Homage Attar (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseAmouage
Creative DirectorChristopher Chong

About Homage Attar

Homage Attar is a shared / unisex perfume by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Homage Attar

Homage & Tribute, Tribute & Homage... BAWK!!!

'Bout as close to one another as a hawk to the moon Alice! I must've not been listening close enough though and tried and tried. Homage simply did not let me in.

Yada, Yada, Something about me in a dream being emperor of new clothes, smellin' like green rose and jasmine, and wondering whether I'd appreciate it any more if it were wafting off my queen and not thee.

Oh well, different strokes I guess... and it's entirely probable this old-school wet-shaver is doing it wrong.
27th January, 2019
I utterly expected to swoon over Amouage's Homage. Everything I'd ever read sang its praises to the heavens. Unfortunately, for me the dry down is far less interesting that its soft and beautifully rosy and rounded opening. I would describe this base as being surprisingly crystalline and almost, but not quite "soapy." For me, this lemon and saffron base becomes the focus of the whole thing, and it irritates instead of pleases. I find it slightly thin and somewhat sharp and screechy. (You may now feel free to throw large rocks in my direction.)
27th January, 2019
instant ecstasy...just what I needed...something else to go on my wish list...i get a kaleidoscopic cloud of rose /oud/wood and citrus floating up to my nose...i'm kind of speechless...this is a hard fragrance for me to describe...has everything going for it , exquisite blending and top notch ingredients...it can be pigeon holed as a rose/oud fragrance , but it's one that is in a class of it's own...in a weird sort of way it can also be called a woody/citrus scent with a flavoring of rose...i'm gonna cut it short and sweet here because that's about all I can say...it's hard to put into words the beauty of smelling this....
08th August, 2018
Stardate 20171205:

I had heard a lot about Amouage's attar and since I came to this hobby late, I had missed the boat. They remained mythical unicorns.
Finally I got the opportunity to try them, thanks to wonderful basenoters. And I am not impressed at all.
Tribute is nice but nothing spectacular and Homage is almost a scrubber.
Homage is in same vein as the cheapo attars that you can buy from a local attar shop.
The rose accord is thin and screechy and dominates the top for a while. This accord is very common in cheap attars and I dislike it a lot. This is not the typical rose oud accord. I think it is the "Amber" (blue amber) that is main offender.
With time this mellows out and becomes bearable.
Avoid

05th December, 2017
I am given to understand that Amouage suffers almost as many issues with batch variations with their attars as Creed. Apparently, the Homage from the original white box varies greatly from the ones in the subsequent red and black boxes, with those later ones even varying from one to the other within the same box color or time series. To be fair, it appears that batch variations are not as much of an issue for people in the Middle East as it is in the West. But it does give rise to the problem of not being able to judge the scent fairly, when after all you don't know which batch you are commenting on. It also makes it heart-breaking for those who have experienced the beauty of the earlier versions and then have it elude them on follow-up bottles.

I am offering this as an explanation as to why I wasn't blown away by Homage. I thought it was pleasant, but far from mind-blowing. Lovers of Homage, put down that pitchfork - after all, you may be the lucky owners of a bit of Homage that happens to be stupendous. Lucky you! I believe you. I believe all of you who say that this is one of the most glorious creations on this good earth. Enjoy your piece of heaven. My sample was nice but just that.

The first half of the scent is dominated by the smell of citrus oils - very pleasant, but not quite what I was expecting. In fact, I couldn't smell anything other than lemon for the first hour. Then slowly, inch by inch, the scent became ever more rosy. But this wasn't the lush, complex rose accord I had been expecting - this was instead a pale, pink rose notable only for its delicacy and faintness. This rose glowed on gently for another two hours, tinged by lemon and an indistinct supporting floral accord, until I could smell it no longer, five hours after first applying. I got no oud and no incense. No smoke, no amber.

Overall, the projection was weak, the scent was very faint, and I never got the complex development that others seem to get. I got two full wearings out of my one precious drop, and my impressions were the same from one wearing to the next. Believe me, I was willing the scent into action, because I wanted to experience the rapture all of you seem to experience with this. But for me, no rapture. Boo hiss.
19th August, 2014
astonishingly good scent. bought it blind and am so pleased it even surpassed my expectations. deep, deep tair rose supported by top notch incense and what seems to be neroli of the highest possible quality. wow!
15th July, 2014

Add your review of Homage Attar

Shop for Homage Attar products online

Amouage Attar HOMAGE 6 ML 'D E C A N T'

End Date: Wednesday Feb-27-2019 3:32:16 PST
Buy It Now for only: $174.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Attar HOMAGE 12 ML 'D E C A N T'

End Date: Wednesday Feb-27-2019 3:35:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $319.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Attar HOMAGE 3 ML 'D E C A N T'

End Date: Wednesday Feb-27-2019 20:26:09 PST

Amouage Attar HOMAGE 12 ML, 30 ML new sealed box

End Date: Saturday Mar-2-2019 8:05:56 PST
Buy It Now for only: $419.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Black Box Amouage Attar HOMAGE 6 ML sealed box. CPO.

End Date: Wednesday Mar-6-2019 20:50:33 PST
Buy It Now for only: $229.00

Member images of Homage Attar

There are no member images of Homage Attar yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Homage Attar