Rose of Kali
    by Neil Morris Fragrances

Average Rating:

Rose of Kali Fragrance Notes

Rose of Kali information

The fourth fragrance in the India series

Reviews of Rose of Kali

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

adrienn99's avatar

i find this one a dark rose scent. A little fizzy and green at the opening but with time more and more roses open up.

Also, there is an articulate incense and myrrh appearing on my skin. It turns a little sweeter with time, yet I do not find it particularly gourmand/sweet or chocolatey. Only find it a wee chocolatey if I force the idea and try to smell it that way, searching for the note specifically.

17 May, 2011

odysseusm's avatar

I always get dismayed when the very first thing I smell is a basenote, particularly when it is one I don’t care for. This suggests to me some kind of imbalance in the construction of the scent. Well, here I get chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. It is not a yummy dark chocolate, it is an odd, kind of indolic/fecal chocolate. The chocolate opening lasts for about five minutes. It settles down, and allows some pear and rose notes to peek through. There are some green notes from the myrtle, but not much incense that I could detect. Then the chocolate comes back, accompanied by a sweet and also piercing amber note. This is very powerful oriental, and not at all to my taste. Kali is a powerful goddess, a destroyer of illusion. All that is destroyed here, however; is my interest in this scent.

05 January, 2009