Roadster (2008)

Shop for Roadster products online

100ml EdT
    100ml EdT

Reviews of Roadster

Showing 1 to 6 of 68 reviews.

clamnole's avatar

My current favorite weekend fragrance.

I like to take a break from the workweek scents I wear from Monday to Friday. And if I have any daytime or outdoor activities planned for Saturday through Sunday, Roadster is practically my signature scent.

Cartier has formulated the perfect mint fragrance with Roadster. Mint may not be for everyone as it conjures association with everything from toothpaste to ice cream and candy. I however, just don't detect any parallel to anything but fresh, clean and happily energetic activities. The mint is present throughout, but it is warm and very tempered in combination with vanilla and perhaps a dry wood or vetiver in the base note. The scent lasts on me nearly all day and yet is never overwhelming.

I get lots of compliments and questions anytime I wear it, and besides that my wife says Roadster is my sexiest fragrance and will often give our bed pillows a light dose after a night out. What more can you ask for?

12th February, 2015 (Last Edited: 13th February, 2015)

aquila_2009's avatar

Iran Iran

Salutation.

It is a great fragrances but not special for all!i dont like mint but mix between mint and bergamot is very lovely in this fragrance

Wonderfull and i always get asked what this fragrances is?!in my opinion roadster is one of the best fragrances 2008.Really good class&style longevity and sillage is fantastic too.

16th December, 2014

lachrymal's avatar

Peeee Yewww!

I have pretty good luck with blind buys, thanks to this here fabulous website. Success stories include L'eau D'Issey, Pure Malt, Minotaure, Midnight in Paris, Animale Animale, and Rochas Man to name a few.

As I unboxed this (along with a tester of DHI) I caught an off-putting, old man woodsy odor that I assumed was the leftovers of a menagerie of colognes from a packaging floor full of them. Unfortunately, it was this. I was looking for a bright, simple mint scent. Everything I read about this said mint, mint, mint, with a little bit of vanilla and some light dry woods in the background. Nope! To me, this smells like an old cedar box with wet coins in it. The mint is discernible, but in this reviewer's humble opinion it is neither at the forefront, pleasant, nor mixed well. If someone sprayed this on my arm and asked me my first thought, the word "mint" would not be in my response.

I don't know folks. Maybe I got a screwy batch, but this is definitely not the refreshing mint I was hoping for. This smells like something I would catch a whiff of and think "Ugh, I wish grandpa left the cologne in the medicine cabinet next to his pine tar soap he obviously uses."

13th November, 2014 (Last Edited: 23rd November, 2014)

sidewinder's avatar

Interesting, well done mint progression from start to finish. I get some musk in the dry down. for < $40 a steal. 4 out of 5

09th August, 2014

silentrich's avatar

One of the best mint fragrances you can buy. It's not complicated in it's approach. It's a mix of the mint and vetiver with a light vanilla base. I was a liittle hesitant because I saw the mint and vanilla which I thought would smell like toothpaste. This in no way shape or form smells like toothpaste and it's not sweet. The vetiver is also really nicely done in this and it has what smells like pepper to spice it up. I could see some people thinking this is a bit on the mature side. This isn't a playful or fun fragrance. This is a classy work or semi formal fragrance that screams class and sophistication. One of the best designer fragrances made in my opinion.

02nd July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

Roadster strikes me as a commonplace “fresh” woody/fougère composition, not all that far removed in structure from the whole Cool Water crowd. It reminds me a bit of Fahrenheit 32, in that it uses a minty note to replace some of the usual Calone and violet leaf, but then it also reminds me of at least twenty other fragrances.

For what it’s worth, I prefer Roadster to the Dior because it doesn’t contain much (if any) of the cloying drydown material that fouls Fahrenheit 32. Besides the mint, Roadster distinguishes itself to some degree by using drier woods than many of its ilk. That’s not enough make it revolutionary, or to excite me, but it’s still a plus.

25th June, 2014

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    CARTIER ROADSTER COLOGNE 3.4 / 100ML BRAND NEW FREE SHIPPING!
    • Time Left: 29 days
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 29 days
    (Shipping from Israel)

Member images of Roadster

There are no member images of Roadster yet. Why not be the first?