Red Aoud

Red Aoud information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Red Aoud

Red Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Red Aoud

Montale Red Aoud

This with no doubt is the Strongest frag in my collection.
But it is kinda addictive, Biscuit sweet opening, and it starts to fill the room as soon as it leaves the bottle. I got compliments on the 6th hour of putting at most two sprays.

Depending on the situation.... One spray is sometimes over cooking this Cookie gourmand frag.

You defo get your bang for your buck here.
Although I do Adore this, I ware it sparingly because it is 100% beast

Smell 10
Longevity 10
Sillage 10

Infact.... This is stronger than that. Awesome juice. Two thumbs up.
08th February, 2018
First fragrance from several samples from the Montale line and this is not for me in the least. WOW super floral with some sweetness and a soapy vibe. Leans way feminine and towards the dry down does become more sweet and powdery. Glad I got a sample first. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY if you don't like florals.
31st May, 2017
Late in my visit to the Montale shop, when I had already greedily pounced on a few cans and was subsequently attempting to be an angel of restraint, I was introduced to Red Aoud. The charming shop assistant sprayed some on a strip and said that she loved the feel of roasted tonka about it. And I could see where she was going with that Ė that striking gourmand accord which wears on the skin like toasted brioche or even crumbly almondy cake is the most remarkable thing about it. Itís a real caresser and I almost bought it then, but I was suffering from perfume relativism after having smelled so much, and so desisted.
Now, nearly a year later, Iíve got around to sampling it and that lovely toasted accord is still the most striking thing about it. We are so used to tonka as a dab of something indistinctly sweet in our perfumes that it is useful to remember the smell of the real thing which has depths and a dark halva-like richness Ė the difference is like that between vanilla sugar and a cloven pod of the real thing. I know tonka isnít in the declared notes but roast tonka is what seems to surge up from Red Aoudís base and I likes it.
The rest of Red Aoud I like less Ė the rose smells cheapo and screechy and is quite discordant at the opening until it settles somewhat, the oud is non-descript and somewhat shy, the other woody notes are generic and the spicing Ė particularly saffron which I adore Ė just refuses to make itself known on my skin. So weíve got the phenomenal voice of the central gourmand accord surrounded by a band of rather untalented musicians. I canít make my peace with that.
18th March, 2016
I'm torn on this one. On one hand, it's like nothing else I've ever smelled. On the other hand, its so bombastically strong I'm scared to wear it.

Red Aoud is basically the gourmand of the line. Saffron and oud open the show, but the oud is subdued compared to the others in the Montale line. It's creamy, and fascinating.

The saffron fades, as does the oud, and what you're left with is a chocolate musk. It's great, but not for everyone, and not for those looking for subtlety.

Also - don't buy the big bottle, for the love of god.
04th May, 2015
Pepper, spice, oud in Red Aoud make for a strong opening and agreeable spicy dry down, much more pleasant than Amouage Journey Man, in my opinion. Certainly masculine, with a good balance of spicy and herb-ish notes, I'd probably classify it as a cold weather night scent. I'd agree with some of other reviews in that it is well blended, as no particular note is cloying. It has some sweetness to it in the dry down, albeit subtly.

Projection and longevity are both strong.

This is definitely an appealing addition for fans of spicy fragrances. Generally I am not but I have to agree that this probably would work for a lot of men, and isn't overwhelming or overly formal. I'm not familiar with much of Montale, but this wants me to make try more of their scents. Not one that I'd necessarily buy at the price but worth considering.

7 out of 10
12th March, 2015
This is one of the more condom-themed Montaleís ó the rubbery saffron-rose note thatís oddly appealing. But I think that whatís actually impressive about this is that itís not as rose-dominated as you might expect, rather it takes the saffron as its focus and honeys it up a bit over the standard Montale ďoudĒ accord. The effect is a slightly powdered, slightly gourmand take on the lineís usual Orientalist cliches, and it actually works. Furthermore, itís not belligerently loud like many of their scents. As it settles, the rose does bloom a little more (not a good thing in my opinion as they usually smell cheap from this line), but all in all, itís one of the better of the 50 or so ouds theyíve cranked out. A saffron gourmand with some spicy, rosy flourishes. No actual oud in sight, but thatís to be expected.
04th March, 2015

Add your review of Red Aoud

Shop for Red Aoud products online

Search for on eBay United States

Sealed Montale Red Aoud EDP 1.7 oz BNIB 100% Authentic. Please Read All.

• USD $80.00

Sealed Box Montale Aoud Red Flowers EDP Spray By Montale Perfume 3.3 Oz

• USD $111.72
  • Time Left: 22 days

Member images of Red Aoud

There are no member images of Red Aoud yet. Why not be the first?