Alba (200)

Alba information

Alba is a unisex fragrance by Profumum. The scent was launched in 200

Shop for Alba products online

Reviews of Alba

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

I have to work hard to smell Alba. Once its oddly sour floral top notes dissipate, it’s a shy, sweet, woody scent with a creamy texture so uniform that it’s bland: a blancmange for the nose. Alba’s sweetener is an almondy heliotrope that recalls Après l’Ondée, in comparison with which Alba suffers badly. Where the Guerlain has a rich iris, Alba offers only a bald pencil shavings synthetic woods base note that dominates the fragrance after less than an hour’s wear. An unremarkable scent at a remarkable price.

08 June, 2014

My_pep_pep's avatar

Powdery, slightly raspy woods with not much backbone. The powdery is strong in the top notes but backs off after a while. This is pleasant, but not something I'd wear. There's something a little strange in here, maybe the hazel wood mentioned in the notes, only noticeable up close. Positive rating because I think the quality is there, it's just not my kind of scent.

16 June, 2012

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

For now, it looks like I'm the only one who loves this.
    Slightly praline , nutty cream mixed with some powder and white woods.F or some reason this is what Nivea in the blue jar/tin smells like on my skin too. Weird but true. This is possibly the last scent I thought would smell like Nivea but it does. The cream woods are skin soft and melt right into my skin. This is a very subtle scent but lasting .

26 April, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

Woody and resinous, Alba is a creamy combination of woods, hazelnut, woods, almonds, woods, amber and woods. Too bad the woods isn't strong but they are ever present. Dries down int oa typical amber accord. The nuttiness is quite appealing went bolstered by the amber base, make lacks any punch. A calm, and serene scent.

14 December, 2008

Jemimagold's avatar

I did not care for Profumum's woody perfume known as Alba even though I generally like "woody" fragrances along the lines of Diptyque's Tam Dao and 10 Corso Como. To me, the wood note in Alba was obscured by pervasive soapy/powdery/musky notes that frankly smelled rather cheap. To be fair, I generally prefer more transparent sheer fragrances and Alba definitely was not that. Another thing I wonder is whether the soap/powder/musk combo is part of Profumum's base as their "marine" fragrance Acqua di Sale smells rather like Alba (and I did not like it either). These are the only two I've smelled from this line but they sure were similar.

Here are Alba's notes, as gleaned from various perfume websites: Musk, amber, aniseed, vanilla, wood, hazelnut.

08 July, 2008