Set Sail South Seas for Men (2008)
by Tommy Bahama

Set Sail South Seas for Men information

Year of Launch2008

HouseTommy Bahama
Parent CompanyGemini Cosmetics

About Set Sail South Seas for Men

Set Sail South Seas for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tommy Bahama. The scent was launched in 2008

Set Sail South Seas for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Set Sail South Seas for Men

I enjoy all of the Tommy Bahama scents I've tried, with the exception of this one. I have grown to hate the bitter citrus note that so many of the citrus scents seem to utilize now. It smells to me like a rotting lemon congealed to the side of a garbage disposal, hung just out of the reach of the blades that would easily shred it to bits if they could. While that's a pretty specific description, it's wholly what I smell with that note; From the rot, to the "dank" quality of air in that environment, to the acrid note of metal shaving against metal. Some people love this bitter citrus note, but it's a supremely foul thing to me. And it's the exact thing that destroys my opinion of fragrances like Bois 1920 Agrumi Amaria di Sicilia, Acqua di Parma's Fico di Amalfi from the Blu Mediterraneo line, and, yes, Tommy Bahama's Set Sail South Seas.

(Btw, I have nearly-full bottles of all three of the aforementioned fragrances and I'm ready to dispactch them on the cheap. Message me if you're interested.)
26th January, 2015
Another "Feel Good" frag from Tommy Bahama.
I have to state that almost every one of Bahama fragrances are a mood lifter-this being no exception.
Sparkling Fruits and Rum and all good things.
Wonderful anytime of year.
Enjoy!
30th March, 2011
Was expecting something along the lines of St.Barts, but what I got was a really flowery and feminine fragrance. Has a harsh synthetic note that like nails on a chalk board. Very cool, St.Barts, and the original are much more enjoyable.
03rd February, 2011 (last edited: 22nd January, 2013)
I received a .5 oz of this along with a purchase at a local department store. I decided to wear it to work the next day without even tying it on my skin first. As I smelled it on myself, I couldn't quite figure out what this smelled like. All day, it gnawed at the back of my mind and I still could not figure it out! Then, BINGO, it hit me! Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas smells amazingly similar to Dior Homme Sport, however, Dior Homme Sport does a way better job at making their fragrance smell more natural whereas Set Sail South Seas smells more synthetic!

Though I don't see lemon in the note pyramid, I smell it in this and though this is quite a pleasant scent for the price, I'd rather stick with Dior Sport. I'm not a fan of lemon scents to begin with so the synthetic lemon I'm getting does not appeal to me at all. I'd just rather drop $80 for Dior Sport and the natural lemon in it anyday over this! To South Seas credit, I got 10 solid hours and projection is rather good so kudos to this fragrance for that! Other than that, I'm giving it a neutral because it's not a bad scent but there are better lemon scents out there.
04th August, 2010
It sure is hard not to like this. Set Sail South Seas doesn't really "develop" as a fragrance. It starts as a bitter citrus with some additional floral notes, and eight hours later it's a bitter citrus with some additional floral notes. It definately smells "realistic," for what that's worth; comparable to a grapefruit cocktail. In fact, the scent kind of makes me thirsty. SSSS stands out in its genre.
04th August, 2010
I picked this up at Marshall's while I was visiting friends in Cleveland! I was at the counter about to purchase a few items when I took one last look over at the mens fragrances & lord behold there was Set Sail South Seas! I over looked it! I searched thru all of there mens offerings & I bypassed this beauty! Needless to say I jumped out of line to grab it before someone else did! This is great! I get well over 6+ hours of longevity! It does not project far but its nice when someone gets close to you & especially for a hug! Not a huge pyramid here & there is no need for one! Beautifully done by Tommy Bahama! This is the only frag house where I actually enjoy every scent they make for men!
28th June, 2010

Add your review of Set Sail South Seas for Men

Shop for Set Sail South Seas for Men products online

Search Amazon for Set Sail South Seas for Men

Member images of Set Sail South Seas for Men

There are no member images of Set Sail South Seas for Men yet. Why not be the first?