China White (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseNasomatto
PerfumerAlessandro Gualtieri

About China White

China White is a shared / unisex perfume by Nasomatto. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alessandro Gualtieri

Reviews of China White

Spicy rose on the nose. Quite a strong feminine scent. How on earth can this be called unisex is corrosive to any concepts of masculinity. Political correctness gone too far, and of course political correctness is the acid to the structure of functioning society. Don't go that way Nasomatto for the sake of your own integrity and identity.

Scent: 7/10 for a lady, 0 for a man
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 8/10
23rd November, 2018
Faint floral notes. Has an old furniture smell. Like birch or something. This not a bad thing. I like it. It then begins to resemble leather - old suede. It has some spicy rose. Then the whole thing turns into wood again, fades, then musk takes over. A well-layered perfume, artistic but, way too pricey for me.
05th August, 2018
After reading dozens of reviews and researching the other offerings from Nasamatto, I decided to order this blind not knowing what I was getting myself into. (I tend to occasionally risk things like this-lol). I anxiously opened the box and removed the now famous rectangular bottle with the imitation “cracked porcelain” cap. I removed the cap and sprayed. First on a test strip. I smelled incense. I smiled. It smelled smoky. My smile got bigger so I now sprayed on my left wrist, waited a moment, and then smelled something so amazing I was blown away. This is a not-too-harsh smoky incense cloaked in greenness. There is a fresh greenish herbal vibe here that is just SO good and yet so hard to describe. It is aromatic and animalic. I get a hint of leather and of musk. After a while I swear I even smell booze. There are white flowers here but they are in the background. Barely noticeable to my nose. And yes, white powder. Of course! There’s a very ingenious smell of white powder. But this isn’t powdery. This is not sweet. This is not girly. This is black leather and red lips. This is a “don’t screw with me” kind of scent. It’s modern and unique and it oozes class and style. This is developing great on my skin and I am absolutely loving it as I have never smelled anything quite like this before. There is true artistry behind this creation. Can a guy wear this? Sure, but this is bitchy (and awesome) as hell. Lol. This is my first fragrance from Nasomatto, but it won’t be my last. If you can appreciate the good, complicated stuff, get yourself a bottle of this. It’s fantastic. P.S: over an hour and I now get patchouli and amber. I’m in heaven.
23rd April, 2018
I'm going to jump in here and say that Nasomatto smells like a leather more than anything else, at least to me--but it's a restful, aromatic leather, with a pleasant damp herbal bitterness, a smoky little bite, a hint of dry spice, and a sweet eucalyptus note. White powder and soft violet notes appear further "down" in its construction. A little dandyish, and quite lovely.
16th February, 2016
I've had an enjoyable time getting to know China White. At first, I found it confounding, but it eventually fell into place.

At its core, it's got all the trappings of a classic powdery amber - vanilla combining with incense and sandalwood, sweet but more perfumey than edible. Top that with an unexpected cinnamon apple combo and an abstract chemical undertone along the lines of nail polish remover mixed with absinth, and you have a decent idea of how China White smells.

As gross as this could have turned out, it deftly remains sweet but not edible, rooted in history but ultimately modern, and artsy but still approachable. It's strong and, being composed heavily of concentrated basenotes (it's an extrait), it lasts pretty much forever.
14th November, 2014
Finally a decent Nasomatto under my nose. This is nice, even good. A minimalist, clean, yet not dull super-synthetic concept à la Helmut Lang, Costume National and Geza Schoen, with just a touch of nature, a really shaped and restrained incense note, a rarefied, narcotic and somehow sensual blend of green/herbal notes with a fruity heart (osmanthus?), a nice tobacco/tar base, dusty but velvety, with a bitter shadiness which is almost leathery, ambroxan perhaps, cedar woods and cashmeran – in short, the "pencil sharpener" effect. To be honest this heavily reminds me of another scent which I do not recall, perhaps one by LesNez or Coze 02, or Chamarré by Mona di Orio, however I have this "dejà-vu" feel. Anyway the scent is simple, delicate, subtle and ultra thin, undoubtably "easy" from the point of view of the composition (I mean the easiness of achieving this synthetically), but in its own way it's utterly sophisticated, elegant, somehow distinctive and fascinating, most of all because of an interesting green-dusty tobacco axe and an overall tasty "dustiness" which is not soapy, not "concrete-like", not earthy, slightly medicinal and herbal, just quite unique – in short, this time Gualtieri quite nailed it if the reference was cocaine (something he did not with that pathetic Afgano thing). A totally contemporary feel, a palpable, clean, neon-like and aerial transparency, elusive and delicate but "there". A bit too much delicate perhaps, and with a ridiculously short persistence (what's the point of selling an "extait" of this?). A nice, a bit trendy rendition of a trendy drug. At half of its price it may be worth a purchase.

7,5/10

China White by Nasomatto 1 oz Extrait de parfum (Pure Perfume) for Women

End Date: Thursday Mar-28-2019 16:51:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $149.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Nasomatto China White by Nasomatto 1 oz Extrait de parfum (Pure Perfume) For Wom

End Date: Friday Mar-29-2019 2:37:57 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $157.00

NASOMATTO china white

$30.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Friday Mar-29-2019 20:12:02 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Nasomatto China White (Used)

End Date: Sunday Mar-31-2019 14:38:18 PDT