Incense Rosé (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Incense Rosé

Incense Rosé is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Incense Rosé fragrance notes

Reviews of Incense Rosé

Received a sample. It smells like coke a cola and artificial rose on me. I thought I would love it because I like L' Air du Desert Marocain but it lacks the complexity and the lovely dry down. I'm realizing now why it took me so long to like LADDM. It's that first flash of coke. If you are old enough you may remember the smell of the first Rexall Drug Stores. It was a mix of pharmaceuticals, , the soda fountain and rose scented soaps. On the plus side Incense Rose' does not lead with the pharmaceutical notes as does LADDM!
23rd July, 2018
Opens up heavy on incense paired with a fresh rose. There is something sharp/screeching in the background, maybe synthetic woods. It goes all incense and rose with a woody backbone for about 5 hours when it starts to be a bit sweeter and resin like; it's not that screechy anymore and the myrrh and resins take a central stage while incense still goes strong. After 8 hours, just hoovering above the skin a blend of sweet incense with resinous touches and the synthetic woods which are back. I enjoy the most the middle part, but it doesn't change my final opinion: this is a mediocre scent that overall seems like an initial attempt, almost like a work in progress.
15th May, 2018
I expected to at least like Incense Rose, since I love rose and incense. I find Incense Rose to be a pretty linear and well composed accord of rose, woods and incense. It's engaging and has a good presence; however, there's also something extremely sharp, shrill and abrasive in this that persists throughout. I could be wrong, but it smells like something that comes from the woods or the incense (rather than the rose). It's shrill, sharp attribute is also present, albeit to a much lesser degree, in Thirty-Three, a composition I enjoy. It's too amplified in Incense Rose, and overbears everything else. Additionally, Incense Rose smells not dissimilar to certain varieties of paan and paan masala from the subcontinent. I think Incense Rose has good sillage and duration, but I could have been distracted because of my experience.

Incense Rose is perhaps best suited for those looking for rose with sharp woods and incense. It's dark and hyper dry. More of a beast than a beauty, but then, beauty lies in the nose of the beerholder. Definitely sample first.

16th January, 2018
My first time with a Tauer fragrance. I am very impressed! I will definitely have to try more of Andy's creations.

What a lovely incense-rose scent this is! The top notes of clementine, bergamot, cardamom, and rose are, for lack of a better word - awesome! I get a faint aroma of cola from somewhere, briefly, then it is gone. Maybe from the middle notes?

The base of this, is what really makes me swoon. I mean, they are fairly "common" basenotes: patchouli, cedar, vetiver, incense, resins, myrrh. Somehow they smell more ethereal. More perfect.

The whole thing reminds of the Victorian era. A scent that would be worn by an upper class Lady...
28th November, 2017
Opens with a fascinating, powerful accord that smells like monstrous Coca-Cola - this gourmand-incense aspect is its most interesting phase, and is probably best enjoyed on paper. On my skin after an hour it smells like a watered down L'Air du Desert with a slightly out-of-place incense note.
25th August, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is intriguing, and unlike some Tauer products where the name is more misleading that descriptive, here I get the rose as well and the incense right from the start - and more. A whiff of citrus but mostly a cleverly employed cardamom blend with the two titular components, and all this combines to an intriguing set of top notes.

The rose is a medium bright Damascene that more elegant and discrete than powerfully strong. The incense is also on the restrained side, but intensive enough and rich in nuances. At times orris and castoreum are added in the drydown, whilst in the base a dry cedar notes is paired with it. The incense is not dissimilar to that in other Tauer scents, of high quality, minimally medicinal and here with only very few balsamic undertones.

The performance is good, with moderate sillage, adequate projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

A successful dyad of the ingredients mentioned in the name and permutated in an interesting manner makes a convincing winter scent, which is not intrusive and very wearable at work and for leisure. A good Tauer product. 3.25/5.
07th May, 2016