Citizen Queen (2008)

Citizen Queen information

Year of Launch2008

HouseJuliette Has a Gun

About Citizen Queen

Citizen Queen is a feminine perfume by Juliette Has a Gun. The scent was launched in 2008

Citizen Queen fragrance notes

Reviews of Citizen Queen

Powder, amber and rose-- my unholy trinity. Throw in sweaty leather (but not the sexy cowboy kind) and rubber (but not the sexy punk rock kind) and you've got yourself quite a concoction. Naturally, it stayed around longer than your least favorite in-law at a holiday dinner.

Goes on my all-time "Dear God, NO!"Hall of Fame along with Avon's Odyssey, Forever Krystal and Sand & Sable.

If that sounds harsh to you, bear in mind that my signature is Giorgio Red, so I've been on the receiving end of more than my fair share of "ashtray," and "hooker with the teeth of gold" comments. We're good, right?

19th May, 2017
To have Citizen Queen, you have to mix powedery iris, dry roses and a touch of leather. Then add lots of aldehydes and a hint of musk.

Citizen Queen is a nice interpretation of these ingredients that leads into a vintage sensation that reminds me of Chanel 22.

The result is something very creamy and powdery scent, a bit sour/metallic though.

It has a gentle projection and nice sillage, with a reasonable lasting power.

More feminine than unisex, but i do like and use it.

Very different fragrance that's worth at least a try.
26th March, 2013
I love this but it does remind me of Bvlgari blu and something else I'm not remembering right off the bat. I wouldn't buy a bottle because there is something cheap smelling about it and it's over a hundred dollars a bottle so that makes no sense for me.
14th November, 2011
I find Citizen Queen to be one of the most revolting odors (not just perfumes) by which I’ve ever been assaulted. There’s something so torturously discordant about the way that the labdanum and leather interact that it feels like a long metallic knitting needle being shoved up my nose—making me delirious, dizzy, and nauseous. If there were an olfactory equivalent to fingernails on a chalkboard, this would be it. Now, please excuse me while I go puke.
10th November, 2011
Tested it several times with confusing results - I felt like I was missing something in this scent, and maybe I was? Anosmia, maybe?

Regardless, I was possessed during a sale and bought it along with Calamity J, and I'm glad I did. On me, it's an ambery rose with a sueded drydown. Nice, easy, not challenging. I don't wear it super frequently, but for the price I paid it's worth it to grab on those days I want it.
30th October, 2011
On my skin, CITIZEN QUEEN opens rather unpleasantly, with a somewhat stinky, rank quality similar to what I imagine would be the scent of a person who went camping for a few days with no access to running water and decided to "freshen up" with some talcum powder and breath mints.

The drydown of this perfume smells quite nice, smooth and almost ambery, and the unpleasant animalic quality has dissipated (along with the hygienic deodorant masking aids). My impression from the other reviewers' comments is that this is one of those compositions where skin chemistry places a big role.

Not for me, but might be great (and apparently it is...) on the right person.
18th October, 2011

Add your review of Citizen Queen

Shop for Citizen Queen products online

Search Amazon for Citizen Queen

Member images of Citizen Queen

There are no member images of Citizen Queen yet. Why not be the first?