1 Million (2008)

PerfumerOlivier Pescheux
PerfumerMichel Girard
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About 1 Million

1 Million is a masculine fragrance by Paco Rabanne. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Michel Girard, Olivier Pescheux and Christophe Raynaud

1 Million fragrance notes

Reviews of 1 Million

It's not a terrible scent but intensely sweet. I've seen girls trying this on at department stores because they like the way it smells - that tells you everything. Yes, it smells like candy but I have to admit I love the warm, spicy opening. The dry down can be sickening. Let's cut to the chase - we all know what this is for. PR 1 Million is a loud fragrance you put on to get noticed by girls. Although I would never wear this fragrance, it does the job for a night out. It is completely juvenile (can't see any guy over 30 reaching for this) and everyone know this scent because of it's popularity. Most counters will tell you, this is a top seller - what does that say about our taste! I must say, performance is beast mode! Why can't other designer fragrances perform like this? This is EDP+!
28th April, 2016
Honestly, this isn't a terrible scent. I actually quite enjoy the sample I received more. than most of the "complex" or "higher-end" fragrances I own. Yes, it can be synthetic smelling. Yes, it can be very sweet. However, unless you're consistently only hanging out with perfume aficionados, most people aren't going to notice the synthetic side. Also, the cloying scent that a lot of people describe comes from overspraying. One spray of this lasts me a good 10+ hours with excellent projection throughout, and none of my trusted friends have ever mentioned it being too strong or too sweet. As some people have mentioned, I adore the spicy cinnamon citrus opening, and the drydown's sweetness can be ameliorated by wearing it in colder weather. (Not in an 80 degree club or the summer....) All that being said, you do run the risk of smelling like some other people on the street. But really, considering the fact that most people don't wear cologne and that the average person doesn't retain a fragrance in mind unless, say, they have consistent contact with it, (e.g. their SO wears it) the uniqueness warning doesn't really apply for me. All in all, great fragrance suited to a young crowd, (25 and under, any older and it gets juvenile) very attractive, and best suited for chillier weather with minimal sprays.

Cheers!
11th April, 2016 (last edited: 19th April, 2016)
BLUF: Highly synthetic, sweet, potent, busy, cloying. Not a fan.

On my skin One Million is something akin to cinnamon, candy, cheap leather, and even cheaper amber. It really does smell like some sort of over-seasoned, overcooked bubblegum that preteens stick under desks or on school bus seats. So much going on that I have a difficult time picking out individual notes.

I donít hate it, but itís not something that appeals to my senses at this point. It was also one of the difficult scents to remove from my skin that Iíve come across. Pass.
04th March, 2016
So... I just tried this fragrance for the 1st time a couple days ago. I ordered a bottle of Noir de Noir from Sephora and they gave me a couple of 1 Million samples with my purchase. I always avoided this because I knew how popular it was and didn't want to smell like every teenager and club rat in the world.

... So anyways, I tried the samples and my mind was blown. This to me is incredible. I get a lot of cinnamon and orange in the opening, mainly cinnamon. The dry down is a little bit too sweet for me but the opening is to die for and makes up for this minor flaw. This stuff lasts FOREVER on my skin too and projects like a beast. I own a lot of fragrances, and I hate to say this but I was more mesmerized by this than most of my niche fragrances, Including the bangers: Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Millesimal Imperial, Reflection Man, and Jubilation XXV.

I enjoyed this so much that I actually just ordered a bottle a few minutes ago. I know how most people feel about this fragrance, so I probably won't wear it out often. This is going to be the fragrance that's just for me; the one that I put on when Im around the house just for my pleasure.

If you do buy this, you're going to smell like a lot of other people so I hope you don't plan on being unique. This can also come off as sickly sweet if over applied, so be cautious. This may be overly used and hyped to the max, but I really enjoy it. Try it if you haven't already.
22nd January, 2016
bigbz Show all reviews
Even though I don't wear it a ton anymore, I'm still a big fan and consider it a 5 star-modern day masterpiece for me.

So unique smelling when it was released and has beast mode projection and longevity to boot. Amazing scent when worn the "correct" way with a light hand, which is among my top compliment getters.
17th December, 2015
Awful. Smells like cotton candy mixed with fruity pebbles. Loud, sickly sweet, synthetic.
23rd October, 2015