Reviews of Izmir

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.

Apicius's avatar
    Apicius
    Germany Germany

A very delicious coffee note combined with patchouly - far too much patchouly.

Since I tend to get headaches from (natural) patchouly oil, sadly, I am not able to use this.

23 February, 2009

lizzie_j's avatar
    lizzie_j

Well, as my mother always says, "That's what makes horse racing!" Unlike Jemimagold I LOVE New Haarlem, and I love Izmir also. They both have an outstanding coffee note that is not too heavy handed--a well crafted latte rather than a triple espresso. Izmir is spicy, mildly sweet but not cloying or tooth achey, and it has enough citrus to give it a jazzy edge. The orange and geranium keep the other notes in line, and prevent the personality of Izmir from becoming TOO mushy or edible as it progresses, and the coffee stays true for hours.
    If you are looking for an interesting and beautifully crafted coffee fragrance I would highly recommend sampling Izmir :).

27 January, 2009

Jemimagold's avatar
    Jemimagold

I cannot think of any other way to say this. Izmir was absolutely horrible! I don't like gourmand notes on the best of days but this reset my bar of dislike as high about as it can go. Izmir is an intense concoction of overpowering coffee notes and is very similar to Bond No 9's New Haarlem. Both are equally vile. I tried to stick it out with Izmir for as long as I could to see if any other scent would emerge but it did not and eventually I had to run scrub it off. I get chills just thinking about this olfactory experience.

Per Neil Morris' website, here are Izmir's notes: Top: papaya, orange, cinnamon; Middle: fig, rose, geranium, coffee; Base: vanilla, agar wood, sea air and patchouli.

08 July, 2008