Zirh Ikon (2008)

PerfumerFrank Voelkl
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble
Parent Company at launchZirh

About Zirh Ikon

Zirh Ikon is a masculine fragrance by Zirh. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Frank Voelkl

Zirh Ikon fragrance notes

Reviews of Zirh Ikon

iStink Show all reviews
Now that I'm living a rather odd lifestyle of a 30-something that is a full-time college student, I have been wearing cheaper and less sophisticated scents because I'm now a jeans-and-T-Shirt type of guy. Zirh Ikon is the absolute steal of my collection! I payed 12.99 for a gift set of this, and upon first spray I was reminded of a scent I wore back in my days of being a salesmen... Dunhill Edition.

I would 5-star this because of the value of the scent, but it stands on it own against the costlier and more snobbish scents I've tried and own. Cardamon and a light lemon opening quickly turns into a clove/cinnamon dominated middle that linger forever on my skin. It's that clove/cinnamon middle that conjures up memories of Dunhill Edition.

For the fall/winter semester, this is my signature scent.
19th December, 2014
After a screechy lemon drop start, Ikon relaxed into a 1980s daddy scent – persistent, synthetic down to its toes, sweet for the duration (which is long), mildly hinting at woods, vetiver, spice, without committing to anything in particular, and, as many have discovered, surprisingly pleasant. A bit too-square-to-care for my taste, this seems to be aiming in the direction of the much more vibrant Rive Gauche PH.
05th February, 2014
Great Melancholie

My second review after i tested this one good.
First of all this scent is cheap! and not smell-wise cheap put paywise :-) so i like that for starters ...
I tested a good 8 sprays in the morning after a shower.
Opening first 30 seconds to 2 -5 mins is not that good , little bit sour?

I think many will dislike the opening and by this will not buy it in stores.

After 5 minutes the scent becomes better!

Its a real winter fragrance. and maybe odd but i resemble this scent with churches, dungeons and priests...
Dont expect a very unusual scent its nice sweetish,insense warm and spicy smells almost like a christmas glow.

Sillage and Longevity are allright after a few wearings.

the scent tends to be introvert and not outgoing. Not for the machos.
Drydown on skin is great! almost like By Killians perfumes.
So i give the best ratings for the drydown.

- Opening : 5 out of 10
- Middle : 7.5 out of 10
- End : 8.5 out of 10

Pros: Superb mid and drydown , price and perfect for christmas
Cons: Bad opening"

26th August, 2013
Based on the reviews here, I bought it blind, and was a amazing surprise, I was expecting a scent like this a long time... Zirh Ikon is dark, there is a mistery in the air.
Reminds me a bit YSL M7
Thumbs Up for Zirh !!!
12th March, 2013
I made the mistake of buying Ikon in the summer. That's a mistake because Ikon is not a summer scent, which means I got the wrong impression from it.

I hated it.

Fast forward to the dead of winter. I pulled it out of storage, gave it a sniff, and whaddayaknow... It's very nice.

Incense, cinnamon, ginger, some cloves. Wear it on a very cold day.

At $10 a bottle? It's a steal.
17th January, 2013
Spicy, dark and mysterious, this is a magnificent fragrance that sells for peanuts.
As already mentioned here, it reminds me of Visit by Azzaro and Witness by Bogart, but at a much lower price of either (if you can find them LOL).
Not as good as these just mentioned, but it is a better value because of its low price.
Cardamom is the dominant opening note very well escorted by ginger and a hint of lemon.
The heart comes fast bringing even more spicyness with cinnamon and cloves and the incency notes of labdanum and frankincense start dominating the fragrance from now on.
The inciense of the dark drydown is well matched to a very refined vetiver/patchouli accord with some white amber in the background.
Sillage is poor and longevity is mediocre, and this is the weak point of this perfume.
In the fence between thumbs up for the scent itself, and a neutral because of sillage and longevity. What made me decide for thumbs up is that it could easily replace either Visit or Witness from your wardrobe for just a few bucks.
09th December, 2012 (last edited: 21st December, 2012)

Add your review of Zirh Ikon

Shop for Zirh Ikon products online

Shop for Zirh Ikon at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Zirh Ikon

Member images of Zirh Ikon

There are no member images of Zirh Ikon yet. Why not be the first?