Acqua Santa / Holy Water
    by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Reviews of Acqua Santa / Holy Water

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

ToddHuyett's avatar
    ToddHuyett

Good but not for me

While I give this 5 stars, it's really not for me. It was different in the tester vial, and perhaps this is due to the fact that I was using smaller amounts when testing it. Anyway, it's just a bit too much orange for me. I have consequently decided to sell my bottle.

Pros: lasts longer than people think
    Cons: too much orange for me"

07 August, 2013

hoschhti's avatar
    hoschhti
    Germany Germany

Divine!

A joyful and friendly, 100% natural perfume in an EDC-style. Superb quality and blended to perfection. Weak longevity is the only downside.

Pros: Scent
    Cons: Longevity"

19 July, 2013

flathorn's avatar
    flathorn

I wish I smelled what everyone so far has. It sounds divine. But on my skin the faded orange note dominated and I've never really cared for the aging citrus smell - it makes the incensy frankincense a little abrasive. As it dries down, instead of a wonderful woody deepness it wafts a vaguely irritating spiciness. I tried it twice with the same results, so have concluded the chemistry isn't working.

14 May, 2013 (Last Edited: 05 December, 2013)

Buzzlepuff's avatar
    Buzzlepuff

From Abdes Salam Attar website it is said of Holy Water / Acqua Santa "Made from substances held sacred in Western and Oriental mystics (sandalwood, incense, rose) this is a perfume that opens up the heart to angelical realities and fosters the return to one's own interior dimension. I take this statement to be very genuine and literal. Everything about the fragrance is uplifting and has a spiritual weight about it.

The cologne opens and smells in structure like an eau de cologne except for the immediately noticeable lowered tonal register of the frankincense. Frankincense is the dominant character and imparts a hallowed, low chanting, vibrational feel to the scent. The airy uplift of a slight rose is a bit of purity in the opening and I am guessing it to be enhanced with bitter orange blossom and/or orange flower? It is a challenge to guess the ingredients but I do so only to help describe the wonderful nuances of warmth and uplifting quality of this Holy Water. The frankincense smells lemony and mellow and has the slightest touch of grittier wood that I would imagine to be mastic or nutmeg oil in slight measure. The soft finely tuned grains of sandalwood contribute to a wood base that lingers on in refined and mellow tones for a few hours after applying. Lasts about 4 hours mostly as a subtle presence on the skin.

Befitting its name, Acqua Santa smells of integrity and purity of intention throughout its brief but passionate performance. I give it a thumbs up recommendation as a balm for he who searches for righteousness and asks for a gentle, innocent presence as a guide and companion.

01st December, 2012

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

A delightful EDC-styled fragrance which cleverly balances the tartness of citrus oils and the aridity of frankincense resins with a subtle watery floral element. Beautiful as a sunset and equally shortlived, this is probably the only fragrance I would buy in huge flacons. Spray at will and rejoice!

10th May, 2011

Sugandaraja's avatar
    Sugandaraja

A charming take on the cologne genre. Here the typical bright, pleasing neroli of these accords is paired with frankincense and a subtle touch of herbs. The balance of sweet, tart, and resinous is all perfectly in balance.

As with most of the genre, the sillage is briefly loud, then quiet, then gone, and the longevity correspondingly ephemeral. This in no way reduces it's charm if you, as I do, think of colognes such as this as brief little refreshments, rather than all-day fragrances.

31st January, 2010