Roadster (2008)

Roadster information

Year of Launch2008

PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Roadster

Roadster is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Roadster fragrance notes

Reviews of Roadster

It's a reference for mint among designer fragrances.

The mint note is not bad at all, and the opening is rather appealing. Quite promising.

Unfortunately everything goes downhill from there. The residual is a sweet woody base, with the introduction only a distant fragrant memory.
19th June, 2015
My current favorite weekend fragrance.

I like to take a break from the workweek scents I wear from Monday to Friday. And if I have any daytime or outdoor activities planned for Saturday through Sunday, Roadster is practically my signature scent.

Cartier has formulated the perfect mint fragrance with Roadster. Mint may not be for everyone as it conjures association with everything from toothpaste to ice cream and candy. I however, just don't detect any parallel to anything but fresh, clean and happily energetic activities. The mint is present throughout, but it is warm and very tempered in combination with vanilla and perhaps a dry wood or vetiver in the base note. The scent lasts on me nearly all day and yet is never overwhelming.

I get lots of compliments and questions anytime I wear it, and besides that my wife says Roadster is my sexiest fragrance and will often give our bed pillows a light dose after a night out. What more can you ask for?

12th February, 2015 (last edited: 13th February, 2015)

It is a great fragrances but not special for all!i dont like mint but mix between mint and bergamot is very lovely in this fragrance

Wonderfull and i always get asked what this fragrances is?!in my opinion roadster is one of the best fragrances 2008.Really good class&style longevity and sillage is fantastic too.

16th December, 2014
Peeee Yewww!

I have pretty good luck with blind buys, thanks to this here fabulous website. Success stories include L'eau D'Issey, Pure Malt, Minotaure, Midnight in Paris, Animale Animale, and Rochas Man to name a few.

As I unboxed this (along with a tester of DHI) I caught an off-putting, old man woodsy odor that I assumed was the leftovers of a menagerie of colognes from a packaging floor full of them. Unfortunately, it was this. I was looking for a bright, simple mint scent. Everything I read about this said mint, mint, mint, with a little bit of vanilla and some light dry woods in the background. Nope! To me, this smells like an old cedar box with wet coins in it. The mint is discernible, but in this reviewer's humble opinion it is neither at the forefront, pleasant, nor mixed well. If someone sprayed this on my arm and asked me my first thought, the word "mint" would not be in my response.

I don't know folks. Maybe I got a screwy batch, but this is definitely not the refreshing mint I was hoping for. This smells like something I would catch a whiff of and think "Ugh, I wish grandpa left the cologne in the medicine cabinet next to his pine tar soap he obviously uses."
13th November, 2014 (last edited: 23rd November, 2014)
Interesting, well done mint progression from start to finish. I get some musk in the dry down. for < $40 a steal. 4 out of 5
09th August, 2014
One of the best mint fragrances you can buy. It's not complicated in it's approach. It's a mix of the mint and vetiver with a light vanilla base. I was a liittle hesitant because I saw the mint and vanilla which I thought would smell like toothpaste. This in no way shape or form smells like toothpaste and it's not sweet. The vetiver is also really nicely done in this and it has what smells like pepper to spice it up. I could see some people thinking this is a bit on the mature side. This isn't a playful or fun fragrance. This is a classy work or semi formal fragrance that screams class and sophistication. One of the best designer fragrances made in my opinion.
02nd July, 2014

Add your review of Roadster

Shop for Roadster products online

Shop for Roadster at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Roadster

Member images of Roadster

There are no member images of Roadster yet. Why not be the first?