Spectral Violet

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 10 ratings

Spectral Violet Fragrance Notes

Spectral Violet information

Spectral Violet is a unisex fragrance by Neil Morris Fragrances.

Reviews of Spectral Violet

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

TaraYvonne's avatar

I had a sample of this courtesy of my friend Aiona and I really enjoyed it. I adore it when I get a whiff of something like nothing else I have ever smelled before. I enjoy unusual perfumes. That's what this is, really unusual. I think the name fits, there is something "not of this world" about it. From the sharp alcohol/incense & faint whiff of earth and violet beginning (to me it does smell a bit like the wet dirt and violet in bloom plant combo that I smell when I'm poking around my violets)to the mulled strawberry incense end-it really makes for a strange combination. You can't tell if you should be thinking of the damp garden or an incense filled room. It's a little confusing, but good anyway. And you cannot buy this untested because this is a love it or hate it fragrance. I am in the love it group personally. I give it thumbs up for originality, it was a brave gamble that I believe paid off. But that's me, I like difficult perfumes that others might shy away from.

03rd April, 2009

Aiona's avatar

First blast, is alcohol and a potting soil-like smell. After that it smells like Chinese preserved plum candy, up close. But, if I'm not smelling up close, I feel like I'm wearing the raspberry incense of Revlon's Ciara. Sillage was pretty intense for about 2 hours. After about 5 or so hours, it calms down into a strawberry sandalwood, that reminds me of Neil Morris' own Woodland Strawberries. I would like this one a lot more if it had more longevity.

09th November, 2008

purplebird7's avatar

Dispite the plethora of notes, I am primarily receiveing violet, galbanum, and probably vetiver. Together, they make a dusty, earthy, violet that is also fruity, which doesn't work for me.

21st October, 2008