Roadster (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Roadster

Roadster is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Roadster fragrance notes

Reviews of Roadster

Wood's gin's clarity
Mint's ice's hungering breeze
Less's more's vast null.
26th June, 2017
Cartier Roadster is a fragrance that is conspicuously missing from most, if not all, department store sample counters in the metropolitan DC area. A shame, as it is a legitimate outing from the house of Cartier!

Roadster has an earthy, mellow musk sensation that pays homage to the mineral fougere-type scents of yore. It remains fairly close to the skin, but projects just enough to be more than a skin scent.

I found Roadster to be a long-lasting, warm fragrance that shares a healthy dose of mint and subtle lavender-patchouli. The mint is not loud like, say, Lacoste Booster; rather, it is a nice touch of freshness that helps to round this mature scent out well.

This one can be an all-day casual fragrance, as well as a formal one, though the sillage is not tremendous compared to fougeres like Paco Rabanne pour Homme. Overall, Roadster is a surprisingly pleasant scent worthy of a sample spritz for the more mature wearer.
11th April, 2017
Edited review: After further review, Roadster has a synthetic character that I don't find as enjoyable as I did upon my first wearings. I'll give it some more time, but that's the latest feeling with this one.

Roadster is an enjoyable fragrance. The opening as mentioned has a nice clean mint accord that is enjoyable, but somewhat fleeting. It doesn't smell anything like toothpaste as some have stated, at least not to me. The dry down is also nice. The only issue I have is that the there's too much patchouli in the middle notes for my taste, but other than that, I enjoyed my first "test drive" with Roadster.
09th March, 2017 (last edited: 16th May, 2017)
A mint led affair that seems unique, well balanced and quite nicely done. Good longevity and light to average potentcy. Bargain priced as well.

Perhaps the coolest bottle I have laid hands on. Constructed of heavy glass shaped like a sloped car hood with a fender bulge and a twist lock on hub cap over the nozzle.

I wanted to try a minty scent and, I think, got exactly what I asked for. The nice mint just didn't trip my trigger. I will keep it and try it from time to time.
21st February, 2017
Terrific value! I get the sweetness (and the wood notes) from start to finish with Roadster but it's really well done, not super sweet at all. Very refined and classy. I feel like this is very versatile, not loud or screechy for work but sweet and enticing enough for a date. I could see this being someone's signature scent, I'm considering it as well.
09th March, 2016
It's a reference for mint among designer fragrances.

The mint note is not bad at all, and the opening is rather appealing. Quite promising.

Unfortunately everything goes downhill from there. The residual is a sweet woody base, with the introduction only a distant fragrant memory.
19th June, 2015

Add your review of Roadster

Shop for Roadster products online

Search Amazon for Roadster

Member images of Roadster

There are no member images of Roadster yet. Why not be the first?