Jasmin Noir (2008)

PerfumerSophie Labbé
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyBulgari

About Jasmin Noir

Jasmin Noir is a feminine perfume by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Sophie Labbé and Carlos Benaim

Jasmin Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Jasmin Noir

This may be my wine background talking here, but I honestly believe that you need to have some everyday bargains in rotation in your wardrobe. Or maybe I'm just bourgeois. Either way--I think it's both gauche and ruinous to pretend that decent fragrance can't be had at lower price tiers. Bulgari has historically been one of the best sources, although the house that gave us Black isn't what she used to be.

Nevertheless, I've really taken to Jasmin Noir. It's a mainstream--but far from stupid--take on something niche perfumers have been doing for a while now--basically, hitching a heart of jasmine to a vanilla base. This pairing usually comes off as jazzy, tropical, and sunny. And despite Bulgari's "noir" characterization, that's essentially what this is, too--a pretty, aromatic perfume that's probably best for daytime or casual evening wear. The opening notes, listed as "gardenia" and "green notes," strike me as considerably sweeter and less dramatic than that--more like honeysuckle, with a little touch of something fresh and sappy. The sambac jasmine at this perfume's heart is also fresh and sweet, with a pleasant gourmand edge that never teeters over into cloying. The drydown includes a good dose of powdery musk, a woodsy dry vanilla, and a hint of black licorice if you *really* look for it.

Cheerful and balanced throughout, Jasmin Noir is an unpretentious little gem. The price of the EdP (45 bucks, give or take, from the discounters) is so affordable, and it's so ubiquitous, that I fear many of us avoid it for fear of its obviousness. That's a shame. Me, I'll be buying bottle of this for myself before it goes away, as good things as wont to do.

It really is a kind of shame that Bulgari stuck this scent with the sinister/sexy come-on of the "NOIR" tag, because more than anything else, this could be what happened if Alien had a wholesome pink-cheeked little sister, who keeps normal hours, who tends healthy plants, and who bakes beautiful treats.
16th May, 2016 (last edited: 21st May, 2016)
Just another house trying to sneak in a version of Hypnotic Poison. Really, though, I find this release to be much more tolerable than most of Bvlgari's, as I feel the great majority are trying so hard to be trandsettingly modern that the firm seems to eschew quality ingredients in favor of low-cost fresh and the result is, more often than not, a sparkling opening leading to a flat fall come the heart notes. JN here is a competent piece of work and is mercifully quieter than most of the other copies in its field, so it would make a good casual or office frag for lovers of almond musks.
25th December, 2015
I can't bring myself to give this a thumbs down, because it's not awful - it's just run-of-the-mill, pleasant in the way that a room deoderizer might be. It's also weak as a kitten, and without any exotic characteristics that would justify its name. It lasts maybe 30 minutes on my skin. This was an impulse purchase at TJMaxx, and thankfully it was inexpensive.
28th November, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Apart from the dominant jasmine gardenia and a nut-based note are evident on my skin. Later on I get mainly vanilla, and apart from the pleasant jasmine none of the other components develop on my skin very convincingly. So it is all right but nothing special, as is the performance with moderate sillage, adequate projection and a longevity of six hours on my skin.

For those Bulgari lovers looking for a spring jasmine scent this may be worth a try. 2/5
03rd July, 2015
Salutation.

Hard to Describe such an Heavenly Scent like JASMIN NOIR! Definitily a Jewel of a Fragrance and My favorire Perfume for a Lady. I feel very Witchy when i smell it. One of those you get so many Compliments both Woman and Man when you walk at a Salon. Mesterpiece,Unique, Classy,Exquisite,Expensive,Amazing, Warm and Ultra Feminine.

It is Excellent for Jasmine&Gardenia Fans. Fantastic Opening and Gardenia is bold. It Perfect Combination with Jasmine in the Heart. Warmth of the base notes Following the Rich Floral Heart and makes it smell Like Class and Style and Gives you Feel Like Royalty.

JASMIN NOIR is New Signature My Mother. I would Highly Recommend this Lovely EDP to Everybody with assurance that you won't be disappointed if you are a Classy Lady with a Golden Heart. Seemly for Every SPECIAL Moments in AUTUMN/WINTER. The bottle is Dramatic and Attractive too.Carlos Benaim is a Adept indeed.

Sillage?Superb.

Longevity?12 Hours on my skin.

GRAZIE BVLGARI!

8.5/10
13th May, 2015
There is no obvious tonka bean on the dry down (or maybe I skipped that part?). But surely there is fake sandalwood.

The jasmin note is fair enough. I know some people complain that it is really faint. Actually it is. But jasmin scent is a head ache induced scent. Even the original jasmin oil (diluted) it already head-ache scent. A little bit too strong of it will slap your head.

21st May, 2014

Add your review of Jasmin Noir

Shop for Jasmin Noir products online

Shop for Jasmin Noir at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jasmin Noir

Member images of Jasmin Noir

There are no member images of Jasmin Noir yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Jasmin Noir