Porsche Design Essence (2008)
by Porsche

PerfumerBruno Jovanovic
Parent CompanyShaneel Enterprises Ltd > Designer Parfums
Parent Company at launchGroupe Clarins

About Porsche Design Essence

Porsche Design Essence is a masculine fragrance by Porsche. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Bruno Jovanovic and Anne Flipo

Porsche Design Essence fragrance notes

Reviews of Porsche Design Essence

I've worn this on two work days now. I did not spray too much, afraid to choke out my coworkers and customers. But what I did spray from a sample sprayer was still there six/7 hours later.

Not killer projection but not weak and I should wear this again and a little heavier to detect and analyze the notes.

It smells really nice and is comfortable and had me in a good mood because I felt I made a good decision spraying this on.

With the blueberry it had me thinking of a lighter Gold by Jay Z.
11th July, 2015
The cold, frozen berry-vibe opening is bearable, but then a synthetic concoction becomes evident that is as confused as it is dull. On the base a generic wood is added. Generic with a longevity if four hours - mediocre: this is no Carrera of perfumes.
13th March, 2014
Well, honestly this fragrance was a big surprise for me because I didn't expect something good out of this brand because of the price, but this one is good!
The opening is very fresh fruity scent, followed by a green minty smell and some sweetness in the background.
The fruity scent is very transparent and light with only hint of sweetness.
The green scent that you can smell is more like a fresh herbal minty smell instead of piny!
After a while and in the dry down things started to change.
In the mid you can smell a fresh spicy soapy smell with touch of floral notes and a little more sweetness mixing with these notes. it's OK but it's not as great as the opening.
Now in the base again you have a different scent!
The floral scent is very weak in the background and you can smell a very bright and light woodsy smell with some fresh fruity scent in the background.
I like the base of this fragrance more than other phases.
All and All, a really fresh and pleasant fragrance that smell really good at the opening and base but in the mid smell isn't that great in my opinion.
Both projection and longevity is right in the middle.I think for the price it's a really good choice. specially if you want to give it to someone as a gift!
While they named it as a men fragrance I think a woman can pull this off easily.
In my country the price is around $35 for a 100ml bottle and it's a good price but anything more ....... I don't think so!
27th February, 2014
Very cold and synthetic, it smells like you might expect it to coming out of this bottle. It has a melony fruit vibe mixed with a new car smell, like you drove home in a new car with a carton of cantaloupe with the air-conditioner on. I could do without the sour, plastic smell in the dry down but, overall, not as bad as one might think. The pine at the end smells somewhat natural and gives it some balance. This could've been really boring instead of somewhat interesting, which isn't bad.
31st October, 2013
Your average Automobile cologne

A sample of this came with one of my purchases from a few years ago, and I finally got the courage to test this one out. This is not that bad of a fragrance.

The first thing I noticed was that it was extremely synthetic. It does't bother me personally, but I know that would bother some readers. It was a woodsy floral.

After putting it on, it stayed on my skin for about 3-4 hours, which is a little low. It projected like a beast though. I was in heat however at the time. It garnered quite a few compliments, which was kind of contradictory to what I was imagining would happen. Women would tell me I smelt "nice."

Personally, as a dude though, I usually don't care about synthetic fragrances, but this was a synthetic depth charge. It's not like anyone comes up and tells you that you smell synthetic, but I must admit, I laughed out loud after I first smelt this. I was expecting a "secretions magnifique" response from passerby's. This one gathered compliments quickly and just burnt out just as quick.

Pros: Projection, Compliments
Cons: Longevity, synthetic "

05th October, 2013
shamu1 Show all reviews
When I first tried this, I thought it was one of the worst pieces of shit I'd ever smelled. I gave it another chance, though, and it turns out to be not so terrible.

First off, it's mostly synthetic - no pine or coniferous woody notes anywhere to be smelled here. It's a super generic, boring woody spicy fragrance, like a million others. It's poorly composed, with a million sharp, loud smells flying all around in a pointless maelstrom of harshness.

What saves this from the trash heap is the drydown, which I kind of like. I smell patchouli and incense blended with myrtle, which gives an austere, almost sour smell to the drydown. I actually like the smell, because it's aromatic and warm, and serves as a welcome contrast to the brutal severity of the top and heart stages of the scent.

It's not a terrible fragrance, but I can't help but think of Porsche Essence as a confused mess, and boredom in a bottle.

MY RATING: 5.5/10
21st May, 2012

Add your review of Porsche Design Essence

Shop for Porsche Design Essence products online

Search Amazon for Porsche Design Essence

Member images of Porsche Design Essence

There are no member images of Porsche Design Essence yet. Why not be the first?