Red Aoud

Red Aoud information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Red Aoud

Red Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Red Aoud

Oh wow, Montale's Red Aoud is a no-nonsense agarwood formulation that needs discretion in application.

Fragrance notes:
[Top] - agarwood (oud), pepper
[Heart] - saffron, rose, cumin
[Base] - orris root, vetiver, sandalwood

Red Aoud is a thick, heavy rose-centered oud scent that works really well ESPECIALLY if you limit sprays to two at the most. Saffron is also quite prominent in this EdP strength potion, adding an exotic, leathery floral hit within this fiery formulation.

Red Aoud leans masculine and gives the wearer a long, long pleasant oud ride. As each of Montale's "Aoud" flankers are very distinctive in highlighting different aspects of the agarwood experience, I would highly recommend trying sample decants of a number of them until you can pinpoint the one that fits YOU best.

26th August, 2018
Montale Red Aoud

This with no doubt is the Strongest frag in my collection.
But it is kinda addictive, Biscuit sweet opening, and it starts to fill the room as soon as it leaves the bottle. I got compliments on the 6th hour of putting at most two sprays.

Depending on the situation.... One spray is sometimes over cooking this Cookie gourmand frag.

You defo get your bang for your buck here.
Although I do Adore this, I ware it sparingly because it is 100% beast

Smell 10
Longevity 10
Sillage 10

Infact.... This is stronger than that. Awesome juice. Two thumbs up.
08th February, 2018
First fragrance from several samples from the Montale line and this is not for me in the least. WOW super floral with some sweetness and a soapy vibe. Leans way feminine and towards the dry down does become more sweet and powdery. Glad I got a sample first. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY if you don't like florals.
31st May, 2017
Late in my visit to the Montale shop, when I had already greedily pounced on a few cans and was subsequently attempting to be an angel of restraint, I was introduced to Red Aoud. The charming shop assistant sprayed some on a strip and said that she loved the feel of roasted tonka about it. And I could see where she was going with that that striking gourmand accord which wears on the skin like toasted brioche or even crumbly almondy cake is the most remarkable thing about it. Its a real caresser and I almost bought it then, but I was suffering from perfume relativism after having smelled so much, and so desisted.
Now, nearly a year later, Ive got around to sampling it and that lovely toasted accord is still the most striking thing about it. We are so used to tonka as a dab of something indistinctly sweet in our perfumes that it is useful to remember the smell of the real thing which has depths and a dark halva-like richness the difference is like that between vanilla sugar and a cloven pod of the real thing. I know tonka isnt in the declared notes but roast tonka is what seems to surge up from Red Aouds base and I likes it.
The rest of Red Aoud I like less the rose smells cheapo and screechy and is quite discordant at the opening until it settles somewhat, the oud is non-descript and somewhat shy, the other woody notes are generic and the spicing particularly saffron which I adore just refuses to make itself known on my skin. So weve got the phenomenal voice of the central gourmand accord surrounded by a band of rather untalented musicians. I cant make my peace with that.
18th March, 2016
I'm torn on this one. On one hand, it's like nothing else I've ever smelled. On the other hand, its so bombastically strong I'm scared to wear it.

Red Aoud is basically the gourmand of the line. Saffron and oud open the show, but the oud is subdued compared to the others in the Montale line. It's creamy, and fascinating.

The saffron fades, as does the oud, and what you're left with is a chocolate musk. It's great, but not for everyone, and not for those looking for subtlety.

Also - don't buy the big bottle, for the love of god.
04th May, 2015
Pepper, spice, oud in Red Aoud make for a strong opening and agreeable spicy dry down, much more pleasant than Amouage Journey Man, in my opinion. Certainly masculine, with a good balance of spicy and herb-ish notes, I'd probably classify it as a cold weather night scent. I'd agree with some of other reviews in that it is well blended, as no particular note is cloying. It has some sweetness to it in the dry down, albeit subtly.

Projection and longevity are both strong.

This is definitely an appealing addition for fans of spicy fragrances. Generally I am not but I have to agree that this probably would work for a lot of men, and isn't overwhelming or overly formal. I'm not familiar with much of Montale, but this wants me to make try more of their scents. Not one that I'd necessarily buy at the price but worth considering.

7 out of 10
12th March, 2015

Add your review of Red Aoud

Shop for Red Aoud products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Red Aoud

There are no member images of Red Aoud yet. Why not be the first?