Roadster (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Roadster

Roadster is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Roadster fragrance notes

Reviews of Roadster

Terrific value! I get the sweetness (and the wood notes) from start to finish with Roadster but it's really well done, not super sweet at all. Very refined and classy. I feel like this is very versatile, not loud or screechy for work but sweet and enticing enough for a date. I could see this being someone's signature scent, I'm considering it as well.
09th March, 2016
It's a reference for mint among designer fragrances.

The mint note is not bad at all, and the opening is rather appealing. Quite promising.

Unfortunately everything goes downhill from there. The residual is a sweet woody base, with the introduction only a distant fragrant memory.
19th June, 2015

Cartier has formulated the oft persued, yet pleasingly rare masculine mint fragrance in Roadster. Mint notes conjure anything from toothpaste to ice cream and are seldom executed very convincingly in non-barbershop or dandified fragrances. However Roadster manages to parallel mint and citrus over a traditional lavender-patchouli fougere to project a fresh, clean and energetic fragrance. The mint notevis present throughout, but it is warm and tempered in combination with vanilla and a dry wood or vetiver base. Not a dandy style fragrance. The scent lasts on me nearly all day and yet is never overwhelming.

I get lots of compliments and questions anytime I wear Roadster, and it's one of my wife's favorite scents on me. Year round versatility and a superb fresh-casual weekend option. Thumbs up.

12th February, 2015 (last edited: 12th February, 2016)
Salutation.

It is a great fragrances but not special for all!i dont like mint but mix between mint and bergamot is very lovely in this fragrance

Wonderfull and i always get asked what this fragrances is?!in my opinion roadster is one of the best fragrances 2008.Really good class&style longevity and sillage is fantastic too.

16th December, 2014
Peeee Yewww!

I have pretty good luck with blind buys, thanks to this here fabulous website. Success stories include L'eau D'Issey, Pure Malt, Minotaure, Midnight in Paris, Animale Animale, and Rochas Man to name a few.

As I unboxed this (along with a tester of DHI) I caught an off-putting, old man woodsy odor that I assumed was the leftovers of a menagerie of colognes from a packaging floor full of them. Unfortunately, it was this. I was looking for a bright, simple mint scent. Everything I read about this said mint, mint, mint, with a little bit of vanilla and some light dry woods in the background. Nope! To me, this smells like an old cedar box with wet coins in it. The mint is discernible, but in this reviewer's humble opinion it is neither at the forefront, pleasant, nor mixed well. If someone sprayed this on my arm and asked me my first thought, the word "mint" would not be in my response.

I don't know folks. Maybe I got a screwy batch, but this is definitely not the refreshing mint I was hoping for. This smells like something I would catch a whiff of and think "Ugh, I wish grandpa left the cologne in the medicine cabinet next to his pine tar soap he obviously uses."
13th November, 2014 (last edited: 23rd November, 2014)
Interesting, well done mint progression from start to finish. I get some musk in the dry down. for < $40 a steal. 4 out of 5
09th August, 2014

Add your review of Roadster

Shop for Roadster products online

Shop for Roadster at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Roadster

Member images of Roadster

There are no member images of Roadster yet. Why not be the first?