Indu Kush / Hindu Kush

Indu Kush / Hindu Kush information

HouseAbdesSalaam Attar Profumo
PerfumerDominique Dubrana

About Indu Kush / Hindu Kush

Indu Kush / Hindu Kush is a shared / unisex perfume by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo. The fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Dubrana

Reviews of Indu Kush / Hindu Kush

A blast of pines and hesperidic notes in the opening, fresh and balsamic at the same time as only terpenes could be. This forest on the slopes of Hindu Kush is sun kissed- though high and, hence, cool-rather than misty or shady. The resins glisten and melt into a perfect blend of spices- none particularly prominent but all together conveying a green, peppery, resinous feel.
Under this coniferous top a thick, cooler bed of moss lies, slightly bitter, reinforced with a dark, earthy patchouli. The heart and base of HK play around a rich incense note that stands out among the signature resins blend of AbdesSalaam Attar fragrances.
A superb fragrance, rather simple in its composition yet rich, complex and profoundly meditative. One of the best scents on the forest theme, in my opinion, definitely one of the most beloved in my own wardrobe. Totally unisex, with good projection and lasting power.
03rd October, 2014
Hindu Kush, namely a bit Coze 02, an "hint" chypre classicism, a "touch" Profumum Arso and a tad Cuoio Tartaro and Muschio di Quercia, is a mystical and mossy-luxurious Dubrana's performance surrounded by resinous patterns, rich spices, earthy nuances and oriental elements. I detect by soon sweet spices, ginger and pepper in notable amount in a while joined by barely resinous mild frankincense, oily hesperides, seasoned woods and smoky oakmoss. There is a really musky/grassy aura all around but the aroma is basically musky/animalic, spicy/resinous, smokey, earthy and mossy (in a classically chypre spicy-rooty way). Probably cloves and nutmeg are included in the blend while the note of incense is smokey and possibly rounded by sweet spices, musks, a whiff of balsams and hints of tobacco. The more the aroma evolves the more a sort of musky greenness appears with minimal hints of grass, resins (mild and perfumed), leather and camphor. The pepper (as joined by prickly spices - saffron, cumin?) is in my opinion dominant till the end. Probably a minimal hint of vetiver and amber is appointed along the base. The note of dry frankincense is magistrally appointed. I see the association with the experience of taking a walk in an indian market with the aroma of spices merging with the incensey smoke exhaling by the open doors of temples. Anyway Indu Kush is basically the aroma of the untouched high mountain (green, cool, somewhere steamy), fierce and appalling but is at once able to perform a final (completely opposite and highly "civilized") sort of baroque/decadent high class vibe. Another spicy/carnal performance by Monsieur Dominique Dubrana.
15th May, 2014 (last edited: 28th April, 2015)
"Hindu Kush" is one of the most aptly named perfumes I have ever come across. It smells exactly like the Hindu Kush-mountains look like: Very sparse, stony, airy and cold, with some woods underneath the mountains. I can even smell the wind blowing! There is just a little coziness in it, like sitting by a small campfire and trying to catch at least a little bit of warmth. Together with the somewhat mysterious "Mecca Balsam" is this my favourite perfume that I have sampled from the "Scents of the Soul"-line. Whereas "Mecca Balsam" is warm, uplifting and inviting, an indoor kind of smell, "Hindu Kush" is more grounded, rough and cold, an outdoor kind of smell, and I must admit that it's not always easy to wear 'cause it's so austere. Although the both perfumes are totally different, they share a certain quality that is able to put me in a meditative state of mind. Awesome stuff!
25th September, 2012 (last edited: 10th March, 2013)
Funny how I could smell the deep green mossy undertones within minutes of application. Beyond the aromatic spices and uplifting incense, HINDU KUSH shows surprising depth, with beguiling balsamic facets that put me in a meditative, even contemplative mood. Luca Turin hit the nail on the head when he described it as 'resinous oakmoss'.
27th July, 2011
Soothing, spiritual and uplifting.

My favorite fragrances have resinous woods and incense, and I'm loving this. 5 stars, full bottle worthy.

Others here are better at describing the notes as I'm new so I'll just comment experience wearing this - because wearing this is: an experience. It's the kind of scent I reach for when I'm in meditative or contemplative mood, or for when I want to feel calm and grounded. I have a little collection of calming resinous scents and this so far is my favorite go to of the bunch.

I've sample about 10 from this "house" and this and Hindu Kush so far are my favorite.
14th March, 2011 (last edited: 07th September, 2011)
This is the sort of fragrance that makes me think: "Ah! There you are." It revives memories of a time hen I wore patchoulis, musks, and sandalwoods, and when everyone burned incense. Yet it does not have that thick, earnest, linear, "head-shop" character.

The beauty of Hindu Kush for me is how it manages to be rich but dry, dry but cozy, cozy but airy, airy but assertive, assertive but graceful. As a result, it warms in the winter and cools in the summer.

The weather is very hot and humid now. A dry scent is just the ticket. Often the fragrances associated with summer (green and aquatic scents, especially) can be actually quite syrupy, and a bit clumsy. Not Hindu Kush. It defies gravity.
19th August, 2009

Add your review of Indu Kush / Hindu Kush

Shop for Indu Kush / Hindu Kush products online

Search Amazon for Indu Kush / Hindu Kush

Member images of Indu Kush / Hindu Kush

There are no member images of Indu Kush / Hindu Kush yet. Why not be the first?