L'Eau des Hesperides (2008)
by Diptyque

L'Eau des Hesperides information

Year of Launch2008

Parent CompanyManzanita

About L'Eau des Hesperides

L'Eau des Hesperides is a shared / unisex perfume by Diptyque. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of L'Eau des Hesperides

Eau des Hesperides by Diptyque starts off with a sharp, almost acrid minty-citrus-grass accord, which smells as much green as really pungent and balsamic. Invigorating and bracing on one side, quite artificial on the other, ending up in smelling a bit like a nasal decongestant – balsamic for sure, but also decidedly “medicinal” in a literal, non-fascinating meaning. The musky base, subtle but substantial, doesn’t help in minimizing this plastic feel. Still if it’s smashing green freshness what you are looking for, regardless of quality and charm, then this will probably suit your needs. Personally I find this a bit too loud and artificial, with way too much acrid-synthetic stuff going on - speaking of contemporary green citrus scents I tend to prefer more discreet, natural refined stuff like some Hermès “concentrés”, but to each his own. Like many other Diptyque fragrances, a nothing bad-nothing good quintessence of negligibility.

03rd July, 2015
I'm perplexed by the negative reviews I've read here by members whose opinions I usually agree with.

For me, this is a great fragrance. Citrus mint, without smelling like toothpaste. It has a very "fresh and clean" characteristic. On first impression, it could be considered simplistic and linear, but there's some depth going on with this light fragrance. Perfect for warmer weather, or when you just want a fresh and easy going fragrance to wear. The quality of composition is really quite good, approaching Acqua di Parma quality.

I wouldn't pay full price, but if you keep an eye out you can periodically find this on discount. Definitely worth it if you can get $1/2ml.
01st March, 2015
(Aromatic) Typing with one finger so I can keep this to my nose. The scent is light fresh, almost mentholated, a bit antiseptic if pleasantly so. Ingredients: "bitter orange, mandarin, lemon, petitgrain, aromatic herbs, red thyme, rosemary, peppermint, everlasting flower, cedarwood, white musk" Other than the citrus, I think it's the rosemary and peppermint that stand out. Smelling this on my nurse or doctor would give me confidence in them. I like, but don't love it. I think it's the cedar.
22nd December, 2013

The combination of bitter orange, lemon, other citrus and grapefruit linked with white flowers and herbs in responsible of the overwhelming metallic effect hardly tamed by the final musk and soared by cumin. There are in composition some aromatic and bitter herbs that enhance the astringent and sharp edge of the smell understating the sweetness which is not enough supported by flowers. The herbal accord with the prominent role of peppermint combined with the frustrated sweetness of citrus and flowers produces that sort of "Bloody Mary" effect that for some reviewers turns the smell as too botanic or salty. I don't smell a so stresses synthetic effect. Anyway a natural and particular bracing fragrance in my opinion.
19th September, 2011
This starts with orange blossom, which changes into a lemon-drop note. There is also a lot minty notes here, ones that are sometimes green and other times a bit like toothpaste. As the everlasting flower appears, it gives a dusky, metallic and somewhat heavy note that is something like white musk. I don’t care for this final aspect and thus I don’t really like this scent.
18th June, 2010
Citrus, bitter herbs, and plankton. Urgh.
02nd June, 2010

Add your review of L'Eau des Hesperides

Shop for L'Eau des Hesperides products online

Shop for L'Eau des Hesperides at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Eau des Hesperides

Member images of L'Eau des Hesperides

There are no member images of L'Eau des Hesperides yet. Why not be the first?