Love in Black (2008)

Parent CompanyCreed

About Love in Black

Love in Black is a feminine perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Love in Black

This is one of the better Creed offerings I've tried. Lovely floral with lots of violet and iris. It has just a touch of cedar and musk, unlike most others I've tried where there is just too much cedar for my taste. It's a bit short-lived, on my skin. It is nice, while it lasts.
05th August, 2018
I love this! Don't let the haters deter you!
Yes, it's strong, it's linear, it's violet. If that's what you're looking for, you have come to the right place. If not, then of course it will disgust you.
I have memories of trying out violet essential oil as a pre-teen, wanting something special and unusual, but it was too strong. I wish I had this then... but I've got it now.
It surrounds me as I drift into a violet-scented sleep. It's great during the heat or during the cold. It makes me feel strong.
Rock on, violet lovers!
07th October, 2017
I am not a fan of Creed perfumes. Even though they smell lovely, they are not complex enough for my taste or their price.
However, Love in Black is a beautiful perfume. For me, this fragrance is all about the violets (which I LOVE). I can smell them from the very beginning till the end (it lasts around 12 hours) on my skin. Violet here is just gorgeous. I can detect some black currant, and it uplifts the fragrance in a fresh and just a bit sour way that goes well with the rest of composition. In this perfume Iris doesn't smell like a baby powder (that's what I usually get with iris) but a lovely, kind of weird combination of bread dough and gentle, sweet powdery note that complements the violet note very well. I can't detect any cloves on my skin. In a dry down, I get a nice woody musk and violets. This perfume projects well for the first hour or two and goes into moderate sillage for much more hours.
01st December, 2016
I really like Love In Black. I think critics tend to pan it and perfumistas ignore it because it's Creed, but I believe it's a really fine perfume. Oh, and Frederick Malle has named it as a favorite, so that should earn it some amount of snob credibility...

In terms of smell, it comes on strong with nuclear but not-too-sweet violets colored with rose and cassis, which hover over a rich mix of suede and iris with sandalwood in the background, ending up as slightly funky soap. It's essentially a classic Cuir De Russie smell of violets over leather, but smoothed out and made quite beautiful by the iris. Seriously, that suede and iris with hints of rose and woods and subtle spices and musks with the heady violets on top are exceptionally well done - it's a glorious drydown that most perfumers should be jealous of.

I can understand the criticisms out there - it's loud in a very chemical way, but I find it that to be in balance because it's also very rich in the style of a classic extrait. It does scream "violets" at the top of its lungs, yet I don't find it anywhere near as "shrieky" as most violet perfumes. I honestly believe this is one of the best from Creed, certainly the best of their newer, non-classic scents.
09th November, 2015
Genre: Floral

I'd like to describe Love in Black in detail, but there's no detail to describe. This is simply a crushingly potent, chemical, woody violet and iris accord, lent extra destructive power by an overdose of the most fiercely abrasive aldehydes imaginable. I have trouble sharing a room with this scent, much less wearing it.

That a scent as crude and unpleasant as Love in Black should be linear and last forever is a horrible irony. When, after several hours, the violet accord descends from excruciating to merely distracting, it reveals an equally piercing fruity rose base note, which in hindsight I realize had been adding an extra layer of subliminal torture all along. People who hate perfume cite scents like Love in Black as evidence of all that's wrong with wearing personal fragrance in public.

Mommy, make it go away!
19th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
It starts off in a strangely pungent-synthetic way, but after about ten minutes a darkly violet develops, that later is sweetened by iris and a hint of rose. Although, apart from a touch of berry at times, this scent is clearly composed as a brooding floral composition, it does not develop convincingly on my skin. Longevity is about two to three hours.
31st January, 2013

CREED LOVE IN BLACK EAU DE PARFUM 75ML / 2.5 OZ NIB

$85.00 (1 Bid)
End Date: Sunday Dec-16-2018 13:11:02 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Creed Love In Black Shower Gel Hair And Body Wash by Creed 200 ml / 6.8 oz - NIB

End Date: Sunday Dec-16-2018 13:35:36 PST

Women Type Premium Perfume Fragrance Body oil Roll On / Roller Ball 1/3 oz

End Date: Monday Dec-17-2018 10:16:03 PST
Buy It Now for only: $6.99

Member images of Love in Black

There are no member images of Love in Black yet. Why not be the first?