Average Rating:

King information

King is a men's fragrance by Parfums de Coeur. The scent was launched in 2008

Shop for King products online

Reviews of King

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.

Swanky's avatar

Although a contemporary release, King is a throwback in some ways to oldies such as Drakkar Noir and Photo by Lagerfeld. It doesn't have their power and King does not come close to its grandiose longevity claims; by about 3 or 4 hours it's nearly gone. If I cannot smell a fragrance, I find it difficult to evaluate. Does the scent of a sheaf of binder paper smell like a $150 niche or a $12 cheapie?

06th December, 2012 (Last Edited: 13th March, 2013)

DGov24's avatar

Received this in a Christmas set, amongst many other samples. Not bad at all, despite other reviews, I didn't really pick up the resemblance to Drakkar, different noses I guess.

Projection: 6/10
    Longevity: 6/10
    Versatility: 8/10
    Smell: 7/10
    Overall: 7/10

06th November, 2011

man114's avatar

Up front it smells vaguely like sweet Drakkar. Perhaps Caesar's Man is a better interpretation as this is sweeter smelling than Drakkar as is Caesar's. Opening is almost identical but weaker to Caesar's. After a period of time (not a long one, I've met my friend an hour or two after he put this stuff on) it smells like an incense stick. An oriental gone wrong or cheap, but not a good comparison there are good smelling cheap orientals. I couldn't place it for a while but finally hit the nail on the head. It smells like an incense stick plain old $1 incense from a dollar store. This is not a long period of time, an hour or two maybe you're not getting much of that sweeater Drakkar/Caesar's opening for your money (granted it isn't much money). This incense stick presence lasts for hours and hours, and projects madly if its hot out, or stays almost unnoticed if its cool. My friend wears this from time to time and we always make fun of its tagline calling it "Conquesto El Stinko". It smells OK if you smell it yourself or out of the bottle, but on someone else you're constantly thinking what awful cologne. Ever so often you'll catch a whiff and thing "that is just awful colgone you're wearing). It is that bad. He did however get complimented on it at a store from a clerk, and my wife doesn't dislike it, so perhaps the ladies like it more? It isn't worth the torture you endure suffering through it. I wore it today and am on maybe hour 12, at which according to the box it should be going strong. Smells the same at this point as if I wore their cheapo BOD Man 24K spray, a skin scent that is only dry and woody by that point, almost overly dry, I'd not consider it attractive at this point, but bland, tossed into the myriad of cheap woody drydowns of cheap sub $10 colognes.

The progression goes something like this, sweet Drakkar/Caesar's Man, Incense, dry woody. There are better, more refined smelling fragrances that have plenty of incense if you like it even on the cheap end, if you wanted something sweeter with some incense, get Elizabeth Taylor's Passions for Men it is only a bit more and is much more tolerable and has a much more pleasant impresson. This stuff earned our take on its tag line, "Conquisto El Stinko", for good reason.

01st August, 2011

The_Cologneist's avatar

I am completely revising my review, and going from what I once considered a near 4 star cheapy, to about 2 stars.

Let's get into it. King basically smells like 2 things combined, and this time.. it's not Drakkar Noir and Giorgio. It's corned beef and hair. When I say hair, ya know when ya go to the salon, and there's that smell of fresh cut hair radiating in the air. THAT smell. You feel weird smelling it, but are intrigued and don't mind it. Sort of like gasoline, only not nearly as good.

King is one part fresh cut hair, one part corned beef. It kinda smells like farts too.. So why is my rating neutral? Well, as it dries, it's not nearly as bad, nor is it from a distance. It's somewhat interesting, but not very wearable. Somehow I've managed to use over 60% of my 1.5 oz bottle. <vomits>

02nd November, 2010 (Last Edited: 28th December, 2010)

Jackisblack's avatar

Ok, let me start by saying...that I HATE drakkar noir with a passion...like really...This reminded me of drakkar noir, BUT...BUT it smells like what drakkar noir SHOULD have been. very soapy, intense citrus, cedar...these are the notes I get from it. They really should rename this draught of the living dead as this scent is so strong it could revive the dead. Longevity and Sillage are superb...about 10 hours of total longevity, 5-6 of which it projects well. Definitely not something I will buy because it is SO strong, but I could see myself wearing it when I'm middle aged definitely. If you like drakkar noir (not sure how anyone would lol) then you will like this and will find it much more cost efficient; about $10.00? Thumbs up for improving a so called "classic" and for being much cheaper. Oh, I also like the name and the bottle. Props.

12th October, 2009

40ish's avatar

This soapy scent would get a sideways thumb, but since it doesn't live up to its longevity claim(~15 hours), it gets the down thumb.

31st October, 2008

Add your review of King

Search for on eBay United States

KING* by PARFUMS DE COEUR Exceptional Cologne Spray .5 oz FOR MEN (Boxed)
    • Time Left: 22 days