Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth

Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth information

HouseNeil Morris Fragrances
PerfumerNeil Morris

About Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth

Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth is a shared / unisex perfume by Neil Morris Fragrances. The fragrance was created by perfumer Neil Morris

Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth fragrance notes

Reviews of Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth

I recently received quite a few samples from this line, and at this point in the game Dark Earth the one I've found myself liking the most. Somewhat to my initial disappointment I don't find it particularly "dirty" or earthy in the ways that CB Black March or other dirt-like fragrances are, so now in 2016 perhaps it's been tinkered with a little from the previous reviews some years ago.

Particularly pleasant stuff I thought, unisex, and well worth taking a look at if you find yourself thinking of sampling within this line.
06th August, 2016
This scent is meant to suggest the transition from winter to spring, and the potential of fresh soil to yield life. I find that it does indeed exactly convey an impression of freshly-cut, rich, loamy soil. And I mean EXACTLY. Now, is that necessarily a good thing? Debatable. Demeter and CB I Hate Perfume do the same thing, presenting rather straightforward renditions of a single concept or moment in time. Do I like the smell of rich soil? Yes. Do I want to smell like that all day? No.
Aside from the quirky and distinctive earth smell, I also get somewhat odd and fleeting notes of sweet dark chocolate. There is some sort of green note, as promised. The scent starts somewhat sweet and quickly gets quite sweet. It also gets heavy, powerful, musky, and tiresome for anyone who doesn’t dote on sweetie-pie scents. Eventually I had to wash it off.
12th August, 2011
DARK EARTH - Myrrh, Sandalwood, Musks, frankincense, patchouli, vetiver. This is a lighter myrrh, musk and frankincense scent. Sandalwood and earth notes and golden musk keep it light for something named Dark Earth. I can't detect patchouli at all in the fragrance. This Dark Earth is in the same direction as Dark Season and Earth Tones #3, but it has a lightness from vetiver that is not apparent in the notes. Something just doesn't work in this fragrance for me.
14th September, 2009
Um, yeah, it smells a bit earthy...
12th August, 2008

Add your review of Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth

Shop for Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth products online

Search Amazon for Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth

Member images of Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth

There are no member images of Earthtones #1 - Dark Earth yet. Why not be the first?