Escentric 02 (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseEscentric Molecules
PerfumerGeza Schoen

About Escentric 02

Escentric Molecules say: 'Escentric 02 uses an unparalleled concentration of ambroxan, in combination with vetiver and muscone, a particularly gorgeous nature-identical musk. Orris, elderflower extract and hedione add to the instant effervescence of the topnote.'

Escentric 02 fragrance notes

Reviews of Escentric 02

I now test Escentric Molecules 02 - Ambroxan. (This time, I will summon up as much open-mindedness as I can; 01 - Iso E Super mostly alienated and went over my head...)

Ambroxan, the brand name for ambroxide (grey amber) chemically is C16H28O, very close to Iso E Super's C16H26O. Ambroxide is one component of the luxury substance ambergris. Intial impression is also very, very light and airy, with a formaldehyde-like note hitting me like a comet every few seconds. I do smell a bare modicum of the muscone (artificial musk) which comes across as pretty "wet" and fresh; but barely the hedione (resembles jasmine) - or at least as I usually perceive it.

Am I sniffing it too much, given that the development is so slow and subtle to my perceptions? I put more time between sniffs, and I now I get a scintilla of Iso E Super in there, as well as a tiny dab of dry vetiver. That's all I can I detect from this elusive concoction.

As before, I won't criticize nor condemn the intentions of Escentric Molecules for making 02 - Ambroxan: I simply do not grasp and therefore appreciate what is attempting to be done here. It will NOT be something that I wear on the fly like other scents in my collection; rather, it will reside among my decants as a "to be determined" liquid that I can't really pin down at this present time.

19th August, 2018
I will post this under every EM product, so if you've seen this before stop reading but at least one time note the following: you should buy every Molecule 0X and Escentric 0X and I will tell you why.

The reason (I have found and the usual miles may differ) is that this series is an education in fragrance. Each archetypal component molecule is examined -- start from the Escentric 0 to the X, then go to the equivalent Molecule. You will soon discern the influence of major scent famiies like Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ambroxan, and ISO E Super. You will thereafter learn these very popular notes in other compositions. Graduate-level education in fragrance. You will also learn how these major chemicals interact with your personal skin chemistry.

Do all eight for a true Rosetta Stone of the universe of fragrance, but at least a pair or two, whatever interests you.
26th April, 2018
Blind bought this because I love, and I mean LOVE Molecule 02... I said to myself "alright, I'll get Molecule 02 with a little extra" Oh boy was I wrong...

This is simply horrifying. Total scrubber. There goes my money down the drain... HOW can Molecule 02 be sooooo freaking amazing and Escentric 02 be soooooo damn bad ?! I wonder.
19th December, 2017
Oh, I don't like this at all! Wet cardboard, cold green vegetable water. bleh!
30th October, 2016
Very light with a woody background, very masculine and kinda "fresh" if you get a waft of it in your nose. Longevity is very good but projection is light. As others have said, the scent comes and goes.
14th September, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Ambroxan, muscone and hedione, the product of a chemistry class camouflaging as faint anaemic echoes of ambergris, a light musk and shadows of pseudo-jasmine. Very close to my skin, with poor sillage, faint projection and three forgettable hours of shortevity. Boring...z...z....z...
04th August, 2015

Escentric Molecules - Escentric 02 EDT 5ml 10ml Decant Spray Bottle

• USD $11.99
  • Time Left: 8 days

Member images of Escentric 02

There are no member images of Escentric 02 yet. Why not be the first?