Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Fetish
by Neil Morris Fragrances

Fetish information

HouseNeil Morris Fragrances
PerfumerNeil Morris

About Fetish

Fetish is a shared / unisex perfume by Neil Morris Fragrances. The fragrance was created by perfumer Neil Morris

Fetish fragrance notes

Reviews of Fetish

After a sharp opening, the initial phase is mostly leather, with patchouli & an odd note that reminds me of sour milk. One hour in the benzoin kicks in, turning things more softly powdery, but not too sweet. Shortly after this, I detect a mineral note, like the cold stone of ancient catacombs. I'm not sure exactly how oudh is supposed to smell, but I'm guessing it's this in combination with the myrrh that conjures up that image for me. From here it all slowly fades, lasting around twelve hours overall.
I must admit I'm not all that keen on this one. The drydown is interesting, but that sour milk note is a turnoff for me, & the fragrance is not as animalic as I'd hoped.
30th November, 2017
I have tried samples of several Neil Morris fragrances and I agree this one is best. It has strong sillage and good longevity. It smells like a combination of the listed notes; it is true to its description. Very pleasant, very earthy, very oriental. To my nose the myrrh, oud, and patchouli are strongest but blend in a nice accord.
27th April, 2010
I have tested more than half of the collection of Neil Morris Fragrances by now, but Fetish is by far the best and one of my top 5 favourite fragrances.

Actually, it is quite difficult to describe for me, maybe because the ingredients seem to blend together without having one distinctably standing out, or maybe just because of my lack of experience.

Fetish is extremely sweet, like marzipan, but there is also an earthiness/bitterness in it that I find particulary attractive. Especially with this effect I see a certain similarity to Dior Homme - only by style, not by ingredients.

It is definately too distinct for office wear. So, I would recommend it rather for weekend or spare time. If you consider testing Neil Morris fragrances, do not forget to give this a try!
22nd March, 2009

Add your review of Fetish

Shop for Fetish products online

Member images of Fetish

There are no member images of Fetish yet. Why not be the first?