UR for Men (2008)

About UR for Men

UR for Men is a masculine fragrance by Usher. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of UR for Men

bigbz Show all reviews
This is alright. I certainly like it better than the original black bottle Usher frag.

Yeah, it smells kind of cheap and generic. Plus the longevity/projection seems suspect at times. Mostly what I get is kind of a light synthetic fruity opening that quickly morphs into a predominately spicy, woody, aquatic smell with some laundry musk.

However, the one thing that keeps it a bit interesting to my nose is I swear I get MINT in here!(even though it's listed nowhere in the note breakdown) And with the addition of that note, it makes it a bit lighter and more refreshing feel over the dominant spicy/woody smell.

This stuff is dirt cheap and light enough I could never see it offending anyone, unless said person literally bathed in it. I think this could be a good choice as a starter scent for a teen.
12th May, 2016
I don’t get “fruity” or even “woody,” I just get an uninteresting sea water note that would be at home in any bargain-brand shampoo. I don’t dislike this fragrance, but it is boring… and poorly performing. I might possibly have given this a neutral, but this time I decided to join the crowd.
03rd May, 2015
Genre: Woods

The artificial fruit top note belongs in a deodorant stick or a cheap shampoo, not a personal fragrance. Waiting for UR to reveal any further depth or character is either a test of patience or an exercise in futility. If the former, I’ve failed.

All that emerge to accompany the nameless fake fruit are a pale laundry detergent musk, an abrasive – if mercifully mild – woody amber, and a whiff of aquatic aromachemicals. (Must be the “sea breeze.”) UR’s contents combine to faithfully imitate the olfactory experience of washing your hair with the complimentary shampoo at a cheap motel. Superfluous – except perhaps as a last-minute contender for the title of “Worst Thing I’ve Smelled in 2011.”
07th July, 2014 (last edited: 30th July, 2014)
Bottom of the barrel.

When people talk about generic fragrances smelling like shampoo I always thought that was just a figure of speech until I came across Usher. Talking about a cheap smell synthetic mess. There's really nothing more to say than take this and throw it in the garbage.

Pros: None.
Cons: Everything.

22nd May, 2013
The initial and dominant experience of this is not so different from that of a bottle of ocean spray grapefruit juice.

Outside of the grapefruit, the cologne is fairly pleasant, on the warmer and muskier side. It has a definite though subtle nutmeg that is warm and adds to the bitterness of the citrus, and in contrast a little bit of basil. Both of these are left as the more prominent notes as the grapefruit fades.

However, in the end, despite being pleasant, this scent is certainly not very unique or eventful, and smells like too many others.
24th November, 2012
It's a generic aquatic/fresh scent that has nothing new. Projection, lasting power and sillage are weak.
20th November, 2012

Add your review of UR for Men

Shop for UR for Men products online

Shop for UR for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for UR for Men

Member images of UR for Men

There are no member images of UR for Men yet. Why not be the first?