Ambre Fétiche (2007)

PerfumerCamille Goutal
PerfumerIsabelle Doyen
Parent CompanyStarwood Capital Group > Taittinger > Louvre Groupe

About Ambre Fétiche

Part of the 'Les Orientalistes' trio alongside, Myrrhe Ardente and Encens Flamboyant.

Reviews of Ambre Fétiche

Salutation.

Absolutely fabulous is excatly how you feel when using this fragrance.AMBRE FETICHE is a scent that says "I have money and I am NOT afraid to spend it!!!" one of the best of ambre scent i've tried it. this fragrance has a touch of earth scents that makes it attractive for women and man. Amazing,Complex,Hot, Sultry, Oriental,Provocative,Smoky and Dangerously Sexy.

Sharp and heavy opening with strong elemnts like incense,vanilla, amber and labdanum over a balanced heart of iris and benzoin while a deep alluring mrriage of leather,vanilla and patchouli emphasize its oriental character and the uniqueness of this addictive fragrance.i adore the dry down as it is really fantastic and remins me OPIUM.

AMBRE FETICHE is one of the rare fragrances that take you back in time to the great depp perfumes of yesterday.It is only for the mature,self asured and impertinent especially a sedustress. one spray is all you need.It is reserved for a snowy night.anyway if you are looking for a wonderful and bold ambre scent, i would recommend this one.

Sillage?Strong.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

7.75/10
01st June, 2015
So strange, but does anyone smell Cheerios? It's the most specific memory-scent I get from this right off the bat.

17th March, 2015
incense, creamy white leather and warm amber with a saltiness..smells a little of petroleum jelly...

love how this one develops...find something warm and comforting about this and cant stop sniffing my own self all through the day.

wore it on a hot day, certainly projected well to my own nose but others commented that its kind of light (huh???)

lasted a long time more than 12+ hours and could smell it a bit even the next day.

smells a little similar to House of Matriarch Blackbird perfume

p.s. at times i do get a hint of iris? maybe my imagination
09th May, 2014
Bold, pungent, gloomy opening with a massive decadent incense feel on dark, opulent, dry amber. A macabre fairytale, the nocturnal side of Annick Goutal - just like in Encens Flamboyant. Weird and almost disturbing animalic notes flounder below like crawling underdogs on a roasted caramel base. Balsamic notes, still heavily smoky and somber. After a while you get the leathers and the dry, earthy accord of patchouli and labdanum, still with a bold and persistent incense note. A nice take on amber, a bit messy perhaps, but still interesting. I just love how Annick Goutal can give you these nocturnal, funereal, gloomy, animalic scents, and at the same time some of the most lovely, springy, delicate, impressionist and oniric scents around (Nuit etoilée, Songes, Mandragore...) - always with her subtle, unexplicable, signature fairy tale feel, which can be, in turn, kind of cozy or kind of scary.

7,5/10
13th April, 2014 (last edited: 17th April, 2014)
Chain smoking in the garage

Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal, just like the name implies, is not for the faint of heart. Maybe I’m influenced by the name, but I’ve tried AF on several times, and it just keeps delivering. At first, AF reminded me of vintage Shalimar minus the citrus with extra leather and incense. Then I picked up the rubber note, which isn’t listed. To me, the rubber is so pervasive, that it makes me wonder if I’m supposed to be picking up the "Russian" leather instead. By the way, what exactly is "Russian" leather accord? Anyway, the incense, leather, and rubber combine to create a garage effect. Yes, AF is a couple of mechanics wearing Shalimar and chain smoking. In other words, AF is a very atmospheric fragrance, like Avignon: it seems to envelope one in a cloud of fragrance that could be originating from the surroundings instead of melding with the skin. (Thankfully, the 15 mL splash bottle is the perfect amount of AF for me and I will probably reach for this during the winter months.)

Final verdict: AF is good, but not one of my go to fragrances. I’ll just stick with Bulgari Black, thank you.

06th July, 2013
ill stay neutral here. i am not amber fun, but this is XXL amber scent, the only question do you like such potent dry and bitter amber- leathery scent?
it opens up sweetk creamy, nice to my nose , then it goes so bitter-dry heart(too much of benzoin) that i hate , the drydown again is more accaptable to me and the scent lasts 3 days at least!, so strong that my mobile phone took over the scent from the blotter! cant imagine how long it would take to use up 50ml bottle!
24th October, 2012