Molecule 02 (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseEscentric Molecules
PerfumerGeza Schoen

About Molecule 02

Molecule 02 is a shared / unisex perfume by Escentric Molecules. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Geza Schoen

Molecule 02 fragrance notes

Reviews of Molecule 02

rbaker Show all reviews
faint, fizzy woodsy scent, that is airy and on my skin comes and goes. At its best it is pleasant, but at times very difficult to appreciate at all. Overall a bit thin, undistinct but pleasant. Ambroxan at its best, warm but uninspiring and a tad boring.

This is a useful scent for blending, although even then a bit unexciting. I get poor sillage, limited projection but overall four hours of longevity; longer on my clothes. 2.5/5
05th August, 2015
Very Pleasant,

This fragrance is so airy, light, and subtle but don't underestimate it, it's (molecular) structure allows the fragrance to stick around for hours if not days. Its sweet, warm, seductive, and as already mentioned in the description VERY PLEASANT. This scent can be worn literally throughout the entire year. I used this in conjunction with M01 and E03 and enjoy all three blended together. Do not just spray this once or twice, load yourself up anywhere between 4-10 sprays and you will enjoy this fragrance until your next shower. There is something in this fragrance that is extremely attractive and I just cannot put my finger on it. To be completely honest, I find all of the Escentric Molecules to be warm and inviting. I would be confident to say that I don't understand how anyone could be offended by this fragrance. If you are confused and undecided and do not know which EM fragrances to purchase, I highly recommend 1. Molecule 01 2. Molecule 02 3. Escentric 03 (The rest are good but do not cause excited delirium like the aforementioned.)

Pros: King of Ambroxan!
Cons: Hard to smell, confusing"

14th July, 2013
I get a very astringent non-natural smell...perhaps a little wood...
26th January, 2013
If you think you're unable to smell this perfume - don't despair. Spray aplenty on a piece of paper and let it dry, then put it in your pocket or wallet or bag for a few minutes (it seems to smell even stronger when in contact with textile). Then you'll hopefully perceive the scent: A salty aura that's literally mouthwatering. I can't really find any other words to describe it than "salty". The sillage is superb. As strange as it may sound; this scent smells just as strong/strongly when you're one meter away as it does when you're ten centimeters away.

When I wore this the first time I was well aware of that difficult-to-describe-salty scent. Now my nose seem to have adjusted and I only perceive the faintest hint of wood/woods when I sniff my wrists, and it's so soft it's barely a skin scent. That is unfortunate (and sad!) since that salty-like scent is extraordinary. The good thing is - as xiikzodz has mentioned - that this sticks for days to the clothes you wore along with the perfume.

To me this smells like sex - not true to nature-sex and not in a dirty way. Just, well; sexy. VERY sexy.
11th November, 2012
I've put off writing this review in the hope of acquiring a clearer understanding of this fragrance. Unfortunately after repeated attempts I didn't get that much further. MOLECULE 02 has a quiet albeit fizzy cedar-tinged start and settles down into a warm mildly woodsy skin scent. I don't really smell anything in the sillage even when I flail my wrists about in the air.

If I have to describe it in one word it will be: ELUSIVE. Sometimes I appreciate its artistry and enjoy the warm glow it imparts on my skin. At other times, I'm just left frustrated with its somewhat shy and retiring nature. I think I'll pass.
25th May, 2010
If you hang your washing out in some, to me indefinite, tree grove, on a hot day and wait till the evening it will eventually smell the way M02 smells to me. Now imagine that the scent lingers for days on everything it had contact with. If you are unfortunate enough to dislike the scent you will hate it because it just wouldn't go. To me it's a delight.
07th April, 2010

Add your review of Molecule 02

Shop for Molecule 02 products online

Shop for Molecule 02 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Molecule 02

Member images of Molecule 02

There are no member images of Molecule 02 yet. Why not be the first?