Prelude to love ...invitation (2008)
    by By Kilian

Prelude to love ...invitation Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Prelude to love ...invitation

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.
    positive 10 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

A just-washed, ready-to-face-the-day kind of creation – Turin was right to call it a ‘morning cologne’. Energizing citrus – lovely green toned bergamot and lemon peel to the fore, followed by dabs of neroli – it feels and stays natural which is an accomplishment in this category. A short while in, the iris surfaces but it remains a gentle presence, not weighing down the light mood. Wide eyed and innocent, Prelude to Love must remain just a prelude to the rather risky business of love itself. Nice work and a perfume well-suited to the office environment.

03 December, 2013

mnaonbn's avatar
    mnaonbn

PtL is one of those perfumes whose individual notes largely elude me. That is, my nose hones in not on the primary notes/accords but on those that secondary and tertiary. Namely, I get LOTS of orris butter and leather from this. The overall composition reminds me of two things: (a) Creed's Original Vetiver, in all of its soapy glory and (b) the aroma of L'Occitane's Sandalwood soap, which is a scent that is old-fashioned, comforting, and elegant all at the same time. Ultimately, PtL is my favorite Kilian thus far.

20th January, 2013

nosyneighbor's avatar
    nosyneighbor

Too much like 4711.

24 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 March, 2014)

Scentdawg's avatar
    Scentdawg

I have sampled this one a few times and have always love it. It ranks 3rd in my book for this collection only behind Straight to Heaven and Cruel Intentions and followed closely by Back to Black.. I just cannot bring myself to pay the price tag. However, a 50ml refill bottle is much more affordable and could find its way to my collection. I am yet to find one fragrance by Kilian that I do not like. They are all fantastic in their own merit. I say this basing my decision solely on the fragrance and not on the price tag. However, By kilian makes it affordable if you are willing to bypass the gorgeous looking presentation in the bottle and box.

Now, I move to the fragrance. At onset, this starts with a crisp orange aroma. However, to me, it smells more like the white part of the peel as opposed to the tangy, bitter outside. This quickly evolves into more of a delicate grape, more like a nice, ripe, purple grape once the teeth have broken the skin and broke it in two halves. I guess it is the combination of the iris and the orange blossom that gives this vibe in my head. Either way, the aroma is delicate, luscious, and to my agony soft. It lacks projection in my book, but the excellence of this fragrance and the quality of the ingredients can easily be noticed to be of high quality. Longevity is average. It lingers on my skin about 4-6hrs and longer on my clothes. However, this is a scent that will be enjoyed by the person wearing it and those that come in very close contact. But then again, I wear a fragrance for my enjoyment and this does the job. I believe for this fragrance to be strictly Unisex and can easily be worn by both sexes.

12 June, 2012

leto's avatar
    leto
    Turkey Turkey

Though it leans to a little bit into feminine side, this is a very good refrehing fragrance for summer, really like it.

19 May, 2012

Notreveh's avatar
    Notreveh
    Brazil Brazil

Kilian said the following for this fragrance: "the innocent invitation of an iris freshened by citrus notes". Prelude to love opens up with a citric chord dominated by lemon with a hint of neroli. Innocent invitation? Perhaps innocent is just another word for boring...

trough time the citrus opening decays a bit leaving space to a slight sweet orange blosson aroma mixed with a hint, just a hint of iris. A pleasant aroma if I may say, very pleasant, but is it worth the price tag? Well, for ME, the answer is no.

06 December, 2011