Un Jardin Après La Mousson (2008)
by Hermès

Un Jardin Après La Mousson information

Year of Launch2008

PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Un Jardin Après La Mousson

The third fragrance in Hermès' Jardin series, following Un Jardin en Mediterannée and Un Jardin sur le Nil.

The name means 'A garden after the monsoon', and the bottle is blue/green.

Un Jardin Après La Mousson fragrance notes

Reviews of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

I don't know why but I had a misconception that the whole Jardin series must all be soft scents. So I gave myself several good spritzes and oh my! How spicy!

Ginger and Cardamom are the most prominent to my nose. It's a juicy ginger smell and it gives a cold and wet feeling, which goes well with 'Après la Mousson'. Though I've never been to India, I would imagine Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant is India under the sun, while Après la Mousson is India after the rain. I'd love to wear it in summer for its cold and wet attitude, and in winter for its spiciness. A fragrance with edges but versatile as well.

Originally written in 2013
20th January, 2018
Beautiful sadness
As sun dries away water's
Fragrant sun promise.
22nd July, 2017
Before the Light - Penleigh Boyd - 1921
03rd April, 2017
Here and now in (almost) 2017, it's easy to forget that when Mousson came out, melon perfumes were very much a mainstream cliche and were fairly loathed by serious perfume people. I'd argue that Mousson was probably the best of the thousands that were churned out at the time, but there are a LOT of old bad reviews out there because of all this.

So what does it smell like? To me, mostly black pepper and a fresh, vegetal cucumber, along with that round aquatic 00's fake melon. There are some artificial greens in there, as well as some cilantro and a nice white flowers accord that classes things up.

I've always liked Mousson for its bright and deceptively complex mix of wood, spice, flowers, and greens. I have a bottle and find it useful as a scent that won't offend anybody without being cliched or dumb. That being said, I can see how chypre enthusiasts or lovers of complicated classics can find Mousson kind of dumb, though I'd argue that it's actually quite multi-layered. Thumbs up.
15th December, 2016

This is my first Favorite from HERMES.For me it is stuning blend of Woody and Spicy.It is definitely Modern.Top notes is very spicy&Fresh to my nose.Like surge of Freshness blowing!

In my opinion it is more masculine than feminine however it concern ou your chemistry.I really like this one simply because it is so versatile.Makes me feel Dive in pool in a HOT day.

A casual fragrance and also it would be a safe choice on job interviews.Pure balance and in one word a Perfect Fresh.

Great SILLAGE and LONGEVITY is Noticeable on my skin.

24th May, 2015
By far the most peculiar among the Jardin’s series, but in my opinion, only partially in a positive meaning. The main “pro” is that this smells undoubtedly way more creative than the others, it’s a really intriguing concept which actually succeeds in recreating the feel of a bracing garden just after a rain storm. Wet woods, wet grass... and – here’s the “con” – a couple of totally unrelated notes which make me wonder what “jardin” has just rained on, precisely. Basically the core accord of this Mousson smells to me as a surreal edible nightmare made with melon ice cream, cucumber and mushrooms. Not joking: it’s precisely and literally what I smell here. I haven’t a clue of what this may be due to, I guess part of this comes from ginger; but besides a nice musky-camphorous sort of “warm” spicy accord, a subtle citrus top note and a vetiver base note, I get that. Melon ice cream, cucumber and porcini mushrooms. Which as you may guess, it’s something none would want to smell of (I hope). The drydown goes a bit better, a bit woodier and drier, but still that’s the smell. So I get the aquatic rendition is really peculiar here, with a sort of spicy-mineral-camphorous-fruity twist, and I get this is by far the most unique and creative among this line, but for me it’s just this close to a nonsense scrubber. Mild thumbs up just because I admit it’s a matter of personal taste and I acknowledge the quality of ingredients and the creativity involved.

19th April, 2015 (last edited: 20th April, 2015)

Add your review of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

Shop for Un Jardin Après La Mousson products online

Search Amazon for Un Jardin Après La Mousson

Member images of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

There are no member images of Un Jardin Après La Mousson yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Un Jardin Après La Mousson