Incense Rosé (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Incense Rosé

Incense Rosé is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Incense Rosé fragrance notes

Reviews of Incense Rosé

Opens with a fascinating, powerful accord that smells like monstrous Coca-Cola - this gourmand-incense aspect is its most interesting phase, and is probably best enjoyed on paper. On my skin after an hour it smells like a watered down L'Air du Desert with a slightly out-of-place incense note.
25th August, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is intriguing, and unlike some Tauer products where the name is more misleading that descriptive, here I get the rose as well and the incense right from the start - and more. A whiff of citrus but mostly a cleverly employed cardamom blend with the two titular components, and all this combines to an intriguing set of top notes.

The rose is a medium bright Damascene that more elegant and discrete than powerfully strong. The incense is also on the restrained side, but intensive enough and rich in nuances. At times orris and castoreum are added in the drydown, whilst in the base a dry cedar notes is paired with it. The incense is not dissimilar to that in other Tauer scents, of high quality, minimally medicinal and here with only very few balsamic undertones.

The performance is good, with moderate sillage, adequate projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

A successful dyad of the ingredients mentioned in the name and permutated in an interesting manner makes a convincing winter scent, which is not intrusive and very wearable at work and for leisure. A good Tauer product. 3.25/5.
07th May, 2016
I like Tauers work in general, and i'm all about incense in perfumery. So this should be a given winner, and maybe that's why i am so disappointed.

There's some incense in there, but for me i mostly get a sour patchouli.

It feels so... shallow, the notes all squeeze together in a single layer. Like a choir of people all making the same sound for a couple of hours. There are different voices, but lacking dynamics and depth.

30th November, 2015
First of all, I have a conflict with this brand, just for some pathetic aspects about it. In other words, I consider that this brand does everything to achieve a broad consensus. The scents often have pathetic names, sometimes even the same names are derived by the ingredients, its political correctness makes this brand super popular, as if the user could think very naturally : “I don't know about you, but I can certainly recognize the feeling!” However I believe that every pathetic characteristics belong to the creator, I think it is a pathological aspect (and consistent) of the brand and of the Nose.
From a technical point of view, I am sure that this is one of the few brands able to make unique scents!
I like the expressive style and the composition too of nearly all its scents.
Incense Rosé is the result of how you can be original with common raw material! A great work, with great love!
If I had to find similarities between Tauer and an artist, I would think immediately to Marc Chagall…
“In our life there is a single color, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love.”
Marc Chagall

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

11th May, 2015
This fragrance is the real deal and IMHO, the reason why niche perfumes & their designers/creators are so special (way beyond commercially prepared & marketed mainstream fragrances). This is a very unique, special & beautiful fragrance. In general, I like this fragrance a whole lot!

I eagerly awaited a rather large sample of Tauer Incense Rose and applied it on a few consecutive days. I did this after (sadly) experiencing a few Montale fragrances. The opening is quite strong and to my nose smelled like fizzy wet earth, dewy grass and citrus. Upon application, I detected lots and lots of bergamot, clementine & orange that was well blended with fresh green grasses (definitely vetiver), earth and a little bit of spice (cardamom).

The opening quickly morphed and the well-blended fresh, dirty-green, citrus fragrance developed into a barely detectable mustiness, which I imagine was the beginning of the oud & cedar notes. Quite resinous, this was not my favorite part of the development; however continually changing, the fragrance continued to amaze.

It takes a while and (for me), it was difficult to detect; however after 45-60 minutes (or more), the musty-woody almost moldy aroma receded into the background giving way to one of the most gorgeous antique, dark, dewy, dirty rose incense fragrances I have ever experienced.

On my skin, the dry-down and basenotes remained pretty constant with wood, patchouli, frankincense, resin and rose notes. The darkness prevailed, which I liked a lot. For several hours, I detected faint but pleasant wafts of creamy & subdued patchouli, frankincense, cedar-wood & spicy dark rose...all perfectly blended and balanced, practically harmonious. Fortunately on my skin, any ambergris or amber that is present never choked out the other fabulous notes.

Unlike many other reviewers, Tauer Incense Rose played very close to my skin with minimal silage. Of course, longevity was great.

Without doubt this is a gorgeous fragrance that is never vulgar or cloying. Not certain yet if this suits me (or my pocket book) but I really do like Tauer Incense Rose a whole lot.

In conclusion, I too will say this is NOT a fragrance that is suitable for everyone! Give it a try because it definitely is worthy!
18th March, 2015
Kaern Show all reviews
A drier more vibrant version of Amouage's Lyric. It reminds me of early Mark Buxton creations -- totally honest and transparent. I prefer the rose amped down as it is here, with the myrrh and incense cranked up.

Tauer's back catalogue really does contain some awesome creations.
13th January, 2015