Set Sail South Seas for Men (2008)
    by Tommy Bahama

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 53 ratings

Set Sail South Seas for Men Fragrance Notes

Set Sail South Seas for Men information

Set Sail South Seas for Men is a men's fragrance by Tommy Bahama. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Set Sail South Seas for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

SirScent's avatar

Another "Feel Good" frag from Tommy Bahama.
    I have to state that almost every one of Bahama fragrances are a mood lifter-this being no exception.
    Sparkling Fruits and Rum and all good things.
    Wonderful anytime of year.
    Enjoy!

30th March, 2011

silentrich's avatar

Was expecting something along the lines of St.Barts, but what I got was a really flowery and feminine fragrance. Has a harsh synthetic note that like nails on a chalk board. Very cool, St.Barts, and the original are much more enjoyable.

03 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 22 January, 2013)

jcastano's avatar

I received a .5 oz of this along with a purchase at a local department store. I decided to wear it to work the next day without even tying it on my skin first. As I smelled it on myself, I couldn't quite figure out what this smelled like. All day, it gnawed at the back of my mind and I still could not figure it out! Then, BINGO, it hit me! Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas smells amazingly similar to Dior Homme Sport, however, Dior Homme Sport does a way better job at making their fragrance smell more natural whereas Set Sail South Seas smells more synthetic!

Though I don't see lemon in the note pyramid, I smell it in this and though this is quite a pleasant scent for the price, I'd rather stick with Dior Sport. I'm not a fan of lemon scents to begin with so the synthetic lemon I'm getting does not appeal to me at all. I'd just rather drop $80 for Dior Sport and the natural lemon in it anyday over this! To South Seas credit, I got 10 solid hours and projection is rather good so kudos to this fragrance for that! Other than that, I'm giving it a neutral because it's not a bad scent but there are better lemon scents out there.

04 August, 2010

Sunsetspawn's avatar

It sure is hard not to like this. Set Sail South Seas doesn't really "develop" as a fragrance. It starts as a bitter citrus with some additional floral notes, and eight hours later it's a bitter citrus with some additional floral notes. It definately smells "realistic," for what that's worth; comparable to a grapefruit cocktail. In fact, the scent kind of makes me thirsty. SSSS stands out in its genre.

04 August, 2010

thatsmr2usir's avatar

I picked this up at Marshall's while I was visiting friends in Cleveland! I was at the counter about to purchase a few items when I took one last look over at the mens fragrances & lord behold there was Set Sail South Seas! I over looked it! I searched thru all of there mens offerings & I bypassed this beauty! Needless to say I jumped out of line to grab it before someone else did! This is great! I get well over 6+ hours of longevity! It does not project far but its nice when someone gets close to you & especially for a hug! Not a huge pyramid here & there is no need for one! Beautifully done by Tommy Bahama! This is the only frag house where I actually enjoy every scent they make for men!

28 June, 2010

The_Cologneist's avatar

Another good Tommy Bahama. Better longevity than St. Barts on this one.

South Seas kind of smells like a bowl of fruit loops. Very unique and appealing, this is one of the few fragrances that doesn't offend anyone. In fact, most people (in my wold) admire this.

This doesn't project either.. you have to be fairly close to smell it, St Barts projects a little bit more than this. As it dries down you can really smell the violets and mandarin coming together. The rum is there from the beginning as well.. fairly light, not as powerful as the tequila in St Barts.

There's some type of mystery note/accord in here that's quite intriguing. About 10 minutes after application it really emerges and becomes dominant. It almost smells like immortelle, or some type of maple syrupy rice pudding like accord, then again.. it also kind of smells like cat piss lol. If I had to guess I'd say it's some sort of floral note, a sweeter floral.

Longevity is pretty good on this one, I get a good 8 hours from it on my skin. Great Summer or even Spring fragrance.

28 February, 2010 (Last Edited: 02 June, 2014)

Add your review of Set Sail South Seas for Men