Harajuku Lovers - G (2008)
by Gwen Stefani

Harajuku Lovers - G information

Year of Launch2008

HouseGwen Stefani
PerfumerSteven Demercado
Parent CompanyGS Fragrance Group
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Harajuku Lovers - G

Harajuku Lovers - G is a feminine perfume by Gwen Stefani. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Steven Demercado

Harajuku Lovers - G fragrance notes

Reviews of Harajuku Lovers - G

lovely, light and long lasting

One of the few perfumes I never tire of. Possibly one of my favourites as well. I have bought this several times. Though I didn't like too many of the remixes though. (Gwen had this line which features multiple scents made again for certain seasons: a summer line, a winter one, etc.)

Also, I'm an adult and I don't think this scent is sweet enough for many teeny-boppers out there, but it is a youthful scent.

Pros: wears well, versitile
Cons: hard to find since it isn't sold in stores anymore (unless you're shopping in outlets)"

29th August, 2013
I bought this because I love coconut and the bottle is so cute. My first spritz brought me back to visits to the beach - coconut sunscreen mixed with some inexpensive body spritz I used to wear as a teenager. There's also a kind of odd smoke undertone that reminds me of the scent of a stolen cig wafting in the background. I still wear this occasionally, but unfortunately, I don't like how it wears -- it winds up seeming cloying after awhile, and it has a surprising staying power. Honestly, if I wear it indoors, I get a headache and sick to my stomach feeling. Honestly, all the Harajuku Lovers scents seem to be this way for me - fun and flirty at first, and then I get the worst fragrance hangover from them. Too bad - such cute little bottles and I love the fun themes, but only being able to wear them outside is extremely limiting.
20th May, 2012
I'll have to agree that this fragrance is quite lovely. Obviously, because coconut is rather dominant, this won't appeal to people that dislike its scent, however for people that do like tropical, coconutty fragrances, G won't let you down.

The opening is primarily coconut and apple which blend together nicely giving this fragrance a beachy/tropical feel. I'll agree that the scent reminds me of sun-tan oil, and perhaps slightly similar to Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess, yet much lighter and sweeter.

From here onwards the scent only becomes sweeter with the jasmine, freesia and magnolia blending with the coconut to create a scent that is soft, feminine and pretty.

The drydown did not disappoint, ending with a soft sandalwood and cotton blend which rounded the scent off nicely.

The lasting power is quite impressive and the sillage, although not overpowering, can leave a lovely, pleasant trail.

Although the bottle is cute, I admit that I would feel embarassed displaying this bottle. In some ways it's tacky and childish. I'd consider buying this fragrance if they allowed the customer to purchase the fragrance when bottled like their tester bottles, which are simple cylindrical bottles with just the label, (much more sophisticated than the ones with the doll head).

04th June, 2011
Harajuku Lovers is a Blend of Teenybopper admiration for the cool things in life. Lady GAGA is there idol
fake Taned girls on Venice Beach California; Rodeo Drive; Beverly Hills;
Having there first crush sleepover
And Watching thoese Cheesy Tacky
Reality shows.

I'm not a fan of coconut but it dries
down and it's more pleasent. this maybe not my favorite but i love the Dolly
Design of the bottle when you done using the bottle keep the top and use them as finger puppets.
15th December, 2010
G is one of five fragrances released by Gwen Stefani in her dive into the world of fragrances under her Harajuku Lovers label. The tag-line "A Fatal Attraction To Cuteness" speaks volumes about this fragrances, particularly in it's package and bottle design. This eau de toilette fits in the palm of your hand and sits under a three inch plastic doll. G is based after Gwen herself and features blonde curly hair with a black bow, a white tank top with a ruffled design, a blue miniskirt, fishnet socks and black shoes. These bottles are pure vanity candy and look quite lovely lined up in a row. The perfume bottle itself is quite simplistic and features the name of the perfume as well as the Harajuku Lovers brand logo. At 10ml (or .33 fluid ounces) you don't get a whole lot of juice, but given that the majority of the production value lies in the plastic dolls, it's understandable.

The fragrance itself when initially sprayed smells distinctively of coconut and apple, almost shampoo-like, this scent is quite pleasant and rather inoffensive. The scent does develop too deeply on my skin, and dries down to a creamy coconut. The scent doesn't last too long, maybe two or three hours at the most. Not great considering you don't have tons of juice to keep reapplying, but honestly I think I would grow sick of it if it was heavily applied over a long period of time.

Overall, I quite like this scent and will definitely repurchase when I run out. If having the dolls aren't an attraction to you, I would recommend purchasing a tester online - those contain about 3.4 fluid ounces and usually run around $50, a great, great value considering the full retail prices of these fragrances.
24th July, 2010
Wow! Can't believe someone else smelled the "slightly burned plastic" heart note!! I wasn't patient enough: in the store I was enamored with the coconut and magnolia (which I thought was more on top than mid) and didn't wait around ong enough to experience the rest of the story. Not sure this was a smart buy after all, especially after I opened the box and realized it is all statue of a strange little blond girl in fishnet stockings. Oh, and a touch of perfume under her feet.
10th June, 2010

Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani Perfume Pop Electric G 1 oz Size NOS Mint Stock

End Date: Sunday May-26-2019 19:17:15 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $20.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani Perfume Classic G Rare Mint VHTF Coconut 1 oz LG

End Date: Sunday May-26-2019 19:42:00 PDT

Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style G .33 oz size by Gwen Stefani Perfume EDT New Mint

End Date: Sunday May-26-2019 22:34:45 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $20.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style G Perfume by Gwen Stefani, 0.33 oz Eau De Toilet...

End Date: Sunday May-26-2019 23:42:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.57

HARAJUKU LOVERS SUPER G EDT LIMITED EDITION BY GWEN STEFANI HARD TO FIND

End Date: Monday May-27-2019 11:34:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $55.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Harajuku Lovers G Gwen Stefani Eau De Toilette Spray .33oz 10ml Sunshine USE?

End Date: Monday May-27-2019 14:53:02 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $34.99

RARE-HARAJUKU LOVERS SNOW BUNNIES G MINI PERFUME .33 OZ GWEN STEFANI-98% Full

$12.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Monday May-27-2019 16:26:19 PDT

Member images of Harajuku Lovers - G

There are no member images of Harajuku Lovers - G yet. Why not be the first?