Indu Kush / Hindu Kush
    by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Average Rating: 4

Based on 34 ratings

Indu Kush / Hindu Kush information

Indu Kush / Hindu Kush is a unisex fragrance by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo.

Reviews of Indu Kush / Hindu Kush

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Hindu Kush, a bit Coze 02 and a tad Cuoio Tartaro, is a mystical and mossy Dubrana's performance surrounded by resinous patterns, rich spices and oriental elements. I detect by soon sweet spices, ginger and pepper in notable amount in a while joined by barely resinous mild frankincense, seasoned woods and smoky oakmoss. There is a really musky/grassy aura all around but the aroma is basically musky/animalic, spicy/resinous, smokey and mossy. Probably cloves and nutmeg are included in the blend while the note of incense is smokey and possibly rounded by sweet spices, musks, a whiff of balsams and hints of tobacco. The more the aroma evolves the more a sort of musky greeness appears with minimal hints of grass and camphor. The pepper (as joined by prickly spices - saffron, cumin?) is in my opinion dominant till the end. Probably a minimal hint of vetiver and amber is appointed along the base. The note of dry frankincense is magistrally appointed. I see the association with the experience of taking a walk in an indian market with the aroma of spices merging with the incensey smoke exhaling by the open doors of temples. Another spicy/carnal performance by Monsieur Dominique Dubrana.

15 May, 2014 (Last Edited: 08 July, 2014)

hoschhti's avatar

Germany Germany

"Hindu Kush" is one of the most aptly named perfumes I have ever come across. It smells exactly like the Hindu Kush-mountains look like: Very sparse, stony, airy and cold, with some woods underneath the mountains. I can even smell the wind blowing! There is just a little coziness in it, like sitting by a small campfire and trying to catch at least a little bit of warmth. Together with the somewhat mysterious "Mecca Balsam" is this my favourite perfume that I have sampled from the "Scents of the Soul"-line. Whereas "Mecca Balsam" is warm, uplifting and inviting, an indoor kind of smell, "Hindu Kush" is more grounded, rough and cold, an outdoor kind of smell, and I must admit that it's not always easy to wear 'cause it's so austere. Although the both perfumes are totally different, they share a certain quality that is able to put me in a meditative state of mind. Awesome stuff!

25 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 10th March, 2013)

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Funny how I could smell the deep green mossy undertones within minutes of application. Beyond the aromatic spices and uplifting incense, HINDU KUSH shows surprising depth, with beguiling balsamic facets that put me in a meditative, even contemplative mood. Luca Turin hit the nail on the head when he described it as 'resinous oakmoss'.

27 July, 2011

firehorse's avatar

Soothing, spiritual and uplifting.

My favorite fragrances have resinous woods and incense, and I'm loving this. 5 stars, full bottle worthy.

Others here are better at describing the notes as I'm new so I'll just comment experience wearing this - because wearing this is: an experience. It's the kind of scent I reach for when I'm in meditative or contemplative mood, or for when I want to feel calm and grounded. I have a little collection of calming resinous scents and this so far is my favorite go to of the bunch.

I've sample about 10 from this "house" and this and Hindu Kush so far are my favorite.

14 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 September, 2011)

Nostalgie's avatar

This is the sort of fragrance that makes me think: "Ah! There you are." It revives memories of a time hen I wore patchoulis, musks, and sandalwoods, and when everyone burned incense. Yet it does not have that thick, earnest, linear, "head-shop" character.

The beauty of Hindu Kush for me is how it manages to be rich but dry, dry but cozy, cozy but airy, airy but assertive, assertive but graceful. As a result, it warms in the winter and cools in the summer.

The weather is very hot and humid now. A dry scent is just the ticket. Often the fragrances associated with summer (green and aquatic scents, especially) can be actually quite syrupy, and a bit clumsy. Not Hindu Kush. It defies gravity.

19 August, 2009

purplebird7's avatar

Hindu Kush is an appealing spicy Oriental fragrance and an all-natural frankincense perfume that anyone who likes incense ought to love. It starts with a conglomoration of exotic spices, both pungent and sweet, each appearing quickly at different intervals. The incense is high-quality and rich. At the base is a thick, deep labdanum--a dark amber--smelling of wood and, in combination with the spices, a bit smoky with subtle, maple nuances. Altogether, it creates a mystical, adventurous, rather sexy fragrance.

21st March, 2009