Aod

Aod information

HouseLostmarc'h
PerfumerAmelie Bourgeois

About Aod

Aod is a shared / unisex perfume by Lostmarc'h. The fragrance was created by perfumer Amelie Bourgeois

Reviews of Aod

Flowery but with a nice hint of talc. That I particularly like.
21st November, 2015
A pretty, delicate, light floral fragrance with soapy white musk at the bottom. On me, this was far more floral than marine. I only found the faintest trace of sea scent, and it had a way of wafting in and out, which gave the charming impression of it being an actual breeze (while smelling in no way, I hasten to add, like that standard Calone-derived "sea breeze" smell). Unlike everyone else, I couldn't detect the coconut in here at all.

This was too pretty and delicate a fragrance for it to suit me personally, but I did find it extremely pleasant. It brought to mind a balmy day spent not (despite the name) at the seashore itself, but perhaps on an airy terrace overlooking the sea, surrounded by tiny wildflowers. It is a subtle scent and not long-lasting. On me, it stayed very close to the skin and faded well before the end of the day.

I found this a somehow soothing fragrance. I can imagine wanting to have this in ones bedroom, to fall asleep to it. There's a hygienic quality to the white musk as well which makes me think that it would be truly lovely as a soap.
08th November, 2015
Genre: Floral

After a few moments’ worth of crudely alcoholic top notes, Lostmarch Aod settles into a very soft, pretty tuberose and orange blossom accord with a soapy green accent and a suggestion of coconut that calls to mind a more reticent version of Dominique Ropion’s great Carnal Flower, done in 2005 for Frédéric Malle.

Aod smells cheaper than Carnal Flower, and so it is. I suppose if you were after a low-budget approximation of the Malle scent Aod would make sense. The only problem is that without the three-dimensional lushness of Carnal Flower’s photorealistic tuberose absolute or the pleasantly acerbic counterpoint of its conspicuously placed galbanum and eucalyptus, Aod winds up smelling an awful lot like suntan lotion – and that’s even cheaper!
08th June, 2014
Incredibly pleasant, envelopping, comforting, pleasing - excellent! The spirit of summer, the sea, an idle day on the beach, a light breeze of wind and sand. Doesn't last very long, though, because it is ultra-sublte, but worth having and the pleasure is immense while it lasts. Great!
8 out of 10 points on my personal scale
08th March, 2011
Strictly by chance this sample ended up on my wrist and if not for the printed fragrance notes, I'd never be able to deconstruct Aod! It is supremely blended and completely fresh as the seaside. It has a soapy character very similar to "E" by Princess Jelisaveta Karadjordjevic - whose perfume creation was assisted by Sophia Grojsman. A unique and wearable take on gardenia! Lian & bbBD have eloquently captured the personality of this scent. I highly recommend sampling this beautiful blend.
16th July, 2009
bbBD Show all reviews
I received a sample of this as an unexpected freebie, and I sprayed some on my hand on the way out the door. Within 30 minutes I forgot what I had applied, but I knew I liked the fragrance, and that it smelled familiar. When I get home I saw the sample, remembering what it was and re-applied for more complete testing.

Aod has absolutely no relation to "Aoud'' (lest anyone be confused). It starts as a lightly sweetened gardenia fragrance with a touch of citrus accompanying the gardenia. The sweetness is vanillic and I sense coconut (?). It starts close to the skin, but actually intensifies in it's heart, at which point the gardenia becomes more prominent. The drydown is just a fading of the gardenia and a lighter, musky vanilla accord. As with Losmarc'h's Lann Ael, it may stay close to the skin but it will last a long time. Lack of sillage is not a lack of quality with Losmarc'h.

The closest point of reference for this fragrance is Profumum Volo AZ 686, another Gardenia/Coconut fragrance, but the Volo AZ is about 1000x louder than Aod.

Great for gardenia fans....and there's nothing wrong with this fragrance (it's just not my thing).

06th January, 2009

Add your review of Aod

Shop for Aod products online

Shop for Aod at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aod

Member images of Aod

There are no member images of Aod yet. Why not be the first?