Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather (2008)
by Heeley

Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather information

Year of Launch2008

About Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather

Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather is a shared / unisex perfume by Heeley. The scent was launched in 2008

Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather

This is interesting, but ultimately didn't win me over. In terms of smell, it would be hard for me to describe it better than previous reviews, so I'll just say that this is a complicated mix that starts off with violets and fennel, passes through a violet leaf and iris stage, before ending up at mentholated iris and vetiver.

It's complicated and, at face value, a well crafted perfume, but it just hasn't made me fall in love. For one, it has a carefully designed coolness, an icy green quality that engulfs the scent. This iced feeling effectively shaves off the rough edginess I'd expect from a leather scent. As a result, it's got an insistent aloofness which is intellectually interesting, but ultimately not endearing to me. Is it possible for a perfume to be disdainful? Perhaps this is a leather scent for people who don't like leathers, or a cool violet leaf scent for people who don't like that sort of thing, but whatever it is, I like it more in theory than in practice.
04th November, 2015
Nicely done! This leather is for folks who don't want the strong harsh leather. I might end up getting a decant of this. The supporting cast of notes make this an interesting fragrance. The rose and vetiver notes really makes this one that you may want to get your hands on. I believe this leather one can be worn in warm weather because of the vetiver. This is coming from someone who is not the biggest fan of leather fragrance. 8/10
06th October, 2015
I've fallen hard for this, all the more so because I didn't get it the first time I smelled it, on card. Then I got a sample when I bought Iris de Nuit and it's gorgeous. It starts off with a subtle leather, hay and flowers, never crude or sweet. It's natural enough to wear at home and sophisticated enough for a conservative office. The really clever trick is the soapy note which appears deep into the drydown; not a crude aldehydic soap (and never just soap) but an expensive and beautiful leather one. So the scent gets progressively fresher and cleaner on your arm as the office day wears on. Definitely worth a bottle.
05th October, 2015 (last edited: 15th October, 2015)
leather but not raunchy dark stuff, more a light feminine leather with bright florals, low sillage, good duration... for me a full bottle disappointment!
15th January, 2015
This is a palimpsest of a scent; several genres and styles overlaid on top of each other. There’s an anisic herbal aspect, a strong hay note, a polite leather, and a glowing, neon-violet forcefield effect that buzzes and flickers around the scent from start to finish. CPF builds an encompassing aura, but one that’s well ventilated—impressively so. Associations are formed in my mind to Santal 33 (the dill), Iris Ukele (the “purple”), and even aspects of Bel Respiro (crispness)—but these (the latter especially) are incidental connections that stem from the fact that the scent has so much going on with it. But I also draw connections to chalky violet candies—a sweet, fuzzy kind of quality that seems almost effervescent.

This stuff is truly genre-bending and strange, but it’s somehow cohesive, palpable, and perhaps even a tad too polite. I think I'd be hard pressed to suggest it as a leather-centric perfume, and I’m not sure that I'd wear it often myself, but it’s definitely one that deserves some attention. I respect it more than I like it.
23rd November, 2014
Unifex Show all reviews
I have been on a violet quest of sorts, and CPF was on my list to try.

It starts with a burst of violets and lilies, which smell fantastic. A green, stemmy note appears which persists into the drydown and base. I can barely detect any leather, or any of the other notes listed. There is an occasional whiff of hay and vetiver, but the overall impression is one of a mixed floral and green note.

This melange does last, at least 4-6 hours, but remains extremely close to the skin. It is pleasurable to catch a whiff of this in passing but the effect lacks enough depth to be satisfying. It comes across as a very personal scent, for the wearer only. I really liked this concept but wanted more, namely a better appreciation of the other notes. It is for this reason alone I cannot justify the cost of a bottle.

The sillage and softness wouldn't bother me if I could just smell more of what was listed in the pyramid. A shame. Looking at the other reviews it is apparent that these notes are there for the lucky few. I envy them that.
26th June, 2014

Add your review of Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather

Shop for Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather products online

Shop for Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather

Member images of Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather

There are no member images of Cuir Pleine Fleur / Fine Leather yet. Why not be the first?