Incense Extrême (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Incense Extrême

Incense Extrême is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Incense Extrême fragrance notes

Reviews of Incense Extrême

Supremely salty and bone dry incense and woods combo – this is where Fate Man picked up his edge, though he’s a far cuddlier character. The aura of Incense Extreme is contrarily soft seeing that the scent itself is quite martial in its directness: these are woods that have been petrified in a salt desert since the start of time, the incense has a high pickled lemon and dried sweat pitch, there’s not a trace of anything sweet when approached up close. Incense Extreme is bright, diffusive, with that surprising softness hovering over something that is essentially razor sharp. A joy in cold weather.
29th January, 2015
White, futuristic, hopeful, pure and serene.

Incense extreme is based on indian Frankincense, which is a resin i'm not familiar with since all we burn here as middle eastern christian orthodox is somali and omani frankincense.

I was eagerly anticipating to try this, especially since Andy mentions that this scent is a pure interpretation of the indian resin itself.

After giving it two full wearings from a sample, I can safely say that this is my favorite incense scent (along with Bois D'encens which is based on somali frankincense).

Incense extreme is so simplistic yet filled with architectural open spaces.

It even inspired me to write and mingle new melodies on my piano.
22nd March, 2014
This is one of those daring scents guys.
I have smelt different fragrances with incense in it but this one is completely different and very unique.
The opening is a brutal combination of sharp herbal, dry woody and strong spicy notes.
It's dark, herbal, extremely spicy that smell more like black pepper. there is no sweet note here. there are no citruses or floral notes.
This may shock you at first sniff!
It's almost acidic and I know this may be funny, but the opening remind me of the smell of ants! I'm not joking!
I used to play with ants a lot when I was a little kid and I can remember formic acid smell because of touching ants in my hands and this fragrance smell really close to that!
If you don't believe me, go and touch a few ants and smell your hand, then go and smell this fragrance.
It's very interesting smell and I like it but at the same time very different.
It's very linear and only gets smoother as time goes by.
Projection is good (not great) and longevity is around 6 hours on my skin.
It's growing on my and with more wearing it via my sample I'm liking it more.
Definitely not a safe blind buy.
06th February, 2014
A rich, but at the same time really clean and simple, romantic, bright, and uplifting scent. Balsamic incense with a contemporary geometrical feel, fairly close to other modern incenses (e.d. the CdG ones). An animalic ambroxan note comes and goes, perfectly interacting with warmer and more aerial notes. Overall a balsamic take on incense, really powerful and long-lasting, with many points in common with other Tauer's. Soothing drydown.

30th January, 2014 (last edited: 12th April, 2014)
Very architectural. The olfactory equivalent to the Guggenheim in Bilbao.
29th April, 2013 (last edited: 09th May, 2013)
After sampling, I don't get it. Smells like medicine, almost, with absolutely no sense of incense.
26th April, 2013

Add your review of Incense Extrême

Shop for Incense Extrême products online

Search Amazon for Incense Extrême

Member images of Incense Extrême

There are no member images of Incense Extrême yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Incense Extrême