TBA (2009)
    by Josie Natori

Reviews of TBA

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

cheryl's avatar
    cheryl

This was a sleeper for me. Nice an' all. But I now appreciate Natori. Instead of a fruity musk for teens, it is a musky plum for adult women. It's a subdued woody plum on a very elegant rich base. The aldehydes make it sing and the musk makes it purr. It seems like an excellent accompaniment to lingere..though I wear it in day light hours too to nice effect. Bravo whoever put it together...they've done a pretty darn good job of it. This would make a great gift. I think most women into perfume would like! It is classy elegant but with some depth..and really nothing else is quite like this.

02 September, 2010

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

My initial impression is this is one thick, sweet perfume ! I don't get aldehydes . A lovely silky mish mash of strong florals and ripe plum though the plum doesn't seem to be fore front on me .A wee touch of powder ,lots of amber. This is very floral gourmand to me. Natori makes clothes and ladies' lingerie I believe . It's a plush perfume, soft, rounded ,tenacious and softens after the intiial blow out of sweetness.
    It's not unique enough for me to want a full bottle of but it's good juice.
    I probably love the bottle more than anything in regards to the whole packaging. Tactile, inviting.

11th May, 2010

tamashek's avatar
    tamashek

What a pretty fragrance. Soft, not a punch you in the face at first application type floral. Graceful is a great way of describing it. I could smell the rose and peony. Faded quickly though. It's a scent I'd readily wear if gifted, but not necessarily something I'd rush out to buy since I don't find it overly original.

23 April, 2010

perfumegirl's avatar
    perfumegirl

I had a sample of Natori and fell in love have so far ordered two bottles, it is an amazing fragrance, totally delightful and wonderful

12 October, 2009

Asha's avatar
    Asha

Natori Natori

Notes: aldehydes, rose, plum, ylang-ylang, purple peony, night-blooming jasmine, patchouli, amber and satin musk accord (from Now Smell This)

Milky aldehydes, brandied cherries, rose and amber are the notes that I notice most in Natori. It is a beautifully composed, rich feminine floral with one foot in the classical genre and another in the modern day. Several different fragrances came to mind as I experienced the development. Natori's creamy, aldehydic rose is evocative of YSL Rive Gauche. The boozy aspect and rose-amber drydown reminds me of Chanel Coco's liquored floral heart and spicy sweet finish. The deep drydown is is incredibly enjoyable with something that seems a bit like tart rose-hip preserves and very subtle vanilla powder notes, not unlike By Kilian's Liaisons Dangereuses. The overall effect is reminiscent of Chanel 31 Rue Cambon but without the soured fruit.

There is nothing really innovative about Natori, and it most definitely hits all the right buttons for a modernized take on a traditional fragrance form. I was wondering if I should stop comparing it to other fragrances and simply enjoy it on its own merits. On the other hand, there are days when any of the comparison fragrances I mentioned are not quite right--Rive Gauche may be too dated, Coco too loud, Liaisons Dangereuses too expensive and 31 Rue Cambon a bit off-putting, depending on skin chemistry. In this sense, Natori finds a comfortable intersection of "just right" that makes it an incredibly wearable, delicate but substantial, lovely and feminine fragrance.

20th September, 2009