Roadster (2008)

50ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    100ml EdT

Reviews of Roadster

Showing 1 to 6 of 59 reviews.

Blago's avatar
    Blago

Nice one from Cartier

Many Cartier fragrances are not famous for excellent longevity, but this one is decent. Strong mint note, but not overpowering. Classy fragrance in a classy bottle - and when I say classy I definitely don't mean old man scent, as people can misinterpret classy. Go for it, you won't regret buying Roadster, you will smell "intelligent" ;-)

Pros: Nice scent, good sillage, longevity
    Cons:

03 June, 2013

JorgeAguilar's avatar
    JorgeAguilar

Great scent for Spring/Summer

I blind-bought this fragrance due to several positive reviews and even though I didn't dislike the scent when I tried it for the first time, I wasn't thrilled at all about using it regularly.  I applied it the next day and it gave me nausea and a headache, maybe I applied a bit too much or it was just too different but I ended up giving up on it. After a couple of days I decided to give it a second chance and it really worked out, I received a couple of compliments from co-workers and I wasn't getting sick at all as I used to, I think I just had to get used to the mint leaves all over the notes.  Anyways, overall really good scent, lasts on me for about 6 hours which isn't that bad for my skin, it projects really well over the first 4 hours and then comes close to the skin.  I would definitely recommend you to try a sample first because even though it's a very classy, well-blended minty fragrance it's definitely not for everyone.

18 May, 2013

Marais's avatar
    Marais

An accomplished balancing act between refreshing mint and creamy vanilla. The mint reminds me more of mint-choc-chip ice-cream than the oft-opined toothpaste. Come to think of it, why isn't there a Roadster-flavour ice-cream? Mint/vanilla, it seems so obvious. Maybe there is (I'm not big on ice-cream).
    Anyway, there's a sort of aquatic topnote which fades into the background quite quickly; it's a bit of a misfit really but I don't mind it; it adds to Roadster's odd-for-designerness. Could work as a year-round signature scent, very versatile. Good longevity: 8 hours from 5 sprays, with the mint proving remarkably persistent; although the enjoyable extended drydown is more vanilla-dominated. 4/5. Great bottle and sprayer, as usual with Cartier.

22 April, 2013

capital's avatar
    capital

Unique scent, but the mint is a little too powerful for my tastes and it gives off a toothpaste vibe.

14 January, 2013

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

I just haven't quite been able to fall in love with Roadster. It kicks off with that famous mint note, joined by some 80's-smelling basil and a sweet small that borders on chocolate. Eventually, it all settles into a really nice smell that reminds me of some sort of imaginary sweet wood, sappy and green. I really like the sweet green wood drydown, but the topnotes just don't work for me. I see what they're trying for, but somehow all the notes just sit their awkwardly smelling weird next to each other for quite a while before Roadster finally gets good.

07 January, 2013

's avatar

Nice vanilla + mint combo with a touch of vetiver. Very unique and smells great. Great sillage and lasting power. Suitable for summer/fall but can be used in colder months easily.

29 October, 2012