Homage Attar (2008)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 132 ratings

Homage Attar Fragrance notes

Taifi rose, Silver frankincense, Tayyiba attar, Sweet amber, Silver oud, Al andalus attar

Homage Attar information

Homage Attar is a unisex fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Homage Attar

Showing 1 to 6 of 34 reviews.
    positive 29 Positive Reviewsneutral6 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

ClaireV's avatar

Ireland Ireland

I am given to understand that Amouage suffers almost as many issues with batch variations with their attars as Creed. Apparently, the Homage from the original white box varies greatly from the ones in the subsequent red and black boxes, with those later ones even varying from one to the other within the same box color or time series. To be fair, it appears that batch variations are not as much of an issue for people in the Middle East as it is in the West. But it does give rise to the problem of not being able to judge the scent fairly, when after all you don't know which batch you are commenting on. It also makes it heart-breaking for those who have experienced the beauty of the earlier versions and then have it elude them on follow-up bottles.

I am offering this as an explanation as to why I wasn't blown away by Homage. I thought it was pleasant, but far from mind-blowing. Lovers of Homage, put down that pitchfork - after all, you may be the lucky owners of a bit of Homage that happens to be stupendous. Lucky you! I believe you. I believe all of you who say that this is one of the most glorious creations on this good earth. Enjoy your piece of heaven. My sample was nice but just that.

The first half of the scent is dominated by the smell of citrus oils - very pleasant, but not quite what I was expecting. In fact, I couldn't smell anything other than lemon for the first hour. Then slowly, inch by inch, the scent became ever more rosy. But this wasn't the lush, complex rose accord I had been expecting - this was instead a pale, pink rose notable only for its delicacy and faintness. This rose glowed on gently for another two hours, tinged by lemon and an indistinct supporting floral accord, until I could smell it no longer, five hours after first applying. I got no oud and no incense. No smoke, no amber.

Overall, the projection was weak, the scent was very faint, and I never got the complex development that others seem to get. I got two full wearings out of my one precious drop, and my impressions were the same from one wearing to the next. Believe me, I was willing the scent into action, because I wanted to experience the rapture all of you seem to experience with this. But for me, no rapture. Boo hiss.

19 August, 2014

tymanski's avatar

astonishingly good scent. bought it blind and am so pleased it even surpassed my expectations. deep, deep tair rose supported by top notch incense and what seems to be neroli of the highest possible quality. wow!

15 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral/Woods

Aw crap! Itís about as good as everyone says it is. Now Iím liable to have to spend a gazillion bucks to get myself some.

The formula as advertized for Homage sounds simple: rose, oudh, frankincense, and citrus. Yet two of those ingredients, rose and oudh, are at their best so intricately nuanced and profound that they defy analytical description. That Pierre Montale has built an entire line of (mostly) distinct scents around these same two notes hints at the vast scope the rose-oudh pairing offers. Homage does indeed present rose and oudh at their complex and inscrutable best, and the addition of Amouageís justly touted frankincense secrets them off into a realm of olfactory fantasy inhabited exclusively by djinns and ifrits.

Comparison with Montaleís oudh-and-rose scents is inevitable, but nothing that Iíve smelled from Montale comes close to Homage in style. The rose used in Homage is at once spicier and sweeter than Montaleís, with echoes of nutmeg, cardamom, and raspberry liqueur. Amouageís oudh is more rounded and yielding, softer and less medicinal than Montaleís, yet still in possession of that deliciously bitter, saffron-like edge that makes the resin so irresistible to my nose. Homage is heady and enveloping and persistently claims your attention. You donít just wear this fragrance Ė you wallow in it. Such an unapologetically rich, heady fragrance is not for everyone, nor every occasion, yet there is a certain clarity in Homageís structure that may actually render it more wearable for some than the more powdery and animalic Gold (both menís and womenís). At $350 US or so for a 12ml bottle of perfume oil, this isnít going to be a lemming, but I can understand the critical enthusiasm: Homage is worth smelling just for the experience.

16 June, 2014

rum's avatar

Greece Greece

Rarely do I go from hearing about a fragrance -> sample -> full bottle purchase so quickly. And rarely do I review a scent so quickly as well. But this is just no ordinary fragrance.

I got it in the white box formulation in the 12ml size. It just smells heavenly.

The opening is a gorgeous rose note like no other. Nothing smoky or anything else. Just a slick, pure rose that makes you say "aaaahhhhhh" when you breath it in. After the top burns off, it mellows to a slight jasmine note, before drying down to a sandalwood and incense base.

If they did this in 100ml I'd own a gallon of it, but alas 12ml will last me a bit. Just not sure how long. It's an addictive scent for me that makes me want more and more. But don't be fooled, less is more with this one! It's not an EdP or any ordinary perfume. Use it very sparingly and it will last. Don't over apply and it will really shine through!

A classic from none other than probably my favourite house. Definitely a 10/10 for me, but I should probably give some criticism to Amouage for making this only a limited edition.

31st December, 2013

Delicious Scent's avatar

Nope, stay away

To me, this smells like a Terre d'Hermes flanker. I don't like TdH, it smells like orange dish soap to me, this smells like something similiar. All i get is oranges, citrus, and sandalwood. It isn't a disgusting scent by any means, but an Amouage scent shouldn't have to be described as such in the first place. Was expecting something far more unique. I don't get oud, rose, jasmine, or any of the like.

It is simply an average, generic scent you'd find in a department store. I'd give it a 5/10. Sample this one to be sure.

Pros: Non-offensive
    Cons: Average, generic, department store fragrance"

31st July, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar

Rose and Oud. The oud is very high quality, warm and linear. The rose isn't the best I've ever smelled, but OK. For the money, I would wear a good oud oil mixed in a rose scented lotion, or for a more in-your-face smell, Black Aoud by Montale.
    '

11th September, 2012

Add your review of Homage Attar

Search for on eBay United States

AMOUAGE "HOMAGE" ATTAR CPO 6ML DECANT FROM ORIGINAL BOTTLE USA SELLER
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 2 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    amouage homage attar white box version 3ml
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 6 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Amouage Attar HOMAGE 12 ML new sealed box