Beckham Signature for Her (2008)
    by Beckham

Beckham Signature for Her Fragrance Notes

Shop for Beckham Signature for Her products online

Reviews of Beckham Signature for Her

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

winterlove's avatar
    winterlove

This one is growing on me - its a lighter and more work friendly version of lolita lempicka. I get the anise through the whole wear. I don't really get the candy Apple at all. The drydown is more anise, with a soft vanilla and musk. Would have been nice for the patchouli to make an appearance! This was a blind buy. It's not spectacular but nice enough for day wear at work.

30th October, 2011

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

This fragrance is surprisingly fruity, which is not something that I would have imagined Victoria Beckham putting her name to. I usually refer to fruity fragrances as being free-sprited and lively, whereas Victoria exudes elegance and sophistication.

However, with that being said, the fragrance itself does not have the 'wow factor'. It's rather cheap and generic, which for the price tag is not something that you would expect.

I really loved her first two fragrances for women, but this one doesn't appeal to me what-so-ever. The apple note is really strong, yet it's not as well done as perhaps DKNY Be Delicious or Ralph by Ralph Lauren. In this fragrance the apple note is sour and nauseating.

I don't think that the choice to advertise this fragrance as being elegant and sophisticated was the right choice. This perfume would be better suited to a younger crowd and should be re-bottled and re-advertised to appeal to such a crowd.

26 April, 2011

sara carty's avatar
    sara carty
    England England

got this for christmas from mother-in-law. It's vile. Reminds me of an old lady's perfume, very dated. It soon wares off and smells very chemical. Can't see Posh using this scent - unless as a mosquito repellent.

21st August, 2010

zztopp's avatar
    zztopp

A fruity 'floriental, Signature for her is an attempt by the (former) soccer dynamo David Beckham and his wife Posh Spice to capture share in the youth fragrance market (shots of them parading around in L.A. in mags such as 17 wasn't enough).The juice has a pale reddish/purple hue which is indicative of a certain character inherent within.

Signature opens with a bracing, youthful combo of a candy apple accord uplifted by hints of subdued anise with its fennel-licorice facets thankfully keeping at bay any extreme 'candied' attacks. Then comes forth the heart of Signature and the thing that bothers me the most about this fragrance. Composed of vanilla, heliotrope and amber the resulting heart accord has a cherry cough syrup 'Robitussin' aroma with a sticky vanilla candy-floss background which isn't the most attractive of smells. Come to think of it, I have experience this same cough syrup accord in a few other fragrances in the past and it may be because of the use of a certain proprietary aromachemical. Thankfully the cough syrup accord disintegrates after 1-2 hours leaving a pleasant but sweetish ambery base to sign off this latest Beckham money making venture.

Signature sports decent materials and isn't as crass as some of the latest Britney or Paris offerings, but its cherry cough syrup note is a weird distraction and doesn't really make it rise above the sea of fruity floral offerings in the market. I would rather give this juice to the paparazzi.

Rating: 5.5/10.0

07 November, 2009

sharviss's avatar
    sharviss

I received this fragrance for Christmas and as I hadn't smelled it, I didn't know what to expect. It starts off quite pretty, I like the hint of anise. Unfortunately the pretty doesn't last. It only takes a few minutes for this fragrance to disintegrate into a plastic-y mess.

21st July, 2009

NebraskaLovesScent's avatar
    NebraskaLovesScent

I was surprised to discover I like this one. I'm going through a torrid love affair with all things anise and black licorice at the moment, and this fits the bill. A beautiful sweet anisic opening gives way to a floral-incense dry-down on my skin. Average persistance. Good sillage. I would best describe it was With Love Hillary Duff's opening stacked on Cabaret de Gres's dry-down.

Worth a try if you like any of the notes. Don't dismiss it simply because of its association with Posh Spice. I tried Beckham Instinct for Her and found it cheap-smelling, but Beckham Signature for Her is several notches above that one, both in quality of fragrance and also in price.

13 December, 2008