Ultrared Man (2008)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 54 ratings

Ultrared Man Fragrance Notes

Ultrared Man information

Ultrared Man is a men's fragrance by Paco Rabanne. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Ultrared Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

MrMookie's avatar

Gourmand sex in a bottle

Just bought 2 bottles because if the price drop. (10$ a 1.7 bottle!) and it was on my want list

as im interested in gourmands lately (since my Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin adventure)

As LLAM has this liquorice high pinch here it is in the top by blood orange.

Its fantastic! its simple and its mesmerizing because what I SMELL is what i SEE in the top-mid and basenotes.
    Its plain THAT simple and thats why i like this also.

Starts blood-orange zesty for 2-4 mins. Then evolving in a rapid tempo to a warm vanilla-praline combo! where vannila is in the background coming up and i think the tonka holds its sweetness up.
    Im not sure about the longevity because maybe my dry skin absorbds all these days in winter time.
    The praline is never cloying! its well behaved and never too sweet.

It should named Ultra-Eatable and i think (me disliking Ultraviolet) its a shame this one is sparingly available and almost out of stock.
    I always ignored Ultrared because of the same botte design as Ultraviolet giving me the idea these scents where in the same line but dont understand me wrong! Ultrared is a whole other league (sniffs my arm for the 24th time now and the vaniila is kicking more in but in a slow tempo as if the vannila is together with an army of strawberries)

I think this is gonna be the new Yohji Homme because its rareness in the next 10 years to come.
    Watch my words this one will be spoken all over basenotes and Fragrantica and will be expensive on ebay!
    Ultrared is an Exotic,Erotic and Estatic gourmand not to miss!!
    I call it UltraRE,EandED :-)

Classic,timeless

Another interesting fact : They discontinued this fantastic frag ! even on the official site of Paco Rabanne

this one is wiped out of the history as if this frag never existed! SHAME ON PACO RABANNE!!!

Pros: Deep,sweet, addictive gourmand
    Cons: Why did they discontinued this"

24 August, 2013

's avatar

Powerful and sweet. Yes it smells like Black XS with oranges as said here. If you like sweet fragrances, this is a must have. Unluckly it did not work for my skin... too sweet and cloying.

04 January, 2013

TheBuyer's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Citrus Gourmand. Opens with the blood orange strong and it remains for all scent life, just calms downs as the gourmand notes appears (praline, caramel, vanilla). Its a soft gourmand and the citrus allow you to use it on a summer night, but not the really hot ones. Id pick this to go to a spring night out. It shares Paco Rabanes last launches DNA.

07 February, 2011

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

This scent reminds me greatly of Givenchy Very Irresistible For men + less heavy A*men. In fact, not really a bad scent, but then again not something I'd pursue. I'm not saying this is not worth pursuing in general, though.

03 July, 2010

Kal's avatar

If you have a spot in your collection for a sweet and fruity scent then I'd say this might be able to fill it - regardless of your gender. To my tastes this one is better than the female version, though that one is lovely in it's girly way it's just way too young for me (smells like a sugared bowl of berries). This male one is more complex and even though it gets a few "too synthetic" reviews, I find it quite smooth and pleasant and would buy it if I had a place for it.

The blood orange opening comes off more like tangy strawberries than actual orange and this strawberry does smell more wild than flavoured jelly. The tang calms down on me after about 30 mins with the vanilla and patchouli poking through from then on. The later dry down of just the vanilla and patchouli is quite a lovely blend and while I'm aware that many men like this kind of fragrance, it still smells distinctly feminine to me. The patchouli cuts the sweetness of the vanilla down nicely, just to dirty it up a bit and I believe it's that that makes it longer lasting than it's feminine counterpart. I'm not sure of it's sillage as the only time I've tested it has been in shopping centres where my olafactory judgment is rather impaired by the onslaught of shopping centre smells but the longevity is quite good. It hangs about for at least 8 hours but you have to get close to smell it.

I'm giving this a thumbs up because, even though I wont buy a full bottle, it's very pretty and I totally appreciate it.

The bottle is kinda cute with it's stapler-gun action.

10th May, 2010 (Last Edited: 13 July, 2010)

cheekyhamsta's avatar

Intrigued by the good reviews this fragrance has had on this website, I tried a tester of this in a shop recently. It started off tremendously sweet – nothing wrong with that. However some nauseous note or combination of notes lurking in the background soon came to the fore and remained there indefinitely, reminding me of the unpleasant smell of vinyl seats baking on a very hot day in a 1970s car with the windows closed, and ultimately leading me to revile this scent intensely. I certainly cannot recommend this as a blind buy. In its defence, I would say it has good sillage and its eye-catching packaging is first class. Joop! Go which I have found to be a similar type of fragrance is superior to this in terms of sheer likeability.

21st January, 2010

(Shipping from Singapore)
    ULTRARED MAN PACO RABANNE MEN 1.6/ 1.7 OZ/50 ML EAU DE TOILETTE EDT SPRAY NIB
    • Time Left: 22 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Ultrared By Paco Rabanne Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz 100 ml Unboxed
    • Time Left: 24 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Paco Rabanne ULTRARED MAN EDT 3.4 Fl.Oz/100ml - Vintage - Rare - NEW SEALED BOX!
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now