche perfume...

At first, I loved Lime because it was fruity and fun. Then I decided that it smelled too artificial, like lime-flavored starburst candies, and avoided it for quite a while. Now that I can understand the notes and subtleties better, I appreciate it more, but still find it too sweet.

So what does it smell like? Lime, of course, but made sparkly on top with some aldehydes and very sugary sweet. That weird CDG plasticky house note hums along quietly in the background like a hot copy machine, while the rest of the perfume is set up like a traditional lime cologne with lime blossom and soapy petitgrain supporting, with judicious neroli extending the citrus smell into the basenotes and adding sweetness to the whole thing.

I still find it too sweet for my tastes, though I now understand that it's the combination of neroli and lime blossom that's doing that. And I still find the quiet plactic smell combined with the sweetness to give off a cheap "flavorant" vibe. I'll give it a neutral rating. It's not terrible, but if I ever manage to finish this tiny bottle, there's no way I'd replace it...

02 January, 2009 (Last Edited: 17 February, 2014)

Scentologist's avatar

CDG Series 8 Energy C: Lime

Lime notes:
    Lime, bergamot, green lemon, water jasmine, rose tea, lily of the valley, musk, cedar, white amber.

The initial burst starts out with a typical lime aroma found in most lime scents. However, CDG Lime quickly departs from this cooling note that many of us enjoy. There is not a lot to analyze here as the musk, cedar, and white amber accord quickly take center stage. I am a huge fan of Comme des Garcons and their use of woods and incense. They are renowned for pulling off unthinkable notes that seem an oddity to create a timeless masterpiece. This is not the case with Lime. In my estimation, cedar does not belong in this composition and tends to roughen the edges a bit. As the refreshing lime almost instantly subsides, I step and try to ascertain the overall picture. If I didn’t know better, I would think I was smelling a lime fizz soda, a creamy key lime pie, or some type of candy but as I mentioned previously, the musk, cedar, and white amber take the stage with cedar being the note that for me, in spite of my liking for this wood, ruins the composition. The longevity if actually decent but wears close to the skin. As a citrus fragrance, I award this a disappointing 2/10.

29 May, 2008

madridbatabidd's avatar

Spain Spain

Lime (my favourite) is a real explossion of lime,(effervescent and uplifting, makes your mouth watery), that melts gorgeously with hints of watery old fashion accent of water jasmin and roses. To my nose the jasmin note is much similar as the glorious international well known "Eau Savage". As the other brothers of the line, Lime, is rather linear and just gets a little more complex when dries down, when the lime accord still present but shares the path with a gorgeous lily note, dewy and green.

07 May, 2008