Wode (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseBoudicca
PerfumerGeza Schoen

About Wode

Wode is a feminine perfume by Boudicca. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Geza Schoen

Reviews of Wode

Zowiee Show all reviews
To use a technical term...STINKY
24th February, 2017
Nice scent for hangin' at Joe's Bar and Grill Sunday evening watching the Bears game, if Joe's has good grub. I don't scent anything feminine. May be a scent for butch women to try.
30th January, 2017
Appears to generate a variety of opinions. Either the juice or the bottle is a deep blue, hearkening to the mythic Celtic body paint. The scent is interesting, somewhat pleasant but outside my usual frames of reference. Airy, refreshing, sort of green-herbal in a non-natural way. Low-key, minimalist. Short longevity. Not dreadful, not compelling for me.
20th June, 2016
The opening of the new version of Boudicca Wode Scent instantly threw me right into an old rusty bottle of Nina Ricci Phileas I had once, which was completely ruined, the juice gone severely wrong. Wode smells of that, precisely: a vintage herbal-leather-musky scent gone wrong - metallic, harsh, moldy, filthy (not in a good way) and dry. It’s also “inky” to some extent, and quite smoky too. Basically it smells like a sort of really dry, musky synthetic leather scent with musk and herbs, but all in a heavy, and to me, unpleasant way. Like “rotting”, but with a discomforting touch of clumsy. It may be intriguing and charming for fans of this type of scents: on me, it’s a nasty scrubber. The drydown goes a bit better, and I must agree with deadidol on the similarity with Bois d’Ombrie. Still, well... no.

4,5/10
30th January, 2015
This review is for the original version of the scent (not the paint).

Geza Schoen is hit or miss with me, and this one’s quite a miss—largely based on personal preference though as Wode contains accords that I rarely enjoy. This scent mixes green, vegetal notes with spices and a rubbery leather over a musky amber-ish base. If I had my way, juniper, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg, and sage would all be banned from perfumery, and that’s much of what Wode contains. It’s a convoluted melange of cooking spices and herbs over vaguely synthetic components (some kind of floral-ish accord, “leather” etc.) It’s all funneled into a relatively cohesive and compact scent, but the end result is quite removed from the kind of thing I dig. If you’re into smelling like something that strolled out of a country kitchen via an S&M club, then this could work for you. To me, it's very close to "scrubber."

P.S. I was trying to recall what this reminds me of and I just noticed someone else mentioned Bois' D'Ombre. That's it! Bag of rotten veggies, pretty much.
13th January, 2015 (last edited: 14th January, 2015)
Kaern Show all reviews
Has this been reformulated? Smells about as 'feminine' as Bandit but not as good.

Plastic leather sounds about right here -- also dry and musty with a touch of the orient floating about.

It works ok and lasts for ages -- not very expensive either. A little strange though.
08th December, 2014

Add your review of Wode

Shop for Wode products online

Search Amazon for Wode

Member images of Wode

There are no member images of Wode yet. Why not be the first?