Acqua Santa / Holy Water
    by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 22 ratings

Acqua Santa / Holy Water information

Acqua Santa / Holy Water is a unisex fragrance by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo.

Reviews of Acqua Santa / Holy Water

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 9 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Yes, Acqua Santa is simply divine, one of the best aqueous/hesperidic and dusty frankincense renditions of the olfactory panorama, a totally natural aroma absolutely "ambiental", eucharistic, averagely fresh yet at the same time comforting, somehow silent and sinister with its "ascetic" accord of spicy citrus oil, rose, aromatic odours and frankincense. The latter (with its Eau d'Italie's vague conjurations) is immediately detectable in its rosey oily and spicy fluidity, so aqueous and sharp, so shadowy and meditative. I detect by soon bergamot, orange blossoms, may be oregano, probably pepper immediately followed by nutmeg and sharp floral notes all diluted in a tea-like immediately notable liquid frankincense over a dry woody base. Simply impeccable and with a sheer liturgic woody/lemony final undertone.

18 May, 2014 (Last Edited: 27 May, 2014)

ToddHuyett's avatar

Good but not for me

While I give this 5 stars, it's really not for me. It was different in the tester vial, and perhaps this is due to the fact that I was using smaller amounts when testing it. Anyway, it's just a bit too much orange for me. I have consequently decided to sell my bottle.

Pros: lasts longer than people think
    Cons: too much orange for me"

07 August, 2013

hoschhti's avatar

Germany Germany

Divine!

A joyful and friendly, 100% natural perfume in an EDC-style. Superb quality and blended to perfection. Weak longevity is the only downside.

Pros: Scent
    Cons: Longevity"

19 July, 2013

flathorn's avatar

I wish I smelled what everyone so far has. It sounds divine. But on my skin the faded orange note dominated and I've never really cared for the aging citrus smell - it makes the incensy frankincense a little abrasive. As it dries down, instead of a wonderful woody deepness it wafts a vaguely irritating spiciness. I tried it twice with the same results, so have concluded the chemistry isn't working.

14 May, 2013 (Last Edited: 05 December, 2013)

Buzzlepuff's avatar

From Abdes Salam Attar website it is said of Holy Water / Acqua Santa "Made from substances held sacred in Western and Oriental mystics (sandalwood, incense, rose) this is a perfume that opens up the heart to angelical realities and fosters the return to one's own interior dimension. I take this statement to be very genuine and literal. Everything about the fragrance is uplifting and has a spiritual weight about it.

The cologne opens and smells in structure like an eau de cologne except for the immediately noticeable lowered tonal register of the frankincense. Frankincense is the dominant character and imparts a hallowed, low chanting, vibrational feel to the scent. The airy uplift of a slight rose is a bit of purity in the opening and I am guessing it to be enhanced with bitter orange blossom and/or orange flower? It is a challenge to guess the ingredients but I do so only to help describe the wonderful nuances of warmth and uplifting quality of this Holy Water. The frankincense smells lemony and mellow and has the slightest touch of grittier wood that I would imagine to be mastic or nutmeg oil in slight measure. The soft finely tuned grains of sandalwood contribute to a wood base that lingers on in refined and mellow tones for a few hours after applying. Lasts about 4 hours mostly as a subtle presence on the skin.

Befitting its name, Acqua Santa smells of integrity and purity of intention throughout its brief but passionate performance. I give it a thumbs up recommendation as a balm for he who searches for righteousness and asks for a gentle, innocent presence as a guide and companion.

01st December, 2012

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

A delightful EDC-styled fragrance which cleverly balances the tartness of citrus oils and the aridity of frankincense resins with a subtle watery floral element. Beautiful as a sunset and equally shortlived, this is probably the only fragrance I would buy in huge flacons. Spray at will and rejoice!

10th May, 2011