Revelation (2008)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 28 ratings

Revelation information

Revelation is a unisex fragrance by CB I Hate Perfume. The scent was launched in 2008

Shop for Revelation products online

$156.42*
    100ml Perfume
    (*converted from GBP 100.00)

Reviews of Revelation

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

flathorn's avatar

It's a fun sort of musty fresh fig if that even makes sense. I smell dry earth, sunshine, air and figs in a tree. It was like sitting in the shade of a fig tree on a hot day with dry soil smells wafting up. It is pleasant to sit there smelling the dry, earthy-fruit ambiance. As long as it lasts. Which unfortunately isn't long. But is a great little snapshot. I'd consider it for a perfume if it wasn't such a 'moment in time and place". I loved its rough, dry, non-sweet fig note.
    What to do with fragrances like this? That has always been the dilemma for me. Calling them room spray sounds insulting. But it isn't. I can see spraying a room with Revelation and really enjoying it. But it is too expensive for that. So, neither thumbs up nor down.

28th August, 2014 (Last Edited: 30th August, 2014)

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

Iím not sure whatís so revelatory about Christopher Brosiusís fig scent. Itís a nicely balanced, crisp, fruity fig with bright green top notes, closer in mood and structure to Pierre Guillaumeís Jardins de Kťrylos than to Olivia Giacobettiís milky Philosykos. Itís unfortunately also thin, weak, and short-lived, and so offers no real advantage over any of the other available niche brand fig scents. Superfluous.

25th June, 2014

odysseusm's avatar

On the paper strip, it had moderately appealing green grass and fig notes. On my skin, it had an awful, unattractive note. It was sweet, totally un-fig-like, a somewhat rancid and sour soapy note. Bleh.

24th August, 2011

huiyt's avatar

Smells like urine on me. A scrubber...

13th June, 2011

cheryl's avatar

This is the first and only fig fragrance I have tried, so I cannot compare it in anyway to other entries in the genre. It doesn't read as a "perfume," more like a room spray that is aiming for verisimilitude. The fig is THERE..bright..happy..green..floral..a bit of mint swirling in there...it kind of disappears quickly..but pressing your nose to your skin unearths it again..happy green fig.
    I guess I kind of like that green part..which reminds me somehow of the fuzzy green skins on walnuts before the nuts are removed. So it's really just for fans of fun fig moments...and not a proper romance as I expect a perfume to be.

10th January, 2011

JessicaGrace's avatar

A soft, warm fig scent. I like it a good deal, but had to apply nearly half of my 1ml sample before I could smell it. Longevity is only fair, and silage is practically non-existent. So for me, this is one of those you enjoy on your own by huffing your wrist throughout the day. Still, it's very pleasant for as long as it lasts. I'm going to give it a thumbs up, with reservations, because it's the first "fig" scent I've tried that actually smelled to me like figs.

03rd September, 2009